“Excellent on the service provided.”

Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys
Ranked #149 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Castaic, California
“Excellent on the service provided.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great location, excellent staff and service, definitely will use this hotel again, recommended if you prefer a great vacation.
Thank you to all that made our stay memorable.
Breakfast was clean and the breakfast lady was always with a big smile.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank GreatTravel1
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
It was a pleasure to be of a service to such a wonderful guest like you, and hope to see you again.

Thank you so much for a great review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We love the accommodations and breakfast. It was so nice that they could give us kosher food. We also really like John, the owner of the hotel. The only problem we had was not being able to go swimming in the pool because it was out of order. Otherwise, it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lindaschwartz
We all will wait for your come back. Greatly appreciate the good comments.

Thank you so much.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice within the last 60 days. After the first experience I thought they were just having a bad few days, until this time. The first visit was 4 days. This pre-paid stay by my business was 5 days. The staff's persona seemed to have a not to care attitude. Pillows terrible. Breakfast presentation was less than acceptable; ie, cold processed ham sandwich meat folded in half for the breakfast meat on multiple days, pancake machine didn't function properly, cereal labeled incorrectly, the layout/flow and presentation was unlike any other HIE I have stayed. Finally, the coffe in the urns was luke warm to cold on more than one occasion.

At $154 per night the price for the value was way overpriced. Only stayed the whole time because of prepayment and proximity to the business I was conducting.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInn V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
The whole staff and management would like to extend our apologies for your inconvenience. We all are striving to deliver a great service that our guests would love us, unfortunately we missed on your expectations, and would like to be able to correct them by hoping to be able to be of a service to you the next time.

Thank you for your comments and appreciate your time.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Overall, my stay was more than satisfactory.

However, I am confused as to why you have a "green" policy as it wasn't followed during my stay. I not only hung up my used towels/bath mat, but I made my bed. I also left a note for housekeeping stating that I needed no change of towels or bedding during my 4 day stay (and stated the date I was checking out).

But they kept on changing/washing!?!?!?

I support your "green" policy ... let's use it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Catherine H
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and great review.

Appreciate your time.
Culver City, California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel was great to stay in, the area is not the greatest, but it is surrounded by car dealerships which is not that bad as others mentioned. The hotel just got remodeled and the rooms are nice! Check in was fast and Ali was very helpful! Was there for one night, but will definitely stay here again! The rooms are quiet and with clean sheets. This hotel is your best option compared to the other horrible hotels around! Parking and breakfast is free!

Room Tip: Request room away from the 405. Did not stay on the 405 side, but ill recommend you to
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInn V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you so much for spreading the good news. We all greatly appreciate your kind respond, and hopefully you'll stay with us again.
California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel wasn't bad overall but there was a plastic sheet underneath the bottom sheet on the bed. Did they think I was a bed wetter? I've never been to a hotel that had a plastic sheet. It was uncomfortable to sleep on. A pretty dicey neighborhood, homeless people wandering around. But the hotel itself did seem safe. I picked it because it was close to where I was working but I'm not sure I'll stay there again. The staff was very nice, no complaints there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
The entire staff and management would like to extend our apologies if you thought that way. We didn't mean anything, those are brand new pillow-top bed. And we are all hoping that we would be given a chance to meet with you and stay with us again. Please accept our apologies.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

I was stuck in traffic and needed to get the heck out of it. And there it was, a holiday inn express. Great service at the desk. 5th floor room. Pretty sweet view. The room was big. But skinny. Restroom was a tad cramped. I can see why a lady would be a bit cramped doing make up and all. Overall. A good stay. Will be back my next time in.

• Stayed February 2013
The whole staff and management were so happy to receive such wonderful respond from our guests especially the one you left for this property. Thank you very much, and hope to be of service to you again.