“Great location, friendly staff”

Venice Beach Suites & Hotel
Ranked #94 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We arrived at Venice Beach at 8am in the morning after a long flight from Australia. When the hotel opened at 9am they found us a room straight away rather than having to wait until the afternoon check in time which I was greatly appreciative of - I needed sleep and didn't really want to join the "bums" out on the street, which seemed to be everywhere.. Once Venice beach comes alive around mid-morning it doesn't feel scary anymore though. The room we had was clean and had everything we needed. Sound proofing isn't the greatest but this is Venice beach and it isn't a quite place!

Room Tip: I didn't pick a ocean view room but I don't think it's needed- you won't spend that...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Manager at Venice Beach Suites & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for having stayed with us this past summer! You had some great points here, especially for those guests who arrive at our hotel early... even if we can't get you into your room right away, we're happy to let you keep your luggage in the office and freshen up in the office restroom before setting out to explore our beach-front environs. And then we'll call or SMS when your room is ready! Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Venice Beach Suites & Hotel

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We arrived for our 2 night stay and were greeted at check in by a lovely guy at check in,he was sincere and friendly which made us instantly comfortable. Venice Beach can look a bit seedy but it has that vibe of " something special about this place ". We parked at the paid parking just 20 meters away. The building is 100 years old and the lift looks like it ha ha it was part of the wonderful experience that was Venice Beach and staying at Venice Beach Suites.
We stayed in a Queen Studio with Ocean Views and it was very cosy but small but we weren't in the room much at all,the view was lovely and it did only have a fan but was such a beautiful breeze that it was ok. I would of loved a verandah as the location was the best.
We were pleasantly surprised at how much we loved our stay at Venice Beach Suites and Hotel, i wish we had longer.
I definateley recommend this place and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean View is worth the bit extra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review and for posting all those wonderful photos, which really show the "feel" of the Venice Beach Boardwalk. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during our holiday to LA.
Really cannot fault the location, right on Venice Beach, across the sea...great views.
The apartment itself was very cosy, and immaculately clean. There is also free parking a couple of blocks away, which in this area, is a real bonus.
The apartment manager is on site, and really helpful.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank nisaq

Thanks for visiting us here in L.A., all the way from the U.K.! Cheers! Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a night after being in Orange County for four days. Our taxi driver said as he dropped us off, be careful! Any place in the world I believe you need to be careful perhaps some more than others. However Venice Beach is an experience that is well worth it. Turn right out of the hotel and you walk to Santa Monica along the board walk, turn left out of the hotel and you end up at the Venice Canals, great food shops and houses to look at. Two blocks behind Venice beach is gorgeous shopping very arty and urban with great food places, clothing etc..I loved it. Venice is full of life, different people, arts, skateboarders, runners, surfers. Its a real mixture of life. Matt and his staff were more than helpful, the rooms although old are very clean. But remember this is a 100 year old building. Venice Beach is cheaper than Santa Monica but only a 5 min taxi ride away, so you can enjoy the best of both. I would definitely come back here for a week next time and really soak up the environment. Thanks Matt!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank RachelTweeds

And thank you, my dear! I say to folks on the phone that Santa Monica is the prep-school student and Venice is the art-school drop-out; both share the same beach but they are distinctly different in flavor. I'm glad you stayed with us and yet sampled both!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My boyfriend and I loved this hotel! As soon as we walked into our room we were like "can we just live here?" If you want to really experience Venice Beach this is the hotel for you! The room was cozy, clean and perfect for the two of us. Arriving at this hotel we regretted staying the first night of our trip in LA as this hotel was so much better. I can't wait for the day we get to go back to Venice and stay in this great charm of a building.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be the best room! However we were on the top floor in the far left corner. We could...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind words! You spoke of wanting to live here... well, you wouldn't be the first guest that stayed here that ended up moving to Venice; a unique neighborhood to say the least! Remember to call or email us direct to get your 10% repeat guest discount!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed 5 nights here and loved it!
The location is fantastic, literally right on Venice Beach, close to everything.
It was good value compared to a lot of other hotels in the area and had a small kitchenette which meant that would could go to the local farmers markets and self cater, this allowed us to kept costs to a minimum and meant we could sample the local produce.
Only negatives were that one night we ran out of hot water and courtesy of the local "doctors" selling medicinal marijuana sometimes the entire area had the distinctive scent - but hey it's part of the local atmosphere, if you are after a posh boutique feel then Venice probably isn't for you, stay in Santa Monica instead.
The staff were really friendly and very helpful, if we were to go back we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Manager at Venice Beach Suites & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Well said, friend from New Zealand! Thanks for staying with us!

And I particular appreciate your mention of our en-suite mini-kitchens and plethora of local farmer's markets; a great way to save $ while you're on holiday AND sample the wonderful produce grown throughout our Golden State!

Cheers!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have to admit I was in two minds about this place before we arrived. My husband wanted to stay somewhere on Venice beach but I was a bit unsure - how wrong was I!!!!!
Firstly the staff just great, Matt (manager) was so helpful right from helping us get our bags out of the car to where to go, what to see.Thanks Matt we really enjoyed talking to you.
Secondly the room was fab, great size, everything there you need to be self sufficient and spotlessly clean.
Thirdly the view, we had a large window which looked straight out onto the beach. It was just brilliant looking out and watching life go on out there.
And finally location, what can I say, it was all happening literally on your doorstep.
Some very good eating places, all sorts of shops, people selling all sorts of things on the prom,music left, right and centre and some very odd behaviour at times (not threatening).
Depends what you're after I suppose, yes there are quite a lot of homeless people sleeping on the beach at night but that's just the way it is and if you don't bother them they don't bother you.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the romm.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliveGloucester

A review like this is one of (the many) reasons why I love my job!

Managing a hotel in Venice Beach can be tricky... this neighborhood is not for the faint of heart and some visitors are skeptical. However, our staff takes great pride in helping guests - many from international destinations like my dear Olive from Gloucester - acclimate to and hopefully grow to appreciate our little slice of where the city meets the sea.

I very much enjoyed talking with you, too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Kinney
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey

Been to Venice Beach Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!