“Definitely would stay again”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #110 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Santa Clara, California
“Definitely would stay again”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My sister (who's very picky about customer service) chose AirTel as the hotel of choice for her wedding guests. I came in from out of town and stayed for a weekend, along with about 40 others who were attending the wedding. Brian, the director of guest relations, was fantastic. I found the majority of their hotel staff to be incredibly friendly, and they went out of their way to make our stay a good one. They provided an excellent environment, especially considering the low cost. They definitely over-delivered on value and didn't seem interested in nickel-and-diming us for more money. I would not hesitate to stay again or recommend them to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve M
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Steve M,

Thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza Hotel on your most recent visit to Van Nuys, and for taking the time to share your experience. We are absolutely delighted that Brian exceeded your expectations. Additionally, we are extremely happy that all of the wedding guests in your party had an enjoyable experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. The staff is excellent. Gary Montinola at the front desk is really awesome. The rooms are very comfortable. The pool is roomy. Nice hot tub. It is a very relaxing place to stay at. The shuttle drivers are very accommodating.

Room Tip: I stayed in the tower building. Though there is airplane noise from the airport (which is sporadic...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Carolyn S.

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your most recent visit to Van Nuys, and taking the time to tell us about your stay. Gary will be so pleased to hear that he exceeded your expectations. We are very glad that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub facilities as well. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed for two nights at the Airtel Plaza Hotel while attending a conference in the hotel. I could not have been more pleased with my entire experience!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the front desk staff in particular went above and beyond with every service provided. When I asked if they had a place I could keep my luggage in the time gap between check-out and my train departure, they offered me late check-out at no additional charge.

The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Great pillows and a heavier comforter that was nicely covered duvet-style in clean white sheets, so I felt much better about laying on it and having it touch my face knowing everything was fresh just for me. Nice, thick bathroom towels.

I didn't go in the pool but the outdoor hot tub was nice and clean, and the pool area was clean and well maintained, pool towel bin was well-stocked.

The restaurant breakfast buffet was tasty with a nice variety of food choices and good coffee.

The complementary shuttle I took to the train station was clean and comfortable, and the driver was friendly and safe.

Even though I was at the Airtel Plaza Hotel over the Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend and the hotel was busy, the staff remained calm and courteous. Overall, truly I had a perfect stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: The floor layout can be a bit confusing, so if navigating a larger building with two separate elevat...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear DJess_11

Thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza for your accommodations on your most recent visit to Van Nuys, and for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience. We pride ourselves on the friendliness of all of our staff members. We are glad that your room exceeded your expectations and that you also enjoyed Landings Restaurant. On your next visit please try our Clipper Cafe and Clipper Club Lounge for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink after a long day. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back.
Mookie2000
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff which made the stay to be quiet nice. It was definitely worth the price they charge for a nightly stay.

Normally i stay at a larger hotel chains but the convention i was going to booked at this hotel and wasn't too sure about what to expect. The first night was in a room that did look really sketchy and did have a mold smell. I asked to move rooms and was moved to a new room in the newer part of the building which had much nicer and more comfortable rooms. From there on it was a really good experience.

I would give it 5 stars if management did 2 things: A) made sure the older rooms were fixed up to deal with the mold smell in the few rooms that still have them (none of my other friends' rooms in that part of the hotel had the same problem, so i think it was specific to my room) and B) put in a room safe in each of the rooms for personal items like laptops etc.

Otherwise, it was a good hotel at a really inexpensive price point with friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you want to move rooms after checking in, don't touch the bed and they can change rooms the s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mookie2000,

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share the details of your most recent experience. I am very glad to hear that the staff and cleanliness of the rooms were remarkable. I was sorry to hear that the first room did not meet your expectations. Feel free to reach out to me via email at sean@airtelplaza.com, so we may rectify the issues you experienced. With respect to not having in room safes available, we do offer safety deposit boxes at guest reception to store your valuables. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Whenever I have long training sessions with the US Census Bureau in Van Nuys, we are booked here. I love it. Great friendly customer service begins the moment I walk up to check in till I check out. Spacious rooms with all the amenities and anything you would ever need, free hi speed internet, plus microwave ovens and small refrigerators on request. I enjoy the outdoor garden with pond and waterfall, the outdoor court with tables and fountain and the shuttle service. After a hard day of training, I came back ready to relax. There was a knock on the door, and it was service with smile offering me 2 freshly baked cookies still warm. I'm still wondering how they knew what my 2 very favorite cookies were!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Camille G.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We were absolutely delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations with the level of customer service provided. It sounds like you really enjoyed the wide array of amenities we offer, from an in room microwave upon request, to our beautiful outdoor courtyard area. We were very glad that you were surprised with the cookie delivery as well. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was taken care of, from check in to check out. Gary at the front desk offered a warm welcome and sincere accommodations-he fulfilled my request to be on the highest floor away from the elevator (for quiet). The girls at the Clipper Café are wonderful and offer tips on life and love while brewing up my favorite coffee drink. I was met by smiles from all of the staff and was able to get a lot of work done from the hotel during my business trip, including sending some faxes and enjoying high speed internet. The renovated gym was great when I needed to unwind.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the runway
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Anne L.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent visit. We will make sure that we share your experience with Gary, as well as the Clipper Cafe staff. Our team members take great pride in providing superior levels of service to our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed for 5 nights on business. Amazing property with all the aviation displays and pictures. All the workers, from front desk to bar and food service were exceptional and friendly. My room was very clean and could not have been better. If you have to stay in this area, there is no better.

Dear Konalizza,

Thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza Hotel on your most recent visit to Van Nuys. We are delighted that you enjoyed the aviation displays throughout the lobby, as well as the service provided by our Guest Reception and Food and Beverage teams. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.