“Much better than the reviews as its been refurbished but the internet is awful.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Near Warner Center

Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
Ranked #185 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

Well the reviews here arn't too good but i think the hotel has been refurbished since then.

The staff at reception were very welcoming at check in was easy and fast.

The area seems fine and there is a Denny's in the carpark and its located with easy access to the freeways and there are shops across the road including a supermarket.

The hotel pool is also nice.

The rooms are "adequate" and while not the ritz they seem acceptable and if you want the ritz i guess you go to the ritz , the tv has a good choice of channels too and the room has a fridge.

Then onto the internet and this is where it all fell apart for me , i am a full time poker player and need reliable access to the internet and only chose the hotel as it said it had free wireless internet, however the connection seems to cut completely every 30 minutes or so to make you go to view an advert and accept their user agreement over and over again , now this while being incredibly annoying i could just about deal with but once youve done this the connection is awful and disconects every few minutes and everything goes slow.

Ive never experienced such problems as this and when i asked at reception was told the connection was like that.

As a result i had to check out and find alternative accomodation with internet which was dissappointing as we were looking forward to staying here as the hotel itself seemed pleasant.

If you dont require internet then this could be a good choice for cheap accomodation in a nice enough hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2007

We spent one horrible night at this place. First, the t.v. did not work and we were told someone would come up and fix it, which did not happen. Then about 12:30 a.m., after we fell asleep, a large group of teenagers from the highschool across the street starting running along the corriders, screaming, pounding, breaking bottles, and at least one, throwing up outside a guest room door. The front desk sent ineffective security which could not control the situation, and about 2-2:30 a.m., the LA police (which had to be called by a guest) showed up and kicked them out.. When we asked the front desk manager this morning if there were chaperones, he said there were none; the rooms clearly were rented to minors with no chaperones. There were only two Kleenexes in the box, only one bar of soap (no separate one for the shower), and, to top matters off, there was no hot water when I showered, but rather, ice cold water. We were originally going to stay one more night, but relocated today to another motel in the area.
This appears to be a low-budget operation with inadequate and ineffective staff and security. We will NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Renting to unchaperoned, out-of-control teenages; ineffective security
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rajgmWoodlandHills, owner at Comfort Inn Near Warner Center, responded to this review, 31 March 2009
Comfort Inn near Warner Center has undergone extensive renovations and changing in management since 2007. Please wait for new reviews or visit other review sites such as expedia for reviews on our hotel. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2007

I had an unpleasant experience at this motel and will not be returning. However, I acknowledge the motel had some good points, which I list first. It may be possible to have a decent experience here if you stay on the side furthest away from the Denny's, and if you check the plumbing first to make sure it works properly, and if you find the room to be acceptably clean. But with so many hotel choices nearby, I wouldn't chance it.

Positives (or Neutral) :
* Unusually firm mattress
* Refrigerator in room next size up from tiny
* Microwave in room
* Swimming pool that's larger than what you'd expect in such a small motel.
* Although the room is small, the decor is neutral and pleasant.
* My partner found the breakfast acceptable. It included: 2 kinds of cereal, waffles, muffins, toast, 2 kinds of juice, and coffee.

And now the negatives which greatly outweighed the positives for me:
* Dirty bathroom with many hairs on the floor. Yuck.
* Shower water temperature varied wildly from hot to cold.
* No cold water in the bathroom faucet. My partner and I had to quickly wash our hands before the water completely warmed up, or we would have been scalded. A child could have easily been scalded.
* VERY LOUD. We were in room 210, two rooms away from the Dennys which shares the parking lot. I was kept up in the middle of the night (3:30 to after 4 am) by people blasting car radio and having loud conversations in the parking lot. I had no idea Dennys is open 24 hours a day, but found out the hard way.
* A too small, tight parking lot. We were okay b/c we were there on a Sunday night, but had we been there Saturday night when they were sold out, we would have had a problem.
* I noticed a flea jumping on the bed. And as Dr. Phil said, "for every one you see there's a hundred you don't." That may have explained why a previous reviewer's family was bitten up at night.

The cost was $96 a night (AAA discount), before taxes and fees. In my experience, motels in the L.A. area that cost under $100 are dives. I recommend staying away.

• Liked — It beats sleeping in the car.
  • Disliked — Noise, plumbing, cleanliness, fleas.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank groovyvegan
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2006

My family and I rented 3 rooms there last week, for 2 nights. One room was alright but the other 2 were substandard. The toilet overflowed in the room downstairs. The room on the second floor was absolutely filthy! The carpet was the worse I have ever seen and the chair was nasty looking. I complained to the front desk and they said they wouyld get back to me. Which they never did. Upon checking out I spoke with the manager and he was unwilling to alter the bill in any way. When I let him know I was intending on posting a negative review online about his hotel, he indicated to me that he couldn't care less. Stay away from this substandard hotel and the very rude staff that work there!

• Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank PammyRae
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2006

I was there on a business trip. I don't know why they had bad reviews. The hotel looks like it has been upgraded. I asked the front desk clerk, they said they have just finished remodeling and it's under new management. I liked the interior of the room. Nice wall-paper and bed sheets were very clean. I liked it. I thought it was as good as any five star hotel. Good price for a room like that and I liked their breakfast. It was a nice experience for me. People were friendly and curtious at the front desk. I think I will stay there if I go back to L.A. again.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2006

My children (ages 5, 15, and 17) and I stayed at this hotel for two nights as we had business in the area. I also took them to Disneyland the first day of our stay.
The hotel was gross. We were placed on the third floor facing the highway, even though other rooms were available. The walls looked like they had boogers and/or bodily fluids on them. The toilet was backed up and finally refused to flush at all in the end. The staff was informed of this and told me to come get a plunger! The beds were stained, but the sheets/blankets seemed clean. However, we were all bit by something during the night, possibly bedbugs(?) I'm not sure. The tv barely worked. The table was dirty and the chair upholstery was stained. The people in the next room were being very loud (---), and the staff called our room (at about midnight!) believing it was us that was being loud. This call came shortly after we returned from Disneyland, and my youngest was already asleep. I think it was because I had my three children with me that the staff assumed it was us making noise.
The disgusting room and rudeness of the staff ruined our trip. This was not a trip that could be easily repeated as my financial situation is very sad. My husband, the childrens father, had passed away about a year prior to this trip and I was hoping they could enjoy themselves, unfortunately I chose this hotel because of the proximity to business I needed to attend to as well as the price. If we are fortunate enough to be able to afford another vacation I will stay at another hotel, for that matter, a different chain all together. And yes, I did complain to the main chain after we returned home and all that I received was a very insincere apology letter.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank AZGirl68
Phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2005

The other reviews are correct. Unfortunately I didn't read them before I went. STAY AWAY!!!. The room smelled terribly of wet paint covering rotten walls. When I complained the staff gave me a room key to check another room. I accidentally walked in on a family that was already in that room. I went back to tell the staff and they gave me the key to another room. Well, guess what. Someone was in that room too! Finally I got one more key and was able to check out the room. It smelled the same. It was too late and we were too tired to go in search of another hotel. We had to ask for clean sheets. The sheets on the bed were dirty. We had to buy some air freshener to try to mask the smell. It didn't work. This place is a run down dump.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank mwhiti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#85 of 348 in Los Angeles
North San Fernando Valley
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#210 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Comfort Inn Near Warner Center? Share your experiences!