Azul Inn West Los Angeles
US$334
US$325
US$273
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$304
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$412
US$307
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
US$335
US$309
US$592
US$452
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$695
US$565
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$469
US$411
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmormon templefree parkingbus to santa monicadirectly across the streetfree breakfastreasonable rateseasy accessnoisy at nightyogurtcomfortable bedbudget hotelup to datewestwooduclaldsconsulatecentury
Reviewed 14 February 2014

However, the room had a very wet carpet in front of the heater. The bathroom was very small an only a shower, no tub and it was very tight in the rest of the room. The room itself was nice, large and clean. Breakfast was at 7 am the next morning and was nice with the bagels and cream cheese. They also have a pancake maker but didn't try it. The room we had was in front and you could hear a lot of traffic. Cost was high to what I normally pay for a two star hotel, but due to location it was less then others in the area. Bed was a little hard, but not bad.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room far from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mustangangi
Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

my room was spacious enough, very clean. great internal design, very comfortable pillows (I never knew they could be to cozy), the room was fully equipped.
the location was good, near public transportation (buses), at a safe neighberhood.
there were staff at reception 24 hours which was very helpful.
the price was high (129$) to my opinion.
it was very nice place to stay, the only downside for me was the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ranitlug

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Needed a hotel close to the Mormon Temple in Los Angeles. This is directly across the street and easy to find from the freeway. Even though it is an older property, the interior renovation is very well done. Ample continental breakfast (I didn't try the pancake machine, but it might be fun!). Even though I was alone, I felt secure here, and was able to park my car just steps away from my room. A lot if interesting restaurants within easy driving distance. Had a much better stay here than at a Marriott Courtyard the next night.

Room Tip: This is a very small older property. Not many room choices. Don't be deterred by the exterior, the rooms are very nice inside.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Paula G

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We needed a place between LAX & the French consulate for a late night flight and early morning appointment. This place fit the bill exactly. It was clean & quiet (our window did face the back, rather than Santa Monica Blvd), the room was updated & spotless, and there was a pleasant continental breakfast in the morning. It surely saved us from horrific morning freeway traffic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LIM879

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Horrific experience. We reached at around 4:30 PM (check in time 3:00 PM) only to understand that our rooms were not ready. The manager (most pathetic I have ever seen), didn't even share this with us. We stand in front of the room to get another hostile treatment from the janitor.
The manager told my wife that I was lying (Screw him).
I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank StaticMind2013
Jeff S, General Manager at Azul Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I have read your review and have launched an investigation into your situation. Trust me that this is not the norm in how your check-in was handled. We do have procedures in place to make check-ins seamless, quick and efficient. I am sorry you had encountered what you state, and I will be looking into ALL aspects of it to see that something like this does not repeat itself. I pride myself on having well qualified and capable guest service team members, who normally are very capable of handling most situations, If indeed I feel that appropriate additional training needs to be implemented then that is what we will do to ensure that situations such as yours do not happen again. Once more, I apologize on behalf of Management and staff that you had to endure such a hardship upon check-in.