“Beautiful New Hotel”

Ranked #99 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Beautiful New Hotel”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a recently-opened hotel, conveniently located across the street from a Trader Joe's Market and an Enterprise Rental Car office and walking distance from a Whole Foods Market. Each room has a refrigerator, making it easy to pick up breakfast or lunch items from the local markets and store left-overs. The lobby is super comfortable with groupings of couches, a large flat-screen tv, and a variety of booths and dining tables for snacking.

The rooms were clean, beautiful, well-appointed with comfortable beds and fluffy towels.

Registration desk staff were friendly and helpful.

My only complaint was that I couldn't park in the lot to register because I needed to be registered to park in order to get through the gated driveway. Weird.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Ventura Blvd. side of the hotel (south), rather than the freeway side (north...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RabbiWendy
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
RabbiWendy ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review the property. I am so glad to hear your found the property location so convenient, the room clean and perfect for you! My staff strives to ensure all of our guest are well taken care of and I am happy to hear you had a freindly helpful experience with them. I am not sure why you had an issue with the parking gate as you should have been able to come right in and only need a key to exit. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Shannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

There is not a better more friendly staff than at this Marriott-I'm on about day 10 in a hotel, and what a warm welcoming place! Everyone from the front desk to the bistro, everyone you come in contact with is pleasant and eager to help.

The bistro food was great, I had the chicken tacos for dinner which were tasty, and literally the best breakfast sandwich I've ever had in the am-The Healthy Start-English muffin with egg whites, spinach, havarti cheese and turkey. Seriously delicious, will eat it every morning I'm here.

Parking is $10/day but that's not too bad. Don't get turned off by the exterior, it's nice, but looks from the side like an old holiday inn and on a busy street. Once inside, you walk into calm, warm and welcoming-you will not be disappointed!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank seversandheller
Serversandheller ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager her eat the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us such a great review! I believe we had the chance to chat while you were here and coming from a road warrior like you this is high praise indeed! My team strives to provide the level of service you described. I am glad you enjoyed the staff and our Bistro fare. We look forward to having you again as our guest!

Shannon
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 January 2014

At check-in, the Front Desk Manager was very friendly and professional. Stayed in the executive room and really liked the room. The room was smartly designed and well laid out. It was much better than the typical hotel room.
The room was very clean and thought the room was cleaner than the five star hotels.
The Bistro restaurant is nice and the staff were very polite ans service was terrific.
Every time I walked by the front desk, someone at the hotel was saying Good Morning.
Between the cleanliness of the hotel, staff members remembering my name, good consistent service, I felt this property had service levels that exceed five star resorts.
The GM at the property is Shannon Labbe and sent me an email prior to my check-in to ensure guest comfort was a high priority and wanted to make sure I felt welcomed. Compared to other Marriott properties, the GM's are all focused on the bottom line with all the typical "cheap tricks" that I notice to improve their bottom line, yet Shannon stood out as guest comfort was the priority, hence a healthy bottom line for this hotel. This is a very different Marriott property that far exceeds other Marriott properties since I am Marriott Platinum.

Room Tip: Get the executive room. For an extra $10, it is worth the upgrade. The room is very spacious and m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Todd B
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Todd ~

Thank you again so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review us. As I expressed the team here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills thrives on ensuring each of our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am glad we got the chance to meet before you left yesterday and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Shannon Labbe
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Perfect location for us - walking distance for restaurants and shops. Friendly neighbourhood close to the highway. Nothing fancy but clean and not too big. Great breakfast and friendly staff - the girls who served us breakfast were always friendly and courteous. Free wifi - no room service and limited menu but lots of options close by. Room was always clean - thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EMA001
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
EMA001 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the property. I am glad to hear our location was perfect for you. We are close to many resturaunts if you dont happen to find exactly what you are looking for from our Bistro. I am slo happy that Iris and Jessica in the Bistro took such great care of you. We strive to ensure all of our guest have a friendly memorable experience here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills. I look for ward to having you again as our guest!

Sincerely

Shannon Labbe
Courtyard by Marriott ~ Woodland Hills
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting family just up the hill. It was the closest hotel at a good price. I wasn't "wowed" by reviews, and I think that this hotel deserves better. Our check-in was prompt and courteous. The room was extremely comfortable - I am very picky about bed comfort and room cleanliness. The bathroom was spotless. There is a Starbucks for coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby, and service was excellent. It is a small property so there is no large restaurant. I think that alcoholic drinks are served in the lobby, but we didn't take advantage of that so I cannot be certain. Near the elevator is a room with snack foods and light meals that can be heated up from frozen in a microwave. Very handy if you are traveling with children who suddenly decide that they are hungry. There is a Trader Joes just across the street (side street, not across Ventura Blvd). There is a charge for parking, so just plan on that. I think we paid $11 for parking.

We will definitely be staying here again. As long as the rates don't increase.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank upandaway99
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Upandaway99 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Maanger here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with is and was impressed with our cleanliness and Guest Service Staff. Our Bistro is open for dinner with a full bar from 5pm-10pm as well as for breakfast. Our Starbucks proudly serves all day long. We look forward to having you as our guest gain when visiting family.

Happy 2014 from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Woodland Hills!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is great for a convenient, economical and friendly place to stay. We recently stayed while attending a nearby family function and were very pleased with the experience. Trader Joe's is next door and Whole Foods is about 2 blocks away so self serve meal options are easy. Several nearby restaurants within walking distance were recommended by hotel staff and each that we went to were exactly as described.

Parking is $10 per night, but that isn't unusual for California. The hotel was more than $10 cheaper than most of the alternatives so we just figured it into the room rate and rationalized that the parking was effectively free. A good deal for a recently renovated, but still basic, hotel in this area. I'd stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank des124
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Des124 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our loaction so convenient. Our staff is not only the Friendliest but they are the local experts and I am happy their recommendations served you well! We look forward to having you as our guest again when you are in the area.

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills!
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I started out at a hotel in Calabasas, but had to leave due to many problems. My parents were staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and they recommended I get a room there as well. I'm so glad I did! My room was extremely comfortable and clean, everything worked well (shower, a/c, Wi-Fi, etc.), and the people there are so friendly and pleasant. I will definitely stay here from now on when I'm visiting my sister in Woodland Hills.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor near the freeway, and it was still very quiet! And I'm a light s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elie D
Eli D ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you adn your parents enjoyed your stay with us and our staff treated you well. We look forward to having you again as our guest on your next visit to see your sister!

Happy New Year from all of us at the Courtyard Woodland Hills!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#88 of 351 in Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
#175 of 351 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!