“The staff is like family!”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #111 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sioux City, Iowa
“The staff is like family!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have stayed here on two different occasions. Both times, the staff was warm and friendly and eager to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The accommodations were very comfortable and the rooms were quite large. The buffet was excellent. The pool and hot tub/spa were very relaxing. Everything was clean and fresh. This place cares about its guests. We will be returning.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms in the Tower and prefer the first floor although there is certainly nothing wrong...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Every summer I visit family in the San Fernando Valley and this is my fifth or sixth time staying at Airtel. I always enjoy it. The front desk and all the staff people are very friendly. I have eaten in the restaurant several times for dinner and breakfast and the food is good. The outdoor area is really pleasant with ponds and nice places to sit and visit with friends and family. The rooms are nice and clean. The neighborhood is not much but I always feel safe there. I am surprised that this property doesn't have a higher approval rating as I have never found anything lacking there. There is a charge for parking but it is very convenient and plentiful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was introduced to this hotel on my yearly trip to LA in 2009. I have stayed here for the past 5 years and simply love this hotel. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and clean. The pool is relaxing & clean as well as the gym. The food is great. On Wednesdays, they bring in many food trucks @ dinner time with various types of food you can purchase. The staff is friendly, helpful & knowledgable. The Internet is free & easy to access. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I'm looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Chino, CA
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been staying at the Airtel for well over seven years now. I travel a lot for my work. The staff here go out of there way to make sure that you are taken care of. There is a guy named Garey that works at the reception area that is the perfect example of what customer service should emulate. He always has a smile on his face, remembers customers names, and goes above and beyond what I would expect on a regular basis. The pool and jacuzzi are always clean, the bartenders have phenomenal personalities, and the restaurant serves great food. The rooms have extremely comfortable beds, a nice working office area, and the little extras like soap, shampoo, coffee, free wifi, are what makes this place amazing for the price. Recently they even have a variety of different gourmet food trucks that come in every wednesday evening which makes for a great outdoor dining experience. Last but not least, the management here are great listeners, and in the event that you do have a special request, or complaint; they immediately resolve issues and are quite accommodating even for the most discerning guest. I have had the privelege of dealing with a Mr. Gutierrez on several occasions, and I wish all hotels had equivalent management. The only request I would have is for them to upgrade to slightly larger or newer televisions, but I suppose with this economy being what it is, and since they recently remodeled a lot of the rooms....that might have to wait.

Room Tip: I prefer the main building when I want to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi, the tower building seems to be...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have known the proprietors of the Airtel Plaza Hotel, Jim Dunn and his son Brian over 20 years. The hotel is located right on the Van Nuys airport premises, so cool! Every time I visit the hotel its a bit like coming home. I love the easy access to the Airtel from the runway and often have pulled my jet or other aircraft right up to the parking area.

Breakfast has always been good and plenty of it at the Airtel. Once I came to the desk parched and thirsty while checking in. Brian came running over with a bottle of water and he was not even at the front desk! Can't beat that kind of service! It's because they care about their patrons.

When I am unable to attend breakfast due to my early schedule, the Airtel always offers and made me a nice box lunch to go instead.

The Airtel has a nice private lounge for aviators, which is really cool. You are not bothered by the other guests and can flight plan in style!

The rooms at the Airtel are always clean and I was never lacking of supplies when needed.

Airtel recently ungraded the health club with new gear and it looks great!

I look forward to keep coming back to the Airtel Plaza Hotel. If you are a pilot in the Van Nuys area, you should too! Its cost effective and ideally located for pilots!

Room Tip: All rooms are good! If you are a pilot ask for the pilot lounge access. it is on the 2nd floor of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Motivator and convince others to always be positive”
Pending review

I came in for dinner and was served by Mel your waiter. I was very satisfied with the food and service. Mel made the experience one to remember. I decided to come back and have a drink at the bar. I started talking to one of the associates and learned that I was speaking with Gerry who works the front desk. Gerry has a personality that can light up the world and he was very pleasant and fun. Airtel Plaza Hotel has some very quality employees and I wanted to share my experience. Thank you Mel and Gerry I will be back for more laughter and dining. Richard

5 of 5 stars Value
5 of 5 stars Location
5 of 5 stars Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Service

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian_Dunn_1, Director of Rooms, David Gutierrez at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear baby p,
Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your recent experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel; we look forward to hearing about our satisfied guests and their stay.
Our Service Team strives to ensure that we provide personable, professional and quality service and I am glad to know that was your experience. I will be happy to share your wonderful comments with them.
Thank you and hope to see you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was close to Burbank airport... Wrong! After a forty dollar cab ride we arrived at the hotel, it looked nice on the outside, and lobby was okay so I thought not so bad.
I was soon very disappointed when we began our long walk down the hall, children were running up and down the halls, wet towels were in the hallways along with trash. When we reached our room and opened the door what air was left in our sails soon went away. The carpet is old and dirty, the beds almost sit on the floor, the furniture was scratched and bathroom was filthy. An old style tv and out dated light fixtures were in the room. Not at all like the photos show the room to look like. I called the front desk and asked what the charge would be to "upgraded" to a nicer room thinking it would be cleaner and have nicer beds, the said that they were fully booked and had no more rooms, besides I had booked the hotel through a third party site. So, in short PLEASE don't expect much from this place... Move on if you can.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear 225Tina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with Airtel Plaza Hotel. Airtel Plaza Hotel continually works hard to ensure that accommodations, public spaces and dining options are top quality. I am sorry that was not the experience provided for you.
We have many satisfied new and repeat Guest and hope that on you next visit to the San Fernando you would give Airtel Plaza Hotel another opportunity to provide what we strive for.
We are making a number of improvements to many areas of our hotel such as new carpeting in public spaces, a recently refreshed fitness center and many exciting menu changes.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again.