“LOVED this hotel!!!!!”

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #114 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“LOVED this hotel!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

I wanted to let all of you out there know that this hotel is great. Priceline booked me here so I didn't chose it myself. Afterwards, I read the reviews on this site and I became terrified. I was even prepared to bring my own sheets and pillows cuz I got so freaked out. I don't know where these ppl stayed but I had a great stay. I want to point out that I am THE MOST germ-phobic spaz there is and this place was clean and didn't "creep me out" like most hotels do. Yes, it could stand to have new carpet but who cares?? It was clean and the staff was great. We had a room with 2 queen's and the room was a good size, as well as the bathroom and sink area. The only complaint I have is that the room-service food was ok. Nothing that great but get over it. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO STAY HERE!!

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Melbourne Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2006

VERY close to Van Nuys airport. Planes land/take-off until at least 1 am then start again at approx. 7am. This was not mentioned at all either on website or upon check-in. Rooms were spacious (but outdated) although they were clean and water pressure was good. It was a long walk to our room as well but we were warned about that. Wireless was abit hit and miss with conncetivity. I found the charge to print in the business centre steep ($3 min payment for computer time THEN another .50c per page).
If you need to stay near the airport you cannot get any closer, access to the 405 was good.

• Stayed March 2006
Athens, GR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

Good value - pilots get a deep discount. Convenient location for Van Nuys airport and 405 freeway Also close to bus service to LAX, but surrounding area is dismal. Rooms are clean enough and has free wired and wireless internet. No carts for luggage. Parking is $8 per night. Hotel also has a shop and on site Enterprise car rental. Also dining and a bar. Included breakfast was good and available well past 9 o'clock as posted. Friendly staff. Hotel shows it's age and needs updating.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank Trinnypilot
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2006

Two weeks after my stay, I received my credit card statement which added $4.00 to my bill. I called to question this and was advised the small bottles of water in the room were $2.00 each. I'm a freqeunt traveler and usually more careful then to fall for these "tricks", however they got me. I called the "Front Desk Manager" and she said the fee was attached to each bottle, I should have seen it... end of story...
Welcome to California...

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2005

The hotel was in serious need of cleaning, and the hotel actually requested the guests to reuse towels and bed linens. It was overpriced and not in a very safe area.The $8 per day charge for parking was unbelievable. On the positive side, it is near the Van Nuys airport and there was ample hot water.

• Stayed December 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2005

I was staying at the Airtel Plaza for a convention and was paying about $85 a night!

The room was spacious and clean!
The pool area was clean, nothing special but it was good if you wanted to sunbathe or just take a swim. As is it right beside Van Nuys airport there are jets and private planes taking off ever few minutes but I didn't find it annoying....it would depend if that was something that would bother you.

There is a spa area in a quiet area of the hotel, next to the gym which was nice. There are some nice rockery ponds which I found very relaxing and lovely to look at!

I never ventured very far out of the hotel so I am not sure what there is to do in the surrounding area, I didn't feel it was that safe once it was dark and there were not any eating places about that I saw - I just ordered take away to the hotel - they just brought it straight to my room.

The resturant in the hotel was reasonably priced for the quality food that you got....I had a lovely meal there, thought it was worth the money!
The complimentary breakfast weren't that nice, the food didn't seem to keep hot. There were cereals to choose from and some donuts, croissants and small muffins which filled you up which was all I was looking for and it was free so I didn't expect much more!

The Staff were very helpful and nice at all times, they were there to help with any problems.

Overall this was a nice hotel to stay in, I was very happy. I would say it was the area that let the hotel down the most!

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2005

Our relatives on a tour from France were booked at this hotel for one night. We came from Orange County to meet them there and to take them to Universal City a 20 minute drive away depending on traffic. Our room was large, clean, and equipped with a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, coffee maker, tv, and clock. We booked with travelocity and paid $109. There isn't much in the area at a cheaper rate - I looked!

3 Thank Aztecos