“A good, well-located choice”

Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles
Ranked #106 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Alexandria, VA
“A good, well-located choice”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I wanted a hotel that would provide ready access to the Getty Center as well as to some good restaurants. The Holiday Inn Express provided both; it is immediately adjacent to I-405, which leads to the Getty Center. The room was larger than I had anticipated, nicely furnished, and with free internet access. Breakfast was also included in the price. The price seemed high but the hotel was full, so I assume that they are charging what the traffic will bear. Be sure to ask for a quiet room. Many of the rooms face Santa Monica Blvd., which has a lot of traffic. If coming from LAX, expect to pay about $40 for a taxi, including tip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RichT529
neel n, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoy our hotel and that our staff takes good care of you during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Had previously read the reviews but what i didn't pick up on was that the hotel is bordering on the main freeway plus interesection of a main road , sadly my room , on the 4th floor was on the very same corner. The hotel have done their best to reduce the noise , but noisy it is , continuous traffic ... Asked for a room change but the hotel was full , would have checked out , but the booking was a non cancel , so in summary , really friendly hotel , but if you don't like traffic then call 1st and check which room you will be allocated , the staff are excellent and friendly so I am sure would be happy to help.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lloyd P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Lloyd P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times. Great location right off the freeway and west la. Staff is excellent and hotel is extremely clean. Not to far down the road from santa Monica. I would stay here agai an again

• Stayed April 2013
Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Monica
The location is very convenient but in a business area right off freeway

But, once you are inside it is wonderful, convenient parking, excellent staff, very clean
As with all Holiday Inn s they have free breakfast, but the atmosphere is so pleasant
It is on a balcony type setting, very clean and much better than any other Holiday Inn I have stayed at.

I needed somethings faxed and had a little trouble taking the email from my iphone and copying it to fax it . Neel, at the front desk went way above and beyond to help me and did so with a smile. I was sorry that we were only staying one night this is a Jewel of a Property will definitely stay here again.

I am an IHG member and stay with Holiday Inns quite often. This is one of my favorites. Also just 3 miles from the Santa Monica Pier.

Thank you Neel for making my stay memorable.

Alice from Las Vegas

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Houston
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights with 2 rooms at this Holiday Inn Express. Everything was great. One room had a 3rd floor view of Santa Monica Blvd and and although this has some transient population we had no problems walking down Santa Monica Blvd. This is a crowded intersection but noise was not a problem for us; however, they provide complimentary ear plugs, eye masks, and Breathe Right sample in a bag communicating the high traffic area. TV's at elevator because it is slow. The stairs are right by elevator. The breakfast was nice with biscuits and gravy, eggs, one day sausage - one day ham, fresh donuts, and a pancake machine in addition to standard breakfast bar items. Nuart theater is next door and we had the opportunity to meet the Sebastián Silva, the director of the Crystal Fairy in the theater. Gabriela Cowperthwaite, the director of Blackfish, was also present at this location to present her movie.

Room Tip: Request Santa Monica Blvd view. Use stairs (located next to elevator. I personally would avoid the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 457LisaC
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at this day twice. First time it was just in the beginning of a program at UCLA and recently to have a meeting at Lusking School of Affairs at UCLA as well. To reach that university this hotel is a must. Quiet close, good infrastructure, and nice people at reservation desk. This last time, Mrs. Sharon was really helpful finding a private driver to drive me to different places in the city. A great deal. His name is Mr. Carlos Cortez. A nice guy and knowledgeable about the city. I do recommend this hotel and this drive if you need.

Room Tip: Prefer the bedrooms that are not in front of the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rcvs33
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Good room but the breakfast could be better. We expected a better location regarding dinner options and a bit of site seeing at night however. Good location for business trip with the freeway just meters away (no noice in the room, which was good). Not a very good location for tourists discovering LA and Hollywood.
Cheap parking available for only 10$ a night.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Peter B,

#23 of 36 in Santa Monica
Hilgard House Hotel
Hilgard House Hotel
#142 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles? Share your experiences!