“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #107 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 March 2013

After driving in L A traffic all day and passing through some areas that looked as if they had seen better days I was prepared for a big disappointment in lodging. I was attending a small conference and that usually meant keeping expenses to a minimum. When I drove up to the front I was pleasantly surprised by the overall hotel and grounds. The lobby was large and quite appealing. As it is near an airport the overall theme was aviation. Quite clever references through out the hotel. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was given a large room with every thing you would expect in today's better than average hotel. I had only been in my room about fifteen minutes when the manager who had checked me in called up to see if everything was satisfactory with my room. I was impressed.

Room Tip: My room was a king, on the second floor, western facing. I actually looked out at a wall but it was...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Gayle B.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with Airtel Plaza Hotel. The Airtel Plaza Hotel Team strives to make each guest stay a personalized experience with our spacious guest rooms and an exceptional dining menu.

We look forward to your next stay and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed at the hotel on Feb 23rd and 24th. On the morning of the 24th, the hot water heater went out and the manager by the name of Gerry went above and beyond to make sure the guests were accommodated during the crisis. Overall, very happy with the hotel and service

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear David V.
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with Airtel Hotel Plaza Management. We strive to deliver superior service and accommodations. The inconveniences you experienced are not representative of the service we aim to provide and thank you for your understanding.
We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Van Nuys, CA. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

For the money this was verry good! People holler about the 10 bucks to park but that aint nuthin for the LA area plus you dont have to wory about a Gangsta breaking into your already pimped out ride!!!! Rooms are verrly large and the restaurant is good. Only strange thing is that they dont pu glasses in your room unless you ask. They have probably been getting legs and they got tired of losing bucks. We got a good value and down pillows. Nice folks too and they act like they give a darn! Thats not common now days! We will be back when we are foced to stay in this area! It is located by the Van Nuys airport and it seems to be a pretty safe place. Thats a good thing!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Hello DocDawg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with your most recent stay with us at Airtel Plaza. We strive to ensure that each of our guests receive the highest in guest service, satisfaction and safety. We hope to see soon and welcome your return visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Had it not been for this incident i would have given them an overall 3 stars but I can't.
At 10:30 at night, after climbing into bed i was both shocked and surprised (and extremely angry) that total strangers walked straight into my room with a key card given to them by the front desk. I had not set the deadbolt as I was still expecting a family member to come in.
After a angry call to the front desk i was apologized to and told that i would be called back in a few minutes. About 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door from who i imagine was the night manager offering to give me free vouchers for the breakfast buffet for my inconvenience.
I was stunned and angry and he knew it. After a few more apologies he sulked away and I slammed the door. About 10 minutes go by and i get a call from him offering to move us into a 'new' updated room which i agreed to. It was clearly their mistake and i would have preferred my stay to have been comped. Nope, vouchers and newly updated room. I will never return and have learned a lesson about ALWAYS lock your deadbolt. I feel very fortunate that it was a family walking into my room and not some shady character who could have perhaps harmed me.Not being in the best area, I consider my self a lucky woman. Shame on Airtel Plaza Hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hello staceym60713,
Thank you for your response and sharing you concerns. We would like to sincerely apologize for the service shortfall that you experienced on our behalf. We take every effort to ensure our guest safety, security and privacy are priority. Incidences such as these are not common and we have taken all precautionary measures to ensure our guest safety.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I just spent five nights at the Airtel in Van Nuys and was fairly pampered by the staff. I arrived very late at night when the usual drivers were off duty, so the security guard drove me to the hotel and even took my luggage to my room! I never found out his name, but he was very kind. Our business had a standing order for the van service twice a day and the drivers were so pleasant and helpful. Steve, Luis, Alex, and Russell were all very helpful with luggage and advising us about restaurants and places to visit. Raymond, and Filipe were a big help at the desk, as was Sylvia. Everyone had such a pleasant attitude and did what they could to be helpful. My room was clean and comfortable with plenty of towels and hot water. The night maid Reyna brought me extra towels and a chair when the one in my room was squeaky. I used the outdoor pool quite a bit and I loved the hot-water spa! The food from room service was great - plenty of food with extra sides. Thanks, everyone, for a helping to make my stay so nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lucinda S. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on most recent visit to the San Fernando Valley. We strive to ensure that we meet and exceed guest expectations and we are happy hear that we delivered that to you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This was my fourth or fifth stay at Airtel and I have to say that I am so impressed with the consistent excellent customer service I receive from all the staff. Gary was extremely helpful, professional, and thoughtful in helping me work with the circumstances of my stay, which was for a medical situation, not business or vacation. The atmosphere and service in the bar is awesome, having a mini 'Starbucks' in the lobby is awesome...I just love this place and always look forward to any reason to come back. The staff goes above and beyond to try to help in any way they can. I find this kind of service rare these days. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Catherine O: Thank you for mentioning the excellent customer service that you receive consistently during your repeated stays. I will share with Gary and his managers on how his sincere and helpful manner in assisting you with your medical situation helped you in your time of need. We hope all is well with you. We'd love to have you back soon when your travels takes you to this area!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I recently completed a four night stay at this attractive property located near easy freeway access to two of the major LA freeways.

My newly refurbished room on the quiet inside corridor of the hotel had a very comfortable pillow top bed with soft sheets and feather pillows. My stone tiled huge stall shower had a floor to ceiling walk-in glass door and the shower head provided a range of water pressure, making it quite a luxurious experience.

But as nice as my room was and as spacious and relaxing as the lobby was, my favorite memory of this hotel will always be its superb staff. When the front desk staff always greets you with a smile and asks how you are, they seem really sincere in their interest. If you request something brought to your room there is usually follow-up from the person you asked making sure you got what you wanted. Everyone you see, from the bellman to the front desk staff to the hotel manager make themselves available to help you and to make your visit as pleasant as possible.

You may have been at hotels where you are always greeted automatically but it gets to seem old and even a nuisance. I always sensed sincerity from the staff and for me, that sense is what separates this property not only from others in its price range, but also from others that might cost four times more.

All in all a great value and a really pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Consider a newly refurbished room on the first floor inside corridor for the most quiet experience.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Paula C: Wow, we are so happy that we hit the mark in all areas from your stay, shower, service and smiles! We are blessed to have our sincere staff who understands the basics and importance of hospitality. Thank you for noticing and taking the time to write your generous review of your pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.