“Needs an update”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #108 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by the people at Van Nuys Airport, but it must be based mainly on location. They recommended that we stay in the tower since it was the newer section, but the room had not been updated in quite a while. The fixtures were all leaking and toilet ran all night.

The staff was very nice and helpful, but this hotel needs some upgrades.

Stayed: August 2014
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Justin G,

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Van Nuys. We greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided with respect to your visit. I was very pleased to read that our staff was extremely helpful during your stay. I inspected your room this morning with the help of our Director of Engineering and Executive Housekeeper. We have identified the areas for improvement that you mentioned. Please reach out to me at sean@airtelplaza.com prior to your next visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred, as a direct result of the condition of your room.

There are newer reviews for Airtel Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great service,staff goes extra mile to please,great all you can eat breakfast that was way better than reasturant. Friendly bar,clean pool and jacuzzi. Slept better here than at home. Don't know what kind of beds these are but I'm going to buy one. Beds and bedspreads are clean and so comfortable, slept like a baby. Enjoy,I did.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear P2mcp 1,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience. I was glad to read that the staff surpassed your expectations and that you had a very restful stay on our wonderful beds. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here in 2008 and loved it's location. As we were back in LA decided to stay again. The Airtel has not changed since we last stayed. Minute safety deposit boxes in the reception office, what a joke. At least in 2008 they were in a secure locked room. They are bearly big enough to house a passport and a wallet. No chance with a laptop or iPad. Stayed in the tower where external security was non existent. External doors without locks or access control opening onto a car park. Add this to no room safes and it does not give you confidence when going out. The only pluses for me is the location and the attentive staff.

Room Tip: Away from the airport located behind.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Addicks 10,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share the details of your most recent experience. I am glad that you enjoyed our attentive staff. We absolutely strive to surpass all of our guest's expectations. The location was convenient for you as it is for many of our guests. I am sorry that the location of the safety deposit boxes was not to your liking. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Van Nuys.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sometimes it is not about the look of the hotel. This hotel does not have all the frills of a luxury hotel what it does have is a wonderful, courteous and helpful front desk and that is the human touch that makes it a pleasant place to stay.

Thank you to Gerry and Adrian front desk staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear jay o,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share the details of your experience. I am so glad that Adrian and Gerry provided warm, welcoming service. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here while on a business trip in the San Fernando Valley. I travel a lot for work, and I have never had a check in process be as pleasant as the one I experienced while staying at the Airtel Plaza Hotel. I was assisted by Erika. After a very long flight, it be safe to say I was experiencing a bit of jet lag. Erika was very warm and welcoming to the hotel which made me feel that "feel at home service". She was very attentive, polite and her customer service was by far the best I've experienced while staying at a hotel. This made my stay very pleasant and I will be recommending this hotel to all my business partners. Erika earned the hotel my business for all my trips to the Los Angeles area. Overall the hotel is very nicely modeled, room was comfortable but it would be nice if the TV was updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Manny F,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I was so glad to hear that Erika exceeded your expectations. We place a great deal of emphasis on providing excellent service to all of our guests throughout the hotel. I am very happy that you have decided to give us your business exclusively when you stay in Los Angeles. Please reach out to me prior to your next visit so I can make arrangements to place you in a room with a flat screen television. I can be reached at sean@airtelplaza.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Got this hotel online and we did not know what expect....we're hoping for the best. What a pleasant surprise...the staff Gary,Gerry,William made the check in process a breeze.They're very friendly and accommodating.. Our room was clean and spacious,quite and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this place to friends visiting the LA area. Customer service is superlative...Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Talk with the front desk,they're very accommodating and provides excellent service. They will as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sean_Olivier, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear viny b,

Thank you for taking the time to review the details of your most recent experience with us. I was happy to read that Gary, Gerry and William exceeded your expectations, and had a very positive impact on your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have to commend your employees, Gary and Gerry for an excellent service. Great smiles and very clear instructions and detailed explanation of the hotel's areas. This is our 4th stay to this hotel and the staff never failed us. It's always a great feel when front line staff gives guests that feel home service. Very respectful and accommodating staff. I will always recommend your hotel if friends and families travel in the area.

1  Thank Deo G

Dear Deo G,

Thank you for choosing the Airtel Plaza Hotel on your most recent visit to Van Nuys. I was so glad to hear that both Gary and Gerry exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to let them know, they will be delighted. Thank you again for being such a loyal customer, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.