“Great place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, il
“Great place”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel, great location and nice rooms! Short walk to ucla, would recommend staying here. Clean bathroom, mini fridge, microwave and big balcony. In and out burger just a few blocks away, yum :-)

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spend a lot of time at UCLA and its a bonus to stay here since it's so close. It is usually impossible to get a long term stay because off this proximity.
It's clean, the rooms have balconies but the front desk staff are a little stand offish.

• Stayed May 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel only had a 2 star rating when we booked, not sure why it had such a low grade. The rooms are very nice! Large, clean nice bathroom, comfortable bed and the host was very nice, helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at Royal Palace on a business trip. I left my expensive shoes in the room. I notified management what had happen and they took down my number and said they would contact maid service. I never received a response. I called back the next day they took my number down again and never responded. The third time I called the gentleman at the front desk said maid service didn't turn in my dress shoes. I asked them to double check with maid service because they were left in the room. They said they would check and get back with me. Once again they took my phone number down and never called back. Either maid service took my shoes or management is to lazy to really find out. Either way my 200 shoes were either taken or dumped some where. I would think management cares about their customers. I would be cautious leaving anything of value in the room if your staying here. I hope no one forgets something in their room because you won't get it back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SF bay
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked this hotel for a short trip to LA and I wanted a hotel close to the embassy I wanted to visit. This was walking distance and had good reviews and so I booked it quickly. I was expecting an average hotel but it turned out to be an excellent choice. It was very close to the small downtown of Westwood village with chic restaurants, coffee shops and theater. And the best part was the room - it was very comfortable, nice decor, clean and beautifully upgraded. It turned out to be a great surprise and more than what I wanted in this hotel. Big thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This small hotel is in a wonderful location--very close to UCLA for a college tour. You can have a continental breakfast before stepping out for the day. Three marvelous things my family and I enjoyed: Comfortable beds w/plump pillows, a microwave to heat up leftovers and the shower head.
Yes, parking is tight but it's FREE.

The one small irritation is the lack of personality from the folks running the front desk.
Would we stay here again? You bet!

Room Tip: If you need to sleep in, do not get a room near the breakfast room on the first floor--can hear folk...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was in a great location, walking distance to UCLA. The best thing was that they let us leave the car at the hotel parking lot for the day, so we left it there to do the college tour. The parking spots were really tight, however, so if you have a larger car I would beware. We could only exit the car on one side, that's how tight we were to the next car. The hotel reminded me of a NYC apartment building somewhat, but the room was large, although somewhat dated. Our view was of the building on the side. The breakfast was somewhat sparse in a small room, but there are great restaurants very close to the hotel, and they have a map of all the local eateries in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family