“Business Traveler Hotel”

Ranked #114 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sigonella, Italy
“Business Traveler Hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you don't need to be in the city proper, this place gets the job done. Cheerful and simple, families and business travels alike. Gym and pool aren't much chop, but there if you want them. Yelp the restaurants in the area for a cool south african pub and a flight line restaurant in the area. Rooms with simple clean amenities, as much as can be expected of the price per night. All fine.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the runway; planes stop early enough to not bother you but nice to see private jet...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Yanky_au,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your most recent visit. In addition to our hotel restaurant Landings, Clipper Club Bar, and Clipper Cafe there are also several dining options in the immediate area. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Van Nuys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Centennial, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I visited this hotel with one of my groups who attended a Festival at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The location is ideal. It is close enough to L.A. For touring and to visit Six Flags, the hotel staff was amazing. Super friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Overall we have had a wonderful experience and would certainly recommend this property for groups and individuals.
The hotel is right next door to Van Nuys Airport, while I was worried I came to find out tat the airport noise was ok. They have a no fly zone between around 11 pm and 6 am - so, no big deal.
Thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Urte L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to read that our staff was friendly and accommodating during your visit. Additionally it sounds like the rooms surpassed your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Airtel Plaza soon.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

AirTel hosted our company for a 2-day meeting and they were fantastic. Everything was set up on time and all of the hotel employees gave us 5-star customer service. We ate in the hotel restaurant and every dish (all 14) was superb!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Nicole C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our hotel staff members are consistently focused on exceeding our guest's expectations. Our restaurant Landings also offers an array of culinary delights. I was glad to read that you had an overall enjoyable experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a frequent guest at Airtel Plaza and I would have to say their entire staff but especially the front desk staff and managers there are nothing short of excellent. They are quick to remember you're name, what part of the hotel you prefer and just awesome customer service. 2 who work the front desk that stand out is Adrian and Erika. They should be commended for their excellence in customer service. As mentioned in previous reviews they are attentive, courteous and willing to do a little extra which is why I make this hotel the place to stay when i am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear David R,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer, and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was absolutely delighted to hear that both Adrian and Erika exceeded your expectations. I have already shared your comments with them. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at Airtel Plaza Hotel with a large group of students. They were incredibly accommodating and the staff was so attentive. When we arrived check-in was seamless and the front desk always happy to help. All of our rooms were in the older part of the hotel, but they were still clean and incredibly comfortable. The beds nice and the rooms were large. Even though the hotel is right next to the Van Nuys Airport, not once was I disturbed by the noise or had any complaints from my students. The location worked perfectly for our trip since we were able to visit several universities, restaurants, and go to Six Flags MM.

Overall, great stay and we plan to come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sarah_AACE_UB

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at The Airtel Plaza Hotel. I was pleased to read how accommodating and attentive our guest reception staff was during your visit. Additionally I was also glad that we exceeded your expectations with respect to the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Van Nuys.
Southwest
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was visiting the area because my mother was ill. I stayed at Airtel and it was just great. The staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful and they made my stay very relaxing, which I sorely needed.

The restaurant, although a bit pricey, is very good. There are a couple of cheap takeouts locally, like Beeps, that are a short walking distance, if need be. I think it would be nice to have a microwave and a small fridge for leftovers and drinks in the rooms.

They had a nice bar and the pool spa area was very nice. I loved watching the planes and helicopters take off and land at the Van Nuys airport, while in the spa. I also loved the air/passport themes, fun.

The beds were comfy and the wifi was fast and useful for work. I wish parking was cheaper, at 10 bucks a night - it does add up. But overall I would definitely go back to Airtel and I would recommend it for anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear snorkel_god,

Thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza Hotel, and for taking the time to share your most recent experience. I was very happy to read that the front desk staff ensured your visit was relaxing. As a side note, complimentary parking is available on the street directly in front of the hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel, next to the Van Nuys general aviation airport, is not new, but is comfortable and cost less than others in the area I checked. There is occasional noise from private planes and, on one morning, even military jets, but only during the day as far as I could tell. I heard nothing at night. It was interesting to see the wide range in sizes of non-commerical prop and jet planes. The décor, especially in the bathrooms, and heating/cooling systems, were dated, even in the tower rooms, which are a couple of years newer than those in the "main" building. I did not figure out how to use the old-style room safe, but I'm sure staff would help one.

Parking in a gated lot costs $10. Wi-Fi in rooms is free. Breakfast is not included. No restaurants within walking distance other than the restaurant, coffee/snack stand and bar ("club") in the hotel itself, but you wouldn't likely stay here without a car, anyway.

In the rear parking lot, under a blue tarp, is part of the façade of the "airport terminal" from the famous film "Casablanca." Management saved it from destruction and reportedly hopes to make it into an attraction someday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Tower building are a bit newer, though they are further from the pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Sutter,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable stay. I know that you have many choices when staying in the Los Angeles area, thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.