“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #175 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Clean ad tidy. Breakfast buffet is not bad. Rooms are quite big, airconditioned. Bus stops near around the inn, 1blue and 4 red line. Crew is nice and helpful. Downtown is just few means far from. ……………………………………………………………………… ..

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hajnalka Eszter N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Pros: Clean room, good location, decent breakfast, friendly staff.

Cons: Staff were a little loud talking and laughing in the morning during their cleaning of adjacent rooms. Price was a little high for an inn.

I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

2 Thank Nana B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay. For a reasonable price, we got a great room in a central area. The breakfast was good although carb heavy. The room was ok size, clean, updated but a bit noisy. We could hear traffic and the neighbors...

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USAsvenskan
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was the second time we stayed here. My boyfriend had surgery at the VA in West L.A., and the VA offers vouchers for people who live further than 50 miles.

The room was clean, and the staff was very accomodating. Our room had a king bed, it was comfortable. The back of the room looked out into a parking area and an apartment complex. If we opened the windows it got a bit loud -- especially the day the trash truck came! Otherwise, the location is perfect for people visiting Los Angeles -- it's between Century City/Beverly Hills to the east and Santa Monica to the west. To the north you have UCLA and Westwood Village. The very beautiful Mormon Temple is directly across the street.

The breakfast bar gets a big crowded -- because everything offered is in a small, crowded space. However, the fruit was fresh, they offer bagels and pancakes. The coffee was good. By the way, I may have left my coffee mug there -- I'm wondering if mgmnt found it? It doesn't really matter -- I've already bought a new one!

Anyway, for anyone visiting L.A. on a budget, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank camamare
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very pleasantly surprised here! All of the rooms appear to have been recently renovated, so on the inside, it looked very new and very clean. I had a queen bed room, space was a bit tight. I saw a king bed room, and it looked about 20% bigger, where there was a little room to walk around inside the room. The bathroom was very compact, but all brand new, and all sparkling clean. Nice amenities provided. Really great water pressure in the shower. There was a small refrigerator, and nice coffee setup, and a nice big flat screen t.v. with lots of cable channels including HBO.

I didn't hear any noise from my neighbors, but I suspect that the insulation is not the best possible, and I did hear people walking around upstairs on the 2nd floor. Most of that is drowned out by the air conditioning unit, which is on the loud side. The bed was reasonably comfortable, but the linens and towels were not the best possible quality/thickness.

There was a nice clean small pool, a few vending machines, and a nice breakfast offered in the lobby, included in the room rate. I suspect there isn't too much extra parking, so if you arrive a night you might have a problem, but the lobby told me they would tell me where to find it. There is no convenience store in the immediate area, about a 15 minute walk away I think, to Westwood Boulevard where there are gas stations. The location is very safe, so despite the rooms being open to the street, it's as safe an area as you will find in Los Angeles.

The manager told me they are full every night, and I suspect that is true, compared to prices of other hotels nearby, which can easily be twice the price. I love that the parking is free, which saves a lot of money.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are likely a little quieter, but some rooms facing the boulevard are likely noisy...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pattayainsider
Gunnison, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was a Travel Lodge & the rooms were REALLY OLD, OUTDATED, & rather DUMPY. WHAT A GREAT CHANGE!!! This hotel is now a super deal! They have done a remarkable job when they remodeled this hotel!! New beds, bedcovers, & carpet. CLEAN! The room I stayed in was EXTRA clean, nice new remodeled bath with granite sink, flat screen T.V., coffee maker, and working small fridge! White clean towels were changed everyday & the bed was soooo comfortable with many pillows. The room had a great safe located in the closet with an easy combination system for keeping jewelry, camera, or any valuables!! That was such a nice touch - usually seen in more expensive hotels! I had asked for & got a room facing the back & heard no noise. With an air conditioner running, I'm not certain any noise would be heard in ANY room. This hotel allows you to park FREE, not like others near by that charge guests to park their vehicles. The location is walking distance from a choice of many different restaurants & near bus stops. The beautiful Mormon Church is right across the street ( Santa Monica Blvd.) The area of Westwood is extremely safe with many people walking the streets, many baby carriages, & people jogging. There is a nice pool ( weather too cold to try it in early March ! ) & they will give you extra towels for the pool. The free continental breakfast ( cereal, toast, bagels, pastries, fruit ) had the addition of a pancake maker that I had not ever seen in any motel breakfast. You poured in a measured amount of batter & out rolled pancakes!! FUN!! Actually, they were very tasty, too. There was a room off the main lobby with tables & chairs where you could eat your breakfast. Office offered maps of the area, brochures for activities, & to-go restaurants. Staff was friendly & helpful. The price for this hotel was less than those in this area and I would definitely recommend staying here. I will be back! GREAT LOCATION!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank NatureLover99_11
Jeff S, General Manager at Azul Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you , Thank you..for your honest review of your current stay. I am glad to see that you approve of all the upgrades and enhancements we have undertaken over the past several months. Being an independent property, we pride ourselves on staying competitive both with rates and amenities as compared to some of our branded competitors. It is reviews such as yours that motivate us to continue to improve service, property and amenities, although there is not much we can do with the exterior, we do place our interest on guest comfort. I thank you again and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.
SoCal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Rooms: small, smelly, asked for two beds, got only one. Gave me the room next to the laundry service, told me they quit at 5pm so I wouldn't be bothered by noise. WRONG! Noise continued all night long, exacerbated by the proximity to the traffic.

Parking: 4 spots in front, more in back but not very secure.

Service: Not overly friendly, left two items in the room, called the next day, was told to call back in an hour. Called back, and they said the maid never saw my jacket or phone charger.

Price: for the price I did not expect the Taj Mahal, but I do expect cleanliness and to feel secure, neither of which happened. I would not stay here again if it were free.

Room Tip: My tip is DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Redpatch7
I am sorry that we were not able to upgrade you to a two bed room as requested, but as we have a very limited number, and none were available at the time you booked your stay, the only way we could have accommodate your request was if we received a cancellation. Regarding the laundry, this is the first that we have heard of it disturbing a guest (especially at night) as the staff goes home at 5 pm daily, all our equipment runs manually, not automated, so every piece of equipment is shut down for safety reasons prior to closing the laundry for the night. Missing items, or items left behind are common, we do have a dedicated associate who's job it is to reunite articles with there rightful owners, we mail many items each week that either we discover or guest inform us that they left behind, in rare circumstances, items do seem to disappear, kinda like the lost sock syndrome, I know I put two in..only one came out ?? We do take all comments to heart, look at where we can improve, as our intentions are to deliver exceptional guest service and satisfaction to each and every guest, past. present & future.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels