“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lompoc, California
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here twice before and after a trip back east. The hotel has been beautifully updated and is well located not far from the 101. The rooms are modern and roomy. The staff was helpful and informative. We also took advantage of the breakfast downstairs and the prices were reasonable. They were re-doing the pool on our return trip which should be very nice. We will definitely choose to stay here in the future. Great value in the area and more than comparable to the Hilton and Marriott we stayed at previously.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Rlwilliams13– Thank you for returning to stay with us again and again and see us as a great value in the area! I am happy to know that you find our property well located, our rooms clean and spacious and our staff helpful. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Courtyard by Marriott – Woodland Hills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was very clean and modern. We chose it for the price vs value, which was obvious from the ratings on trip advisor and the pictures and we were not disappointed.
The hotel is far away from beverly hills, around 30 mins.
The only concern would be the noise coming from the hallway and nearby rooms, the hotel need to do something about the walls isolation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Akasmaa5
Akasmaa5– I am very happy to see that you found our property clan and modern as well as a value. We work hard to ensure your room is spotless and ready for your arrival. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. I am so glad you were not disappointed with your stay. Thank you for also letting us know about your concerns about noise as we continually try to improve. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Grosse Pointe Shores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This property was a Holiday Inn when we stayed there last. The transformation to a Courtyard was extremely well done. Everything is fresh new and very well done. Staff is great, and very friendly. Karl at check in made us feel extremely welcome. Had had an Executive King room. Amazing! Very large with a good separation between the bed area and the living area. Good sized couch and occasional chair. Good work station. Two flat panel TVs. The Bathroom was gigantic. The walk in shower would have held 6 easily. There is a great actual courtyard between two parts of the building with great soft outdoor furniture. Very nice pool outdoors away from the courtyard. There is a Trader Joe store next door and a Whole Foods a few doors away. Grate property in a great location. Will stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Choose an Executive King. It's more than with the price!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leagle49
Leagle49–We have fully renovated the Holiday in to the New and Improved Courtyard and I am happy you enjoyed our fresh new look! I am also happy to hear that Karl as well as the rest of my staff were friendly and welcoming. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. We are in a great location near to Trader Joes as well as several local dining options within walking distance. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

the rooms were clean, the ease of access in and out better than the marriott at warner center, no overcharge for parking. a great value. the downside of all marriott properties is the lousy internet server, they should just change their provider, period.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MelOnWheels
Melonwheels–I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and our property better than others in the area and a value. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also giving us feedback about our internet as we are always looking to improve and this helps us do so. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you have stayed in a Courtyard Marriott recently, this is par for the course. Nothing particularly unusual about it. I stayed here because of the location; I was attending a conference in Malibu and needed a place to stay for just 10 hours (I arrived late the night before the conference started). I do not think I would stay here again unless I was in the area for a particular reason.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank sarah7038
Sarah7038–Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in the area. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Pro's

* Lovely property and clean
* Really nice and helpful staff
* Spacious room
* Fast wireless internet

Con's

* Too expensive at $200+/night
* Nothing is included, not even a bottle of water
* The bed is a bit soft and the shower temp. quite temperamental
* Desk chair isn't nearly supportive enough for extended use

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JackandJill1970
JackandJill1970– I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us and you found us lovely, spacious and clean. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well as our lobby area with free internet throughout! I am also glad to see the staff was nice and helpful during your time with us. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also letting us know about some of your con’s as we continue to try and improve and your feedback helps. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spent two nights recently at this hotel and I was happy with it overall with a couple of exceptions. The hotel looks as though it has been recently updated; the lobby area is attractive and inviting. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The rooms were typical Courtyard, however my room lacked a real closet, just a armoire. The bathroom was beautiful, with a huge stand-up shower, but the water pressure was awful! It took forever to wash the shampoo out of my hair! The location is very convenient for access to the freeways; about 20 minute drive to the Burbank airport. They charge $10.00 per day for parking, but there is street parking right next to the hotel for free after 8:00pm and all day on Sunday. A Trader Joe's is right across the street from the hotel and a large mall is within a two miles. I am a Gold Elite member with Marriott and this Courtyard was on par with the standard I am use to, other than the two items mentioned.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda M– I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us and you found us well kept and clean. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well as our lobby area! We are located in a great central location close to local dining, shopping and LA tourist spots. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also letting us know about the pressure in your shower, we continue to try and improve and your feedback helps. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#87 of 348 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
#185 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!