“Great stay!”

Ranked #109 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Good location if you have a car to get around. Easy access to LACMA, the Ghetty, etc. not the best location to walk places, but easy access to the city. Friendly staff with great restaurant recommendations and help with driving instructions. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barb Y
Manager11250, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
The front office team members were very delighted to hear that they were able to assist you with driving directions and restaurants recommendations. Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean rooms and nice breakfast in covered patio area on second floor. Food was served hot and not too strict on closing time - a nice benefit for adjusting from travel times. Covered parking and short drive to LAX or downtown. Not the safest area for walking, but couldn't be more accessible right off the 405. 24 hour Subway and convenience store across the street.

Room Tip: Many rooms face interior courtyard. Second floor is close to breakfast area.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Manager11250, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear James,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. The entire team members of the Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles were excited when they read the feedback and in addition, very happy that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This hotel was ideal for what we were looking for; a good base, reasonably priced and located halfway between Santa Monica and Hollywood.

Room was clean and of decent size. Breakfast staff were friendly and there was reasonable spread of food to kick start the day.

Front office staff were really helpful and on hand to give suggestions for bars/restaurants and other useful tourist information.

All in all, a pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear SamiaD,

I am very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay; and the Front Office staff was able to provide you with ample information regarding the area. Along with the entire team members of the Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve your future lodging needs.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Really nice Hotel, located on Santa Monica Blvd very clean, nice rooms and an awesome breakfast. Front office manager was very helpful and polite he gave me great directions to Venice beach on the bus. Very close to LAX $14 each way to and from the airport and very close to Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. I would stay there again anytime I was in town.

Room Tip: Prime Time Shuttle great way to get to and from the airport if you are not driving
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Manager11250, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Hello Keith,

Thank you so much for taking the time posting your feedback on Tripadvisor! The entire team members of the Holiday Inn Express West LA were very excited to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to serving your hotel lodging needs in the very near future.
london
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Sadly the Holiday Inn Group seem to have cornered the market creating a bad first impression. I had flown long haul and driven direct from LAX. Parked the hire car and then becames slightly lost. Find the lobby is a game for newcomers here. I was fooled by signs saying "Exit". There are several "Exit" signs to choose from. One door could only be accessed with a hotel room key, which I didn't have because I hadn't checked in. The next "Exit" door took me up two flights of stairs carrying my luggage to a heavy door with a warning sign "Do Not Open, Emergency Alarm". I backed up. I gave up on the doors and walked up the ramps back to ground level round the outside of the building on the main street to the front door. Tired, jet lagged, weary, I was hit with an overpowering smell of cheap cleaning fluid. It was like walking into a vat of Vim. Choking and moaning about the car park Exit signs I actually received quite a nice and polite apology. followed by a form to fill in telling me I had to pay $10 a night for parking. Slightly grumpy I went to find my room. Getting there was more entertaining than finding the lobby due to the entertaining colour scheme. I was now in a world of mustard. Floors, doors, walls, stairs and ceilings all painted varying shades of yuck yellow. Very, very strange. Almost edgy, but somehow not. See photos. My room was a good size with decent facilities. Room 309 and the only minor complaint is that the floor in the room above is slightly creaky when the person above walks around. Unexpectedly, the hotel grew on me. I began to see the negatives as interesting quirks and the staff are really, genuinely friendly. The overpowering essence of Vim soon disappeared from the lobby. I think I arrived during weekly scrub down.

Location... This is an interesting part of town. At first it seems nondescript, barren, but like a lot of LA if you put the time in and walk around you will always be surprised. I soon found the best sushi place in the world, see review of NEW JAPAN. Also, nice old school record shop, a lovely independent cinema called Nuart, a great book shop and all manner of ethnic restaurants.

The hotel is right on the corner of the I-405 San Diego freeway and Little Santa Monica Blvd so traffic noise is impossible to hide, but it wasnt intrusive. It's a great location for access to West Hollywood, Larchmont, Melrose Ave and beyond, just 12 to 15 mins or so from Venice, the fantastic Abbot Kinney area as well as Santa Monica and it's brilliant 3rd St Promenade.

Holiday Inn Express... after bad first impression, I've become a fan. Will happily stay here again. But probably not on a romantic break.

Room Tip: Avoid floor 2 on the inside as several rooms have doors that open directly on to the bar/breakfast a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for the great feedback. Your feedbacks are very important to all of us. It helps us improve our services and facilities. Hope to welcome you back at our hotel.
Ridgecrest, California, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a busy little corner to get to, just off the (under construction) exit at 405 and Santa Monica Blvd. We are here often for medical visits to nearby hospitals. Conveniently located, one of the best Holiday Inn experiences we've had in years. Friendly, proficient and responsive staff, wonderful breakfast, clean rooms. Very reasonable price and value for this expensive area. Comparable to more expensive places in the area.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is breakfast floor and closer to West side is quieter from freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ladyjane93
Manager11250, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Our team members will be happy to hear that you enjoyed their service during your stay with us. We are located in an ideal location in the West LA area hospitals and local attractions. We look forward to serving you on your future travels. Thank you Ladyjane93!!!
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2012

my room was clean and spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the breakfast very nice. The main highlights of my stay was firstly the location situated between santa monica and hollywood. only required 1 bus either way to see most LA attractions. The staff were absolutely fantastic, they organised our bus transfers to and from airport, organised every tour we wanted to join. By far the best customer service I've encountered from any I've stayed in. No question was too big or too much and they always greeted you with a big smile. On my return to LA, i will most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: room 309 was nice and spacious
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kiara m
SGilliom, Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review! And yes, we're blessed with some of the friendliest staff you'll ever meet. Glad we were able to welcome you!