“great experience!”

Ranked #114 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mesa, Arizona
“great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

the staff are wonderful go above and beyond!! Im an aircraft mechanic who stays there on a regular basis. they always remember me by name.Its also is a very good place to eat. One time i stayed in one of the jaccuzi suites with my family, and we had a wonderful experience watching the air traffic at the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear J K: We are definitely happy to know our staff went above and beyond to make you feel special and welcome. We love our guests and we want them to leave with a positive experience. It looks like we succeeded with you, so we will keep making your stays wonderful ones! Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had a very pleasant stay and the staff are very helpful and nice to speak to. The room we had was very nice and the beds were very comfortable, which is sometimes hard to find. The restaurant staff and house cleaning staff were very helpful as well as the staff at the desk.
They made our stay very enjoyable. The food in the restaurant is very good and the chef does dishes just the right way.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We got the preferred room, which is updated and very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Lou B. Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to know we made your stay a memorable one and we can't wait to have you back!
Brawley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

The staff was exceptionally courteous and kind, they went over and beyond to make us comfortable.My kids did not want to leave the room. My wife and I loved the room décor and the beds comforts design. We enjoyed the elegant shower that was very spotless. That night my wife and I slept like babies, my children always wake up at 6:30am and never sleep in, and that day they woke up at 9am due to they were so comfortable that they did not want to get up. We had a hard time convincing them to get up and take their shower to leave. It was much more than we expected, and above all, of course it was incredibly clean. The only regret was that we only could stay one night due to my schedule and were unable to try the restaurant that hotel guests talked about around the pool so much. However without doubt once again we will be staying there. They gave us a 5 star hospitality

Room Tip: Bottom rooms next to pool are great!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Mr. Josesandoval_55: thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed our rooms and our overall service. We are looking forward to having you back and create more positive memories for you and your family!
Running Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I routinely stay here for my job as a pilot. Being in the travel industry, I have to say that this is one of the best independent hotels I've stayed in. The staff works very hard to make your stay the best it can be.

For frequent visitors, it isn't uncommon for most of the staff to remember you on a first name basis.

Many has been the time that I haven't finished walking in yet and the desk staff already have my paperwork done and are speeding me to my room, which after a full day of flying I greatly appreciate.

Saying this place is like a home away from home isn't a stretch in the least. Friendly staff with a can-do attitude, a relaxing environment, and excellent value all go into making this a nice place to stay for the traveler. Don't be shocked to run into the owners in the Clipper Lounge after hours and share a drink with them as they ask you about your stay and work to ensure it is excellent.

All in all, a nice place to stay and base out if for business in LA and the Valley.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank JohnFerdon
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear Mr. Ferdon: Thank you for your kind and lovely review! We are thrilled to know our staff makes you feel home and we are happy to welcoming you back over and over! Thank YOU!
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I get the pleasure of staying at this hotel almost once a month and enjoy it every time. I am normally checked in by Gary, who is always very courteous and greets you with a smile and a hand shake.

In the mornings I get a ride from numerous staff, but most often Gerry who has been more than helpful the times I have been there. He is very pleasant to talk to on the way to my work in the mornings. I know there have been times some people dont really talk while shuttling you, which makes for an awkward ride. There is also June, I dont think that is how you spell it, but he is very kind as well.

Some evenings I get the luxury of going to the bar that the hotel has there and Sean is always a splendid familiar face to see. He learns peoples names really fast if you plan on being a regular here and serves you with a smile.... and if your lucky, a dance.

Overall I have not had any bad experiences here. Love the staff and the rooms!!!!!!!! = ]

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building seem to be nicer. In the tower the water to the sink will sometimes...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kali S
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear loyal guest: thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to know our team members made the difference and we will sure share your feedback with them. We are happy to be your home away from home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back over and over again!
Central USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I attended a conference in Van Nuys at this location so that is the reason why I stayed at the hotel. The check in was easy enough and the staff was pleasant. It does have an airport theme and if you have a plane,there is only a fence that separates you from the airport with a security gate. Pretty nifty.

I found nothing in this hotel that would make me want to return. As mentioned the staff was pleasant and helpful. Parking my rental car was good as they have a secure parking lot and provide for you an access card to go in and out. That was appreciated. The hotel is dated and though it has everything you might want, it does need to be upgraded.

My room was spacious, but the carpet throughout the facility was in need of cleaning, and it was worn in many places. The bathroom had been repainted poorly with different kinds of paint. Parts of the hotel had a musty smell.

The bed was comfy though, and sheets were very clean. The restaurant was good, had a great angus burger, nice buffet breakfast and it has a good pool with lots of outdoor seating. Very good service in the restaurant. In conclusion I think the Airtel Hotel has seen better days and is in need of some attention.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasRR
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear guest: thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed our service; however, we do want you back! Please know that we are renovating our hotel and we will be more than happy to have you stay in our preferred rooms on your next visit. We do want you to have a reason to be back at Airtel and to enjoy your overall experience. Thank you.
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

The staff of this hotel from Brian and Gary at the desk, to the owners are all very professional and want to help where they can. I have spent a lot of time here over the past 4 years and can't find the level of service I receive here anywhere else in the country. The owners come and great guests and assist where needed and I have never seen anything like that at hotel chain. The genuinely care.

Thank you Airtel for all you do for me, but also the guests that I refer to you. Your service means a lot to me!

Room Tip: Try out the new remodeled rooms! Very chic!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jepperson1974
Dear guest: thank you for your kind words. We are happy to know that we are like family to you. Thank you for being loyal to Airtel Plaza Hotel!