“Great hotel”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #114 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed here while visiting my stepson in L.A. There simply was not enough room for my family in his little apt. The staff is very helpful. The hotel is in a secured safe place. If you or your kids enjoy airplanes simply go to the pool area and see them land and take off every so often. I think this hotel had the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in any hotel! My only gripe is they charge a $10 a night parking fee, but at least your car is very safe.

Room Tip: The pool and hot tub are very nice. The breakfast buffet too pricey for the quality of food.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear phbolda,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed our very comfortable beds as well as the warm hospitality provided by staff members throughout the hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Airtel Plaza Hotel on your next visit to Van Nuys.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

When I checked in to the hotel there was a problem with my booking but in under 2 minutes the excellent front desk staff (Gary and Gerry) had the issue resolved and had check me in and directed me to my room, The room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet. If you are in Van Nuys there is no better place to stay and no nicer people to greet you.

Room Tip: Talk with the staff they will cheerfully resolve any problems.
1  Thank Rochelle232

Dear Rochelle232,
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Van Nuys. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your room as well as the excellent service provided by Gary and Gerry. I will make sure that I share your comments with them. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff was super! Gary, Edward, Gerry, Rosalyn and the waitress Wendy were the best I have run into in a long time. They bent over backwards to make sure I was taken care of though I had popped in on short notice. Clearly the way service should be. Highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Wally K,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell us about your experience. We value your feedback. Gary, Gerry, Edward, Rosalyn and Wendy will all be elated to hear that they exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Did not know anything about this hotel so we did not what to expect. What a nice surprise it turn out to be. The customer service at the front desk - Gary and Gerry - was welcoming and helpful. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool and spa was a pleasant treat too. We live that the fitness center is open all day long. This hotel is right next to the airport but we did not hear the planes from our room. Very nice stay over all. We will be back for sure.

Dear Mel L,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent experience at the Airtel Plaza Hotel. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed the hospitality provided by Gerry and Gary. They will be very happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! The staff was so courteous and friendly. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a gentleman named Gary who took care of all my needs and gave me a great rate. The room was beautiful! Loved seeing the airplanes take off from my window view. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Dane R,

Thank you for telling us about your most recent experience. I am so glad that Gary provided a memorable experience. He will be delighted to hear that he exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I checked in very late around midnight and we were greeted by Gerry at the front desk. We got superb service at that late hour being attentive to our needs like getting milk for our kids and other provisions for us. He mentioned that the crib, fridge and microwave were already set up. We've had our share of hotels here and there, but we've never had such a pleasant experience from Gerry.
Sandy T.

Dear Sandra T,

Thank you for reviewing the details of your most recent experience with us. I was very glad to read that Gerry added a personal touch to your arrival experience, and exceeded your expectations. He will be very happy to hear what a pleasant visit you had with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I searched this hotel and payed through a third party reservation. Checked in during the week by a monotone front desk agent, whom I didn't bother to get a name from. Didn't feel so welcomed by this gentleman and everything just seemed to go by routine. After doing some of my own exploring, the restaurant/bar were superb. The food was delicious, and the inside of the bar is nice (doesn't compare to the hotel rooms). The hotel room wasn't great, but you get what you pay for. However, I doubt people would complain if they just changed the dinosaur tvs. It makes the room looked more run down than what it really is. I was pleased with night staff as they brought all the necessities to my room in a timely manner and seemed very friendly. I had an even better experience as I was checking out, with a front desk agent by the name of Erika. She was very informative of the hotel and its surrounding location. She was very warm and was concerned with any issues we had involving our stay. Her customer service was great! Where was she when I was checking in?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thelma I,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your most recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant, as well as the warm service provided by Erika at the Guest Reception area. I will follow up on your concerns related to your check-in experience, as all staff members throughout the hotel are focused on providing superior levels of service to our guests. If you would like to discuss any additional details related to your experience please contact me at sean@airtelplaza.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.