“Loud - noisy neighbors, creaky floors, Lowsy Wifi internet...”

Motel 6 Los Angeles Sylmar
Ranked #277 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Loud - noisy neighbors, creaky floors, Lowsy Wifi internet...”
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We don't recommend this hotel for a good night sleep for anyone, esp. with a 8 mo. old baby. We had bottom floor room, next to what looked like the managers unit. No other rooms were available, even on the top floor. The room was ok, except for all the noise around and above us from Partygoers. The floor above us would creak everytime somebody walked on it, so this family of 3 didn't get to sleep, even with an 8 mo. old baby.

The WIFI internet was lousy!!! It only connected at minimum wifi speed, even being close by the office. I called tech support for the Wifi service & they said it might have something to do with my laptop. I knew my laptop accessed my wifi at home that same day before we left, and then they told me it had something to do with their equipment? They acted "rude" over the phone. So, I essentially paid $2.99 for unlimited Wifi for nothing. The laptop connected to the router there but never obtained an IP address. So, we decided to leave in the middle of the night around midnight - we arrived around 10pm so 2 hrs. before that. The office people were ok/nice then, but when I turned in the keys to the office lady as we were leaving, I told her why we were leaving. She acted like I was an idiot for asking about a refund and never got one, because of our troubles. They never told me upfront about the "1/2 hr. - if you don't like it, you get your money back" policy. You don't just do that to a paying customer - it's almost like she ignored my complaints - not a friendly people person. The bed & tv were ok.

After we got home from vacation, I called Motel 6 customer service about our experience. They said they'd look into fixing our problem and I haven't heard anything since then. We were going to use Motel 6 for the rest of our vacation, but because of that experience, we won't use a Motel 6 ever again.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — Noisy, WIFI wasn't working, Nobody in the family could sleep & above all Customer Service!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
redirtgurl
Reviewed 18 June 2008

We were looking for a cheap place to stay on our way through LA -- because we were only going to be sleeping there, we figured it would be okay. I have stayed at many a Motel 6 that was fine. This one was not. Yes, area a little sketchy. But they had a TON of security and it felt safe. Close to Hollywood, etc. so the location for the price is good. But, the room was disgusting -- truly. It smelled terrible -- like barely covered over smoke in the bedroom, and like barely covered over sewage in the bathroom. And, most disappointing of all, one of the beds in our room was so warped that it visibly sagged in the middle while the corners were up in the air. So annoying. Really regretted not just paying more for a slightly less convenient location. Never again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

The Sea Ranch, California
Reviewed 26 November 2007

We stayed here one night during a Thanksgiving road trip. The motel is located right next to I-5. Our room was on the back side of the motel and you could hear the sound of traffic all night long. The parking lot is guarded at night, and it appears that the area is rather rough, as there are numerous signs posted on the property that lists all the types of illegal activity that are prohibited on the property (e.g., prostitution, drug sales, etc.). The entire property is fenced, with the exception of the entrace driveway. We were required to show IDs for both adults who stayed in the room and the desk clerk made copies of them.

The room was very basic, towels were thin and there was no clock in the room. The desk clerk did offer us a wake up call. If it had not been so late at night and during a holiday, we probably would have skipped this place and looked for something a little better. One good thing is that Motel 6 does allow pets.

• Liked — Allowed pets
  • Disliked — rough area
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CailTravels
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 12 March 2007

We stayed at the motel 6 in Sylmar, I am a light sleeper and I thought I would not be able to sleep because I-5 runs directly behind the motel, it was not noisy and I slept very well , our room was at the front of the motel so i'm sure that helped. We went to Saugus Swap Meet and shopping in Santa Clarita before we checked in at the motel and the day we checked out we went to the Los Angeles Zoo and it was nice because it was not far from any of the places we went to.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple