My husband and I booked a King room using our Priority Club points and were quite disappointed when we arrived and were told that all of the King rooms were full and that they only had Queen rooms available. The receptionist said that she couldn't really do anything for us and suggested that we call the Priority Club - that's where the Customer Service got really bad. The gentleman who I spoke with simply informed us that "as per their terms and conditions, they are only obligated to provide a room that accommodates the same number of guests" and that there's nothing else that they could do.
I feel that they could have, at the very least, informed us of the change so that we had the option to cancel our reservation and choose another hotel and that, since we were using points rather than dollars, they didn't really care about providing us exemplary service.
When I got off the phone, the receptionist apologized on their behalf and then offered us free parking (worth $10) for our troubles. Given that it was 7:30pm, we were exhausted and decided to just stay there.
As far as the hotel itself was concerned, we were happy with it - the room was clean and quiet and we enjoyed the free wi-fi and breakfast which was included. Would I stay again? Not likely considering how many options we have in the LA area...but I will commend the front desk staff for doing their best to rectify the situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the Westside of Los Angeles, our new Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles welcomes visitors with extraordinary hospitality. Whether you're visiting for a corporate meeting or a family vacation, you will enjoy a stylish lodging experience with all the comforts of the home or office. Our ideal location also offers easy freeway access to all points of interest in the Greater Los Angeles Metro area. The Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles is an exquisite, well-appointed hotel within easy reach of many extraordinary attractions. Enjoy the Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Drive shopping in Beverly Hills, and the treasures of the Getty Center Museum all just a few minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn