“Perfect for what I needed and expected”

Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills
Ranked #109 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 September 2014

One of us booked a two-night stay at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills for a brief family stay in the LA area. My expectations for the Courtyard franchise are pretty modest--I can generally count on a decent room and bed, very little in the way of services, and, basically, a place to sleep at night. This Courtyard property was truly outstanding. The room was very nice--clean, quiet, ergonomically arranged, and surprisingly large. The bed was very comfortable. So far, so good!

What surprised me, in a most pleasant way, was the enthusiasm and professionalism of the staff. They were better than the staff at some high-end properties at which I have recently stayed. In addition to the well-stocked "Courtyard pantry" (great for everything from soft drinks, to wine and snacks), they have an on-site restaurant. I only had coffee there, but did observe that the breakfasts looked good and, once again, the staff was outstanding. The hotel also has a lovely inner (but outdoors) courtyard that was a great place to sit in the evening. WiFi was free and strong.

The location is great--very central in the western part of the San Fernando Valley. There is a Trader Joe's next door and a Whole Foods a few blocks away. Many restaurants and other shops are also nearby. Easy access to the freeway. I will happily stay here again when I am in this area. Kudos to the outstanding staff!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bruce-Carol B
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Bruce-Carol – I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and you found us to be an outstanding Courtyard! It is so good to hear you found our rooms clean, comfortable and quiet. I also am glad to know our staff took care of you with enthusiasm and you thought everyone was outstanding. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests. We are centrally located with many dining, shopping and tourist spots close to us. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is definitely the best Courtyard by Marriott hotel I've stayed at. First of all, the bathroom is completely separate from the room, unlike most Courtyards where the sink is outside the bathroom. For me, that's a plus. The rooms were spotless, quiet, and very well-appointed, with a super comfortable mattress; it was a pleasure to come back at the end of the day. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Special shout-out to Jacob, who was awesome and went above and beyond.

The hotel was also in a good location -- very convenient to the Getty Center, and not so terribly far a drive to the Norton Simon and Huntington Library. It's also right across the street from a Trader Joe's and a five-minute walk from a Whole Foods, and near an upscale mall, if you want some retail therapy. And importantly: near an In n Out Burger -- v important for us East Coasters needing our fix! (Just FYI, it's a bit of a drive from LAX -- took me about an hour in traffic -- but if you don't rind driving that's not a big deal). Parking is $10 a day, which didn't really seem like a big deal to this NYC resident (parking can be, and often is, $40-$50 a day here).

If I could, I'd knock off one-half star for the one thing that I don't love about the Marriott Courtyards (all of them, not just this one): no vending machines. Instead, you have to buy sodas and such as their marketplace near the checkout. Wish Marriott would change that. But really, it's pretty minor in the scheme of things.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Laura H

Laura H – Thank you for the wonderful compliments! It is so good to hear you found our rooms spotless, well-appointed, comfortable and quiet and our staff went above and beyond, especially Jacob! We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests. We are centrally located with many dining, shopping and tourist spots close to us. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is the nicest Courtyard we've ever stayed at. We are Elite Marriott members and travel extensively. Lovely spacious rooms that are clean and quiet. Highly recommend it. The staff was great and polite. Good location as well.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 158alisam

AlisaM – Being called the nicest Courtyard you have ever stayed at is a wonderful compliment! I am very happy to hear you found our rooms clean, spacious and quiet and our staff took great care of you. pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all our guest. We are centrally located with many dining, shopping and tourist spots close to us. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff here is what makes this hotel extraordinary and worthy of taking time for a review. They are professional, helpful, and welcoming. Rooms are upscale Courtyard, and I was only there for 12 hours, but I appreciated the extra support from the check in staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

TeriKay – I am so happy to see that you found our hotel and staff extraordinary! Everyone on staff here strives to be exactly as you described, Professional, helpful and welcoming. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all our guest weather you are with us for 12 hours or 12 days. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We based ourselves here for 8 days around LA and I found the Courtyard to be one of the most satisfying hotel stays I have ever had. For a family of 4 in 1 room the room was amply sized and a good rate for a longer stay. The pool was a decent size and the whole place was very clean with very pleasant staff. We ate regularly in the Bistro which was good but there were also plenty of supermarkets and restaurants within easy walking distance. The room was quiet but there is some noise from the nearby freeway. With the heavy traffic around LA the drive from the hotel to Hollywood attractions was a bit annoying but bearable if you allow some extra time. Thoroughly recommended and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Mistermikeuk – I am so happy to see that you found your stay with us one of the most satisfying you have ever had, that you found the property very clean and the staff pleasant. We are very centrally located with many local dining and shopping options as well as our Bistro for breakfast and dinner. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. There was a vintage costume college seminar going on which made for interesting sight seeing. Room was fine nothing special.
I did have a sandwich at bar and it was tasty. I needed to check in early and they were able to accommodate me. Front desk staff super nice.
We had breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs tasted good and food was fresh.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Good Afternoon ~ Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Unfortunately I believe you have the wrong hotel. We do not have a breakfast buffet nor have had a costume seminar. I hope you did enjoy your time in the area and your wedding.

Courtyard Woodland Hills

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is our second stay at this property and I have only the best comments for the hotel and it's staff. The Front Desk staff was welcoming and remembered us from last year. Karli. the corporate sales manager was very accomodating with the room fee and putting our family together on the same floor.We got an accessible room which was wonderful. Housekeeping is to be commended- the room was clean ,beautiful and comfortable. We loved the pool- sparkling clean and not crowded. The only improvement would be to offer a upgrade for food. The breakfast and dinner service was marginal and we ended up eating all of our meals out. Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee K

Renee K – Thank you so much for returning and staying with us again! I am so happy to hear the staff took special care of you and your party and that you found the rooms clean, comfortable and beautiful. We do have a special group here that is dedicated to providing you an exceptional experience. As the General Manager here it is what I strive for in my team and for my guests. We look forward to having you back again as our guest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#82 of 354 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!