“great job overall!!”

Ranked #114 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
columbia, MO
“great job overall!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very warm and friendly staff- Luis was great, as were others. I want to stay there again, and soon! I was there with my wife and we both were very happy with the hotel and especially the great staff!

I also think the location was good and convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Goodtaster_10: I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will let Luis and the rest of the team know how much you valued their service. Knowing that you and your wife were happy with the services and are looking forward to returning (and real soon) is a huge compliment to our staff and to our "Chain of One” hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon! Happy New Year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I did not choose this hotel myself. I was on a business trip. However, I liked the hotel very much. Conditions of the rooms were very good to excellent and the staff were all very friendly. There is a free shuttle service to bus station nearby and the driver told me the service is free if you want to go out for dining or shopping in the vicinity. I did not use it (my trip was very short) but I found this very useful and a nice compliment for the guests. I wanted to give excellent rating- the only thing that kept me from this is the noise from the jets at the nearby jet airport. However, this is only a day-time issue. There is no problem at night and you can easily sleep in your room at night.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear BB_Chicago_12: Thank you for your review of your experience! I was happy you noticed our friendly staff and the value of the additional amenities the hotel had to offer to our guests. One of the most important things we give our guests is a good night’s sleep and we are glad we succeeded! We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Los Angeles. Happy New Year!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My stay at this hotel was excellent. The Staff is helpful and friendly.Especially Red and Shawn @ the clipper lounge and the food in the restaurant is great.
always stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Liz 674,

Thank you for recognizing our helpful and friendly staff, especially Red and Shawn who made your stay even more memorable! I will be sure to pass your praises to our team, including our award winning Chef! We look forward to your return.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Had a very pleasant stay. All the staff at the Airtel hotel were great, especially Red in the restaurant. Right from the moment I walked in I knew I was going to be in for a nice experience. Good stay, great food, great atmosphere. Nice location next to the Van Nuys Airport. Would definitely choose again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Luke K: Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know your stay has been a great one from the beginning to the end. Making guests feel welcomed is our top priority! We are looking forward to having you back!
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I recently spent several nights here on business. The airplane theme throughout was a nice touch seeing as the hotel is adjacent to the Van Nuys Airport. I had a couple meals in the restaurant. My initial impression was the restaurant pricing was a little high, however, I was very pleased with the food. Breakfast was standard fare. For dinner, I had the Greek Salmon Salad. Perfectly prepared salmon on a bed of spinach with feta cheese, olives, and artichoke hearts...a pleasant surprise at a reasonable price. I seldom saw anyone in the restaurant during my entire stay. In contrast, the bar/lounge was busy the entire time I was there, and it tended to be the place to meet my fellow co-workers. My room decor appeared to be a little dated as compared to one of the rooms I saw in the Tower building. Old-style particleboard dresser with a clunky old TV, but the room was large, clean, and comfortable. The only complaint, and it isn't anything to do with the hotel per se, was my room faced the airport runway. Planes and jets taking off and landing at all hours of the night and morning meant my sleep was interrupted. Next time I will ask for a room away from the airport and suggest you do the same if you're a light sleeper. Other than the sleeping, it was fun to open my windows and enjoy the airport traffic. I used the gym daily. It's not Gold's but it'll do in a pinch. Two treadmills (one was broken), a stairmaster, a multi-station fitness machine, and five (yep, I counted them) dumbbells. It was a little chilly during my stay so I never tried the pool and rumor had it the jacuzzis were not very warm, so I didn't even bother to check them out for myself. The guys that drove the shuttle van were amazing. They (Brian, Steven, and Luis) drove us to and from the office daily, shared their insights about where to go for dinner, gave detailed directions to the local attractions, and drove us to/from anyplace located within an allowed radius. Overall, the staff at this independent hotel are what make this place special.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the airport runway.
1 Thank Nancy Z
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Nancy Z: we are happy to read your review and know some of our staff members made your stay even better. We are really proud of them! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you experienced not only our rooms but also our restaurant. We are looking forward to having you back!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 22 November 2012

the staff are wonderful go above and beyond!! Im an aircraft mechanic who stays there on a regular basis. they always remember me by name.Its also is a very good place to eat. One time i stayed in one of the jaccuzi suites with my family, and we had a wonderful experience watching the air traffic at the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear J K: We are definitely happy to know our staff went above and beyond to make you feel special and welcome. We love our guests and we want them to leave with a positive experience. It looks like we succeeded with you, so we will keep making your stays wonderful ones! Thank you.
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had a very pleasant stay and the staff are very helpful and nice to speak to. The room we had was very nice and the beds were very comfortable, which is sometimes hard to find. The restaurant staff and house cleaning staff were very helpful as well as the staff at the desk.
They made our stay very enjoyable. The food in the restaurant is very good and the chef does dishes just the right way.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We got the preferred room, which is updated and very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Lou B. Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to know we made your stay a memorable one and we can't wait to have you back!