“simple at the airtel plaza” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #115 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Bristol
“simple at the airtel plaza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2008

2 night stay in june 2008 , room facing front of building, clean and tidy , bathroom fine , no issues.
usesd bar in evening which was never over busy , comfortable surroundings and reasonable prices for the drinks, eat for one night in Restaurant which was not as expected , the lady who lead us to our table was a little more interested in her private phone call , so she kept us waiting , she took us to our table and sped off, there was only 1 other person in the room, we waited 20 minutes for a waiter to take our requirements, the Tuna which was ordered was awful , it was raw , apparently the Chef advised through the waiter that it was served that way in the Hotel, it was inedible and they did not charge..
Breakfast was Buffet style and was fine , every thing was fresh and the waiters very polite and helpful , they were tipped, suffice to say the previous evening they missed out.
A swimming pool is sited to the rear of the Hotel , very nice ,warm and when we visited plenty of room, there is also a hot tub to enjoy, it is hot so be warned.Right next to the Hotel is the Van Nuys Airport , with private jet planes flying in and out , I can not remember hearing them at night.
It is a pleasant simple Hotel and I would have no hesitation in revisiting in the future.

• Liked — clean , tidy and quiet
  • Disliked — poor service at dinner
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2008

This is a no frills but good hotel. You can get a great rate but you will pay for any extras. I got a rate of $69.00 through Priceline and that was far below what the other hotels are averaging. You will be charged $10 a day for parking, $3 for internet usage (free wireless though), no provided breakfast, and 1 cup of coffee in maker provided in the room. I also asked for a courtesey upgrade to a suite since none were occupied but was quickly denied unless I wanted to pay.

The hotel itself was very clean and I was impressed that the maintenece staff took as much pride on the outside grounds as they did on the inside. The airport next door is extremely busy and sometimes the small jets were very loud but never noticed the noise during the night. I was usually awakend around 6 or 7 am by aircraft. The two spas by the courtyard were well maintained and the courtyard itself was very nice. The main pool is quite a walk though from the tower rooms. I also believe the tower rooms are much bigger and better for a family. The beds were very nice as well. We never heard noise from any other room but that is usually dependent on who is next to you.

I did not have a problem with the neighborhood. It seemed safe enough and the parking lot was secured nicely with a paid parking attendant. We really did not find any restaurants in the area that we wanted to visit. The area is aging as well as the eating places. If you are flying into LAX and taking the Flyaway to the hotel, get ready to walk. I might walk if I was by myself and carrying a duffle bag. Otherwise, be sure you have transport to the hotel. I am guessing a half of a mile or more.

Getting in and out of the hotel lot was very easy. You are about a mile or two to the 405 and traffic to the highway was never an issue. We visited Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Venice Beach and Universal Studios. It took about 20 minutes to get to Hollywood. Traffic was always heavy but moving. It was actually a nice trip through the mountains.

I would suggest this hotel if you are willing to drive a little. We spent 4 days there and I ended up using a little more than half of tank of gas going to all the places I mentioned above.

• Liked — Affordable
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

We stayed here 2 nights as part of a tour.

This was the best hotel we stayed in on all of the tour - it was outstanding.

Our room was huge and very lavishly appointed in tasteful browns & beige. The beds were extremely comfortable and there were abundant white fluffy towels.

There was coffee making facilities along with an iron & ironing board and a hairdryer.

The pool was absolutely fabulous!

We ate in the hotel one night on the patio and the meal was superb - faultless.

It's interesting being next to such a busy little executive airport (the USA's busiest private airport we were told) where the final scenes of 'Casablanca' were filmed.
We were told John Travolta, Pamela Anderson and various other stars walk through the hotel lobby sometimes when using the airport.

The scale model of the Pan Am jumbo in reception is most impressive.

The location is good for Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the Getty Museum & Santa Monica, also Universal Studios.

The entire hotel exuded class and the staff were friendly, helpful & courteous.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Absolutely EVERYTHING!
  • Disliked — Not much of interest within walking distance (that's being picky!)
  • Stayed June 2008
2 Thank EPD
Eugene, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

I had not expected to get a hotel on this trip but wound up staying here on a whim, because some friends were already booked here. The staff was uber-courteous, found me a great rate for a well-appointed and spotlessly clean room. This isn't the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in, but for a room that was across the hallway from the elevator it was far better than expected. I'd stay there again without thinking twice about it.

• Liked — Cleanliness and convenience
  • Disliked — Some thin-wall issues.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank madriax
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

Pros and cons:
Couldn't check in early, told to come back at 3 and the room still wasn't ready. Parking was $10 a day.
The room was large and nicely decorated. Great mattress and linens were excellent. The bathroom is HUGE! Everything was clean and modern. Small jacuzzi's were nice and located in a lovely setting. Larger jacuzzi and pool were also available. Right next to the airport and corporate jets parked right next to the hotel but we were NOT bothered by any noise whatsoever.
This is a real nice place, away from downtown LA, and very easy to get to. The price was excellent for the value.
My only complaint was stated in the first sentence and I could live with that.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2008

Absolutely loved it here - no complaints about the hotel whatsoever - clean, comfortable, spacious, staff couldn't be nicer - the rooms are lovely and we are very glad we stayed here. Superb deal and would receommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicola34
CANADA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2008

That was my first visit in LA, and I am glad that I have had such a great experience at Airtel plaza hotel. The most important thing for me is being somewhere I can feel like home, and Airtel plaza hotel made me feel exactly like my home. I know this hotel is not fancy, but you don't have to BUY the hotel, you just need to stay somewhere comfy and just relaxing! I will be back definitely sometimes on May 2008! Thanks to all staff and their friendly service, see you on May!

M&J