“Nice motel”

Azul Inn West Los Angeles
Ranked #164 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at azul inn with a group of friends for our visit in LA. It has a convenient location if you have a car, the parking area is free and we always had a place everynight. It has a small pool which can be used for sunbathing but we didnt used it.
The rooms are really nicely decorated, we have stayed at the two queen bed room and it was quite spacey. Bathroom is also new and nice although a bit small. There were no bedbugs as mentioned like the other travellers. Thanks that I didnt read the comments about the bedbugs before we went.
For the breakfast, there wasnt much choise, but it was the best in our entire trip. There was coffee, decaf, variety of tea choises, orange and apple juices, corn flakes, bagels, cinnamon rolls, muffins, cream cheese, jam, apple and banana.
People were nice and helpful.
Price is a bit high for this kind of motel, it was $131, for two double bedroom. But it was nice and clean and at a good location for traveling around LA.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2012

. We arrived to this motel and the first thingisaw was the beautiful blue colour. I loved the look outside of he motel and i thought it was quite cozy. We checked in but i saw there was no elevator so we had to carry all of our 3 heacy bags up to the second floor. It was a pain but hey, what can you do about it. I walked in the room and thought. Oh not too bad. There was free wifi so i went straight online and searched for some reviewes of this place. And i saw some priblems with bedbugs. I was mortified. So i searched the who,e room and he wholebed again and again. I had a very hard tine sleeping the first night and i slept in a longr sleeved shirst and oans. And i wore socks and gloves and a scarf. Yes i all was that mortified. I slept in full gear for all 3 nights. And thank god i did not get bitten. The breakfeast was okay. All of the eats where always taken before we got downstairs so we had to eat standing up. This place was fairly clean, no big pumbing problems, and the staff was okay. Overall this motel provided the basi needs. A bed. We where out most of the time so the only thing we needed was to ge sime rest. The noise...... It was not so bad. I see it more like a alarm clock. I would usually hear it at about 7 or 8. And ofcourse the free parking was awesome. We always had a space. Nice room nice food and nice motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel is a hidden gem. From the outside it looks gray and ordinary, resembles apartments. Beyond the door, awaits beautifully remodeled interior, big fluffy bed, large screen tv, and simple comfort. Bathroom small but slightly larger than the European, more counter space. The desk staff is friendly helpful. Parking is free, but space is limited. The desk person will allow you to park in front and they will move the car when space is available. I would have given five stars,but I had issues with slightly noisy refrigerator, also they forgot my wake up call. Continental breakfast is nice, three cereal choices, bagels/croissants, selection of teas and coffee, although cups should be larger. Overall great experience, will come again!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Angie R
Jeff S, General Manager at Azul Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Angie,
Thank you for your thoughtful and honest review. I am glad that once again we were able to provide you with a great stay. We are constantly striving to maintain and improve our offerings and services, like the addition of our new pancake machine. We really appreciate the return patronage that you keep providing, we look forward to seeing you again real soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Azul Inn twice during our visit to Los Angeles as it was close to the activities we had planned. The first stay we were right on the santa Monica blvd side and it was so loud all throughout the day and night, which made it next to impossible to sleep!!
The price was pretty steep for what you get, I would expect a motel like this to charge around $100 a night, as the noise is really loud from the road, and the walls are pretty thin... We could hear the room next door talking.
The second stay we were out the back of the motel and it was better noise wise at night time, until 6am in the morning when the diggers behind the motel at a construction site started up and did not stop until later on...
The front desk staff were helpful when we asked questions, as we are from NZ we did not know where anything was, and we were here over 4th of July, so they gave us some suggestions on where to go, and were always helpful with where to eat and ordering taxis...
Would stay again as we know the area now, but would hope that the price drops a bit...

Room Tip: Get a room away from Santa Monica blvd, out the back is best!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AKHtravellers
Reviewed 3 July 2012

OK ! I first booked a Kimpton hotel few blocks away from this hotel and then changed it !Anyway, I am not comparing this one to a Kimpton hotel, but overall it was a good stay.
The room is clean and updated. The free parking is a HUGE plus, cause we had two cars. The location is great. Can't be better for me.
I just grabbed a cup of tea from the breakfast bar, but it was usual breakfast. It is interesting that somebody said he skipped it because it wasn't organic !! I am not sure even Ritz-Carlton offers organic food for free !
The lobby is not as clean as the room and has a strange smell. Also the front-desk had problem with communication.
If you want to be in the area and don't want to spend a lot of money book this motel. It is not disappointing at all !

Room Tip: Hotels at the back of the hotel should be more quiet !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great location in the heart of Westwood, close to everything, yet not too close to the crowd. A nice little motel, the decor is quite tastefully done and could easily pass for some 3.5 star chains I stayed. HD flat panel TV, Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, though not really usable. They do give out WiFi password generously, but the connection is so bad that I only checked email once and then gave up completely. We also spent our last night without hot water, so no shower. The linen also feels thin and cheap. Overall, decent stay for the price (booked it during a promotion for $90/night), but not the $129 standard rate as posted on their website.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones facing Santa Monica blvd due to the noise, but they do have a nice view of the Mormon...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NewToIowa
Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Decent Experience. Seemed newly renovated, my room was clean, good shower, good sized flat screen TV and a nice soft bed. The internet connection was weak but I've rarely stayed in any hotel that has a good internet connection.
My only major complain, which is always a problem in most hotels unless you find the perfect room is the noise level. I had a ground floor room next to the street, not only was a subjected to all the car traffic noise but also the foot steps and door slamming of my neighbors above. If you are a light sleeper, I strongly suggest requesting a 2nd floor room away from the street.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo