“Bed bugs and beyond!!!!”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #109 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I was moved 3 times due to bed bugs in my room.. The housekeeping manager pretended that it was an ant but did confirmed by hotel manager that it was bed bugs.. I will never recommend th eproperty to anyone..Also elevator was not functioning all the time. Staff was not trained at all and housekeeping was not helpful with my children. too mny bugs in my bed....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Airtel_Plaza, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

On behalf of the Airtel Plaza Hotel, please allow me to reach out to you regarding your recent stay at our property. First let me start by saying we are extremely sorry for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, this is the first that we are hearing about the issues you had with your stay.
We take every report of bed bugs very seriously. If a guest reports that he or she may have found evidence of a problem in their room, we immediately remove that room from service, along with the two adjacent rooms on either side of it, and the rooms above and below it as well to insure containment. We then have those rooms in question inspected by a nationally known extermination company which takes all necessary steps needed to correct the problem.
If there were any other items that you may have forgotten to mention earlier, please feel free to contact us so we can address them as well. Once again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay, and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and allowing us to correct the situation.

Warm Regards,

Hotel Management

There are newer reviews for Airtel Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2010

This a really good hotel. Their staff was welcoming and cheery from the every moment we were there even til when we checked out. We had requested a double room as we were with our kids and it was a nice surprise to have a room with two queen sized beds (most of where we stayed was double beds, makes it tight). We were there to visit family over Thanksgiving and also do some sightseeing. It was the perfect location as we visited family nearby and then we also went to Universal and Hollywood. We had food leftover for Thanksgiving and though our room did not have a fridge and microwave, when we asked if they had any, the staff was quick to send one up. This was a nice upgrade from a Best Western type hotel where we typically stay at and definitely safer as we were able to park our car in a secured parking lot near our room. We will definitely come back to this unique boutique hotel when we visit our family. Thank you for the free internet - made the kids happy.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I love this hotel and is a great place to stay. Despite its location, its actually pretty quiet whether on airport side or street side. Rooms are really spacious and very clean. One of the best qualities of the hotel is the over the top friendly staff who are courteous and very accomodating. I travel quite a bit for business and many hotels and the staff here bends over backwards to make your stay very comfortable. Their bar is absolutely warm and was a perfect place for our teams to debrief after our meeting, as you can actually hear yourself talk. Decor is tropical and tastefully done. We actually ate all our meals there during our stay! The lounge is set up so there are little pockets you can dive into. We also enjoyed dining at their outdoor patio and watched the planes take off and land. With their excellent staff and food I know it will keep me and the team that I traveled here with coming back.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel the night before I was to give a talk in the conference center. I booked my room through a travelocity/hotels.com/expedia type website ($107/night versus $123/night by booking directly). Besides the fact that the staff was unfriendly, they could not find my reservation in the system and asked me to sit down and wait (for what, I dont know). After it was all resolved, I discovered that although we are far from any major attractions or municipal centers, its an additional $10 for parking.
Once I got to my room, I discovered stained carpeting, water damaged ceilings and a terrible shower spray. The bed was comfortable with good linens/pillows. This place is dated and gives me the sense that it was really something back in the day but hasnt been maintained well.
At the conference center, they wanted to charge an additional $25 to use the projection screen and $10 for an extension cord. These things are typically included when you rent a conference room. When we complained, they were unapologetic and borderline rude indicating that they incur "liability" for guests to use these items. They even went so far as to check to see if we were using the screen when we told them that we would rather project onto the wall than pay the $25 to use their screen.
Ive stayed many places and have been to many conferences, as for this particular place, I will not be back.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I have no idea why this hotel has three stars. It's pretty terrible. The decor, furniture, and electronics are extremely outdated. The fixtures are yellowed with age and the place smells of industrial cleaners admixed with mold. I fell sorry for this place. It looks like a holdover from glory days long past. It should definitely not keep it's 3 star rating. It needs a multimillion dollar overhaul. Customer service decent. Sketchy surroundings. I'd rather stay at a newly remodeled Motel 6....seriously.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

arrived on 6.10.10 for 2 nights as part of a coach trip around California.hotel was lovely,rooms very spacious and clean and area really good too(didnt hear much plane noise considering its right next to an airport and runway,slept like a log both nights)
the only downfall was that if you dont have transport its quite a way into Los Angeles(not walking distance)and not much in way of shops,bars etc around hotel area.
really friendly staff,very helpful if you have any queries.
we would stay in this hotel again provided we had a car and wouldnt have to rely on taxi's.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed in this hotel as part of a tour and was surprised to find an airport right behind it because on coach tours you have to get up early and need decent sleep. However, this wasn't a problem at all and we were not disturbed by aircraft noise. Our group was served champagne and punch on arrival.
The rooms are lovely and very comfortable; only one odd thing - no electricity for hairdryer or coffee maker on one morning, but the lights worked fine.
The staff were very friendly and also extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010