“Kudos!”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #111 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 September 2006

Came in for a wedding reception. From the moment I made my reservations I knew this is the place to stay. Property is very clean and beautiful. The Bell Staff and Front Desk were very friendly, Gary has a great smile!!. Kudos to the entire staff. The banquet facilities were great and food was delicious! I defintely will return.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 1 September 2006

The Airtel Plaza is a great place to stay. Totally convenient to all areas. It's sits next to the Van Nuys airport, where small private jets and planes can be seen landing often. Despite it's location, the airplane noise is minimal on the airport side, and non existent on the opposite side. The rooms are spacious and clean, with large televisions and complete web access.

The food is great, and they've updated their bar Clipper Club (named for the aircraft.) It now has a sleek Asian-esque theme to it. The decor makes me feel like I am in Hong Kong or Singapore, with this awesome rickshaw and palm trees. The low lighting sets a nice atmosphere, and the many places to it allows for great conversation.They make killer drinks, and you never feel like they underpour. They are stocked with top shelf liquors and have a wide array to choose from. The appetizers are tasty and always are fresh. I've never eaten anything there that seems to have sit, an unfortunate experience I've had elsewhere. I love the margaritas and long islands!

The gym has all the things you'd need for a good workout after a meeting or long trip, and the big pool and hot tub are at a comfortable temperature. You can request rooms in different towers. I got their number of the airtelplaza dot com site and called them for such a request.

One of the best attributes I have found at The Airtel Plaza is the friendly, courteous, and accommodating staff. There are too few individuals in the "Service" industry who have any idea what service is. The staff here does, and really bends over backward to help make your stay more pleasurable and comfortable. It will keep me and many others I know coming back.

ps I don't fly but I understand they have free slips/docks for planes - pretty cool.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eireann74
Reviewed 31 August 2006

Stayed at the Airtel in January and really liked it. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The best part for us was the restaurant. Its got a great view of the airport, but the suprise was the menu. The food was high end and didn't break the bank. My wife's favorite part was the bed.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2006

I wanted to let all of you out there know that this hotel is great. Priceline booked me here so I didn't chose it myself. Afterwards, I read the reviews on this site and I became terrified. I was even prepared to bring my own sheets and pillows cuz I got so freaked out. I don't know where these ppl stayed but I had a great stay. I want to point out that I am THE MOST germ-phobic spaz there is and this place was clean and didn't "creep me out" like most hotels do. Yes, it could stand to have new carpet but who cares?? It was clean and the staff was great. We had a room with 2 queen's and the room was a good size, as well as the bathroom and sink area. The only complaint I have is that the room-service food was ok. Nothing that great but get over it. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2006

VERY close to Van Nuys airport. Planes land/take-off until at least 1 am then start again at approx. 7am. This was not mentioned at all either on website or upon check-in. Rooms were spacious (but outdated) although they were clean and water pressure was good. It was a long walk to our room as well but we were warned about that. Wireless was abit hit and miss with conncetivity. I found the charge to print in the business centre steep ($3 min payment for computer time THEN another .50c per page).
If you need to stay near the airport you cannot get any closer, access to the 405 was good.

• Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed 1 May 2006

Good value - pilots get a deep discount. Convenient location for Van Nuys airport and 405 freeway Also close to bus service to LAX, but surrounding area is dismal. Rooms are clean enough and has free wired and wireless internet. No carts for luggage. Parking is $8 per night. Hotel also has a shop and on site Enterprise car rental. Also dining and a bar. Included breakfast was good and available well past 9 o'clock as posted. Friendly staff. Hotel shows it's age and needs updating.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Trinnypilot
A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 23 March 2006

Two weeks after my stay, I received my credit card statement which added $4.00 to my bill. I called to question this and was advised the small bottles of water in the room were $2.00 each. I'm a freqeunt traveler and usually more careful then to fall for these "tricks", however they got me. I called the "Front Desk Manager" and she said the fee was attached to each bottle, I should have seen it... end of story...
Welcome to California...