“Great Location, Value and Experience!”

Venice Beach Suites & Hotel
Ranked #96 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We were spending the last night of our honeymoon at Venice Beach and was not getting to the hotel till 9:30pm. Instructions to get from LAX to the hotel got our Taxi driver confused but we eventually found the place - Instructions on how to get into the building and your room was great - very easy! Room was very clean but small but we chose this place purely for the bed as we were spending the entire day in Santa Monica the following morning and flew back home that night!
There are a few residents in the building and the rest is accomodation - we met the maintence man when we arrived (9:30pm and he was banging and sawing equipment at 11:30pm :( ).
We were able to leave our bags at the front desk all day and the bathroom if we didnt want to use public toilets. Great Location right in the smack of EVERYTHING... muscle beach, paddle tennis, Pier, Santa Monica, Awesome bike hire everywhere with fantastic bikes to hire for the day $20. Everything you need for a short stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2012

A bit hard to spot at first when trying to drive to it, but it was very clean, employees were great , a special thanks to Jasper, who was a tremendous help when there was a mixup with our scheduled tour. quaint, a true part of the atmosphere there, I would stay again, but rooms are very small. Beds could use improving.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ladonnaw
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was dreading LA. Skipping through LAX on the way out of paradise (Bali) into the Andes, I had the choice to either grit my teeth and stagger around the airport with a large blonde java chip frappucino to add a further 20 hours to my already horrendous 27-hour journey, or venture into Los Angeles to see the damage.
I chose Option B, after seeing Shiva Rea was teaching that weekend at Exhale, and getting myself an appointment on Rodeo Drive to interview the worlds best cosmetic surgeon, so found a home at Venice Beach Suites for a week so I could perv on the muscley guys from famous Muscle Beach and maybe see a dolphin.
It turned out to be the perfect spot - great, sunny room, sweet little kitchen, charming Jasper at check-in, ready to meet my every whim, and charm me with his gorgeousness after a long day puffing about at Exhale.
The best thing about this place is that it opens right into the heart of the Venice Beach strip, affording a wonderful chance to see this fascinating sub-culture of American eccentricity in action either street-side, or from the upstairs balcony.
You can see the weirdness and the beauty of the American idea in full bloom from here: a kind of kaleidescopic view of the fractal interior of the nation - from its middle class power walkers and cyclists, to its street-living poets, drum shamans and lost boys.
I prefer Venice over Hollywood for creativity, expression, diversity, passion, humanity and courage: by far my best day in America was hanging out with Ocean, who sells incense across from the hotel and is in need of a shower and some love and a new good idea, and Abraham, an elder of the street community, who knows how to drum up the cosmic honey.
The seagulls are surprisingly huge!
Best coffee: Groundworks, just around the corner, to the right.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Jade R
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I had an overall brilliant experience here at Venice Beach Suites and Hotel. I arrived early in the morning and had to wait for them to open up, though they had a room ready to go so I could get a (very) early check-in! The view from my room was wonderful, a side ocean view from the 3rd floor. Yes, the elevator would be terrifying for those who dont like elevators haha, but it works and there is a staircase! Though my room could've done with a good spring clean, it was tidy and the staff were super helpful. They even looked after my bags after I checked out, for the whole day while I went shopping and for that I am truly grateful. This place is right in the thick of Venice Beach and definitely worth a go if you're looking to add some culture to your trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Iheartmauao
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Venice Beach was not what I expected it to be, although interesting nonetheless. The hotel was right on the boardwalk, maybe too accessible to the locals! The rooms all had a kitchenette with appliances included, for those traveling with families who like to cook. It wasn't an extravagant place, but perfect location for budget-minded individuals.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Sung W
Reviewed 10 March 2012

the room was clean. the locations was prime. And for such a crazy area the hotel was quiet. Mat and Andy were a great resource of information. We felt very welcomed and after a couple of days it felt like home. I can't really think of anything bad or in need of improvement other than I wished the kitchen had a spatula
There is one caveat: Venice Beach can be very crazy: If you're uncomfortable around the homeless and the odd nutter it's best to avoid the area.

Room Tip: room away from the boardwalk
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Doug F
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I make frequent trips to LA usually a layover on my way to Santa Barbara for meetings. Most of the time stay aorund LAX at one of those big chain hotels and they are all fine. However this time around I wanted to stay at somewhere different and near the beach. Santa Monica was the first choice but hotels there are very costly so I decided for Venice beach.

The best thing about the hotel is the location. It is right on the beach front and major attractions at Venice. It is also close to Santa Monica.

I chose the half seaview studio and it was ok. It had everything and the small kitchenette and utensils provide is a nice touch. The bath room is on the small side and bath amenities are basic, So best bring your own. The room was clean and bright. I had some problems with
the TV though. I did not seem to get it to work.

There is no car park at the hotel so you will need to park at the open car parks near by. There are a few and the charge around 20 dollars for overnight parking.

A good option is you want to experience Venice Beach stay and something different. For me the room rate is on a high side for what you are getting,

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Venice Breeze Suites
Venice Breeze Suites
#8 of 97 in Los Angeles

Been to Venice Beach Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!