“Disgusting Pee Smelling Prostitute Place!”
Review of Motel 6 Van Nuys

Motel 6 Van Nuys
Ranked #276 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Disgusting Pee Smelling Prostitute Place!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Myself Husband and Children drove from Vegas kid's were extremely tired we were in need of a room...I was looking for rooms on the internet I called one of the numbers to find a room so we booked it with Motel 6 when we got there they said they had nothing so I called the hotel finder back than the guy at the front desk says I'm sorry all we have is 1room left but it's smoking I said ok that's fine I just need to put my kids to sleep its late he said ok it's going to smell a little like smoke though so I said that's ok because we were leaving in the am! So finally we get the room keys after waiting an hour we get into the dirty nasty elevator OH LET ME REMIND YOU ABOUT THE NASTY PROSTITUTES WALKING THROUGH THE HALLS! We open the door to the room and smell of PEE is so overwhelming I called the front desk and this idiot tells me I'm sorry there's nothing I can do right now we have no other rooms we didn't even pull back the blankets to sleep gunshots kept going off We woke up early and left around 630 am, overall this place is worse then DISGUSTING and needs to be close down!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Sashas2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This was the worse experience of my life!! The hotel it self was disgusting with diarrhea stains on the rugs, the obvious prostitution and drug ring, and the disgusting furniture in the room!! The chair in the room, which I used to wedge the door shut was covered in various bodily fluids!! Never again will I stay at a motel 6!! I don't want to even rate this with a star but this requires a star to submit the review.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Melissa R

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Knebworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I ended up staying here in desperation after a long afternoon of driving and needing to find somewhere to stay in LA before a cruise out of San Pedro the following day. What a mistake!

Initial thoughts were that the place seemed quite unsafe. There were security guards casing the car park, but that didn't seem to deter some shady-looking types from hanging around. There were guys parked up in the car park; not sure what they were doing but they looked very suspicious.

Our room, in a word, was dirty! There were hairs on the bed sheets and pillow cases. The room didn't smell clean at all. We were kept awake half the night by someone's dog barking outside our room, cars coming and going and a security guard constantly on his walkie talkie.

I would never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jane P
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Bayou Vista
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Seriously, this place was expensive as Motel 6 goes, but even if it were free I wouldn't stay again.
I had a two night stay, and upon check in I asked the man at the desk if this was a safe place and he said, " don't go outside. People get beat up. If you stay inside you should be safe." After a long flight and hassling a rental car and battling the 405, I didn't have an ounce of energy to try to find another hotel exactly where I needed it that didn't cost 200 per night. The elevators were full of smoke from smoking guests, very dirty. No pillow cases on the pillows, and when I called the front desk for help...the phone was dead. It was actually broken. Had to go back to the desk to get some. NONE OF THE OUTLETS WORKED. So charging my cell phone and tablet were impossible unless I unplugged the TV, So no clock, no lights, it was a joke.
Very loud at night. Very loud during the day. It was a nightmare. Will never stay again.

Room Tip: Do not book here whatever you do.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank nellee64
Idyllwild, California
Reviewed 3 August 2013

What a nightmare! I should have read reviews before staying here!! 1. The non-smoking room obviously had at one time smokers in it. 2. Helicopters were circling. 3. It is in the flight path of Burbank Airport. 4. Sirens all night. 5. Bullet proof glass at the front desk. I would have slept in the car except I would have been very afraid for my safety. Only one word to sum up this stay: DON'T STAY HERE! (Oh, that's three words. Oops!)

Room Tip: Don't. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PCfan
Washougal, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Motel 6, Van Nuys, CA
1. Creepy guy just outside office tried to sell us things he admittedly found in a dumpster. I actually reached for my pepper spray.
2. Toilet wouldn't flush unless we removed the tank lid and literally lifted the mechanism.
3. Refrigerator flooded us when we opened the door. We had to bail out water and clean it. When we plugged it in, it did work, but had no shelves. Reported to manager and was told nothing could be done about it now, but he "would leave a note for them in the morning."
4. Bits of debris all over carpet, definitely not vacuumed. Bath tub had an unsightly layer of water deposit and soap scum...last scrubbed when????

We have stayed at many Motel 6's, most of which were OK to excellent, but this was definitely the absolute worst. Upon leaving,we advised the day person about the toilet, etc. and he just said, "OK."
This was definitely the worst. We will never be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank KizzysMom
Jessie L, Owner at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry your experience with us did not meet your expectation. We are looking into the issues and are taking proper steps to ensure they are fixed.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The room was very stuffy and smelt like it had recently been fumigated. Decor was cheap and nasty. The room might have been clean but I didn't want to touch any of the surfaces. The number of security staff on site suggested that this is not a safe neighbourhood. This was one of the more expensive places and definitely the worst (by some margin) in seven weeks away.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank GibletsUK
Jessie L, Owner at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectation. We try to ensure the best kept rooms we can and are working to maintain quality standards for our guests to experience.