“Love staying here”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #109 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Love staying here. Suites are roomy - bigger than at DoubleTree. And with pullout couch in living room, kids can stay in one room while parents stay in another. They actually have real cribs for young kids - as opposed to Pak N Play - which means parents can wheel kids from one room to another if needed. Only other hotel I've seen with real cribs is Four Seasons. Our kids like seeing the airplanes takeoff and land - and so do I!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank owlcoast
There are newer reviews for Airtel Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2010

I am from small town USA so I was not used to some of the charges that the hotel had. Just to park the car in the lot was charged by the day. My favorite part of the stay was the BED! So comfy:)

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MeganS14
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We have stayed at the Airtel Plaza twice. The first time being September 2008. On returning this year we found the hotel had been upgraded with the addition of a pool & restaurant. Both these added to an already first class hotel. The food and service in the restaurant was first class and along with the hotel can be thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DerbyshireRammie
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I thought I would be disappointed in this hotel because it was not a standard "brand" hotel where I have stayed on other trips to Los Angeles. Boy, was I happy! Everyone from the front office staff who remembered my name every day when I returned to the hotel from meetings to the housekeeping staff who were always on their toes and helpful with anything I would ask them for.

What a pleasure to travel to the Airtel! I will be back again when business brings me to the San Fernando Valley, CA.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank tuitionforkids
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I stayed here during the Thanksgiving weekend. Although we live in Anaheim, we wanted to have a Staycation during the long holiday weekend. We wanted to stay somewhere in Los Angeles where we can be central to everything.

The final decision came down to the Airtel Plaza Hotel. It was the best value and the perfect location for our planned visits to Universal Studios and Magic Mountain. Although there was not much to do within walking distance, the short drive in any direction took you to your destination. One of the fun things we did was to take the new Orange Metro Line to Universal Studios. My kids had never taken the bus before so it was very exciting to them. The bus fare for the entire family was less then what we would have paid for parking. The North Hollywood station took you right to the foot steps of Universal. We took a fun ride up a large hill to get to the park. The best part was that the hotel had a courtesy shuttle to the Metro Orange Line Station. It was one of the most pain free amusement park days ever.

I mentioned the 1st class service on the title. I've stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure and customer service is a major factor in how I write my reviews. The staff at the Airtel Plaza Hotel is one of the best I've encountered in all the years. They treat you like your a guest in their home. Everyone I encountered was friendly and most helpful. If I have to stay in Los Angeles again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Felicia3P
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights while on vacation. We got a great deal on Priceline and our room was very nice. compared to other hotels in the area, the rooms (at least ours) are large and comfy. We chose to stay in this area while doing hollywood vacation stuff and we were glad we did. you just get more value here then the hollywood area hotel we stayed at first. They charge 10 bucks for parking at the Airtel which is less then many hotels but I thought this was silly since they have so much parking avalible. They even rope off sections of the parking lot so you are forced to pay to park in the back - I mean come on! I should however give this hotel thumbs up for free internet! Paid parking aside, this is a great hotel, the other reviews on this site are spot on.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Family_Guy
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Stayed here with a couple of friends for the holidays. It was my first time here and I didn't know the hotel so I asked the front desk agent to help us in choosing a room. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The room was very spacious and had a great view of the courtyard. What I like best was that the vanity was located separate from the shower which was great for us. Overall great customer service and what a deal we got on the rooms. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends