“Disgusting!”

Ranked #170 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Arizona
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed 19 January 2006

My children (ages 5, 15, and 17) and I stayed at this hotel for two nights as we had business in the area. I also took them to Disneyland the first day of our stay.
The hotel was gross. We were placed on the third floor facing the highway, even though other rooms were available. The walls looked like they had boogers and/or bodily fluids on them. The toilet was backed up and finally refused to flush at all in the end. The staff was informed of this and told me to come get a plunger! The beds were stained, but the sheets/blankets seemed clean. However, we were all bit by something during the night, possibly bedbugs(?) I'm not sure. The tv barely worked. The table was dirty and the chair upholstery was stained. The people in the next room were being very loud (---), and the staff called our room (at about midnight!) believing it was us that was being loud. This call came shortly after we returned from Disneyland, and my youngest was already asleep. I think it was because I had my three children with me that the staff assumed it was us making noise.
The disgusting room and rudeness of the staff ruined our trip. This was not a trip that could be easily repeated as my financial situation is very sad. My husband, the childrens father, had passed away about a year prior to this trip and I was hoping they could enjoy themselves, unfortunately I chose this hotel because of the proximity to business I needed to attend to as well as the price. If we are fortunate enough to be able to afford another vacation I will stay at another hotel, for that matter, a different chain all together. And yes, I did complain to the main chain after we returned home and all that I received was a very insincere apology letter.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank AZGirl68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix
Reviewed 23 August 2005

The other reviews are correct. Unfortunately I didn't read them before I went. STAY AWAY!!!. The room smelled terribly of wet paint covering rotten walls. When I complained the staff gave me a room key to check another room. I accidentally walked in on a family that was already in that room. I went back to tell the staff and they gave me the key to another room. Well, guess what. Someone was in that room too! Finally I got one more key and was able to check out the room. It smelled the same. It was too late and we were too tired to go in search of another hotel. We had to ask for clean sheets. The sheets on the bed were dirty. We had to buy some air freshener to try to mask the smell. It didn't work. This place is a run down dump.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank mwhiti

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 July 2005

I love Comfort Inns, but this was definitely not on par with the rest of the chain. It is located on a busy road--lots of traffic. The room was dirty and we had to ask for pillows for the beds as well as towels. Much to our dismay, we didn't discover the shower didn't work until the next morning when we had to cope with water temp. going from scalding to freezing and water pressure from a slight stream to drips. The staff was curt and unfriendly. Luckily, we only needed the room 1 night. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank Stoneygirl
Cathey's Valley, California
Reviewed 8 February 2005

The hotel is sandwiched right between busy Ventura Blvd and even busier US Highway 101--we had a room on the side facing neither, but the traffic noise was unbearable and add to that the noise of every car "beeping" when its' doors were locked/unlocked by the owner. You could hear every footstep from the room above and from anyone walking down the runways outside. The room above us must have been "rented by the hour", traffic in/out was constant most of the day/night. They must have used tissue paper for insulation when they built this place. The "parking lot" was very small for the number of rooms--get there early or don't give up your space. The breakfast room was 5 tables squeezed into the small lobby and 2 of the tables were in the very small area where the food was--with people at those tables, it was impossible to maneuver to the food. Then throw in the fact that what looked like the "cleaning staff" was sitting at one of the tables eating and carrying on. The continental breakfast was very cheap pastries and watered down OJ and some stale cereal with very few bowls available. The front desk people were unfriendly/curt and were very very difficult to understand. The only really nice thing about the room was the bathroom set-up. The sink and very large countertop were outside and away from the room where the toilet/shower was. That should be a MUST for any hotel--it allows for easier use by multiple people. If I didn't have business in the immediate area, I would have NEVER stayed here. Comfort Inns used to be a decent chain, but I haven't stayed in many decent ones lately and this one is AAA-approved! This one last sentence should sum up this hotel--the in-room refrigerator had graffiti scrawled on the door!

8 Thank ynp-CV