“Great hotel, great staff”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #36 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I spend around 10 nights a year in this hotel and am never less than delighted with the staff, valet parking, front desk, house keeping and restaurant staff are all wonderful. This has been my hotel of choice in the area for several years and shall remain so.

1  Thank frank w
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Frankw – thank you for your review and 5 stars. The staff will be thrilled to read your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. See you soon!
Francois Khoury, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I would like to commend two people on the staff that always make my stays a great experience - James in the lounge and Anne at the front desk! James always makes sure that you get great food from the kitchen and keeps the drinks coming. If there are any issues with your stay, Anne is quick to fix them.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

RMD-HOU – thank you for your review and 4 stars. I have shared your review with both James and Ann at the Front Desk. Thank you for your great comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon! Francois Khoury, General Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We arrived yesterday and had a smooth check-in and valet experience. We got to our room, and it was stuffy. The A/C was shut off. I've been here Thanksgiving 2009 and had a bigger room and the A/C was on. Not sure if housekeeping had shut it off accidentally. Anyways, our request for a crib and mini-fridge was fulfilled.

Finally decided to unwind and take a shower after a 6 hour drive from San Francisco to find that we were short a bath towel, 2 hand towels, and the non-slip rubber mat for the tub. I attempted to call housekeeping yesterday and this morning only to get a voicemail. I finally called the front desk and they were able to remedy the problem.

Lastly, I'm getting my daughter ready for bed this evening, and I find something towards the end table of our bed. Since it was dark in our room, I mistook it for the electrical cord of our lamp on the nightstand last night. But this evening I had turned on all the lights in our room, to find a PINK G-STRING UNDERWEAR!!!!! What the heck!!! Of course I didn't pick it up. It's still there on the floor. I'm not sure how housekeeping missed this???

With that said, before I accept a room fully, I think i'll really inspect it before settling in...

Room Tip: If you book through the Hilton online, there is an option to upgrade at the very end. Wished I had!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Csacramento – thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with the staff. I apologize that the guest room you occupied was not our normal high standards. I have shared your comments with the Director of Housekeeping so she can address the issues you have brought to our attention. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you will utilize the Hilton Woodland Hills for your accommodations. General Manager, Francois Khoury

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We had a great time at the hotel. Laura the Concierg was a trememdous assistance to us and really made the stay even better.

Room Tip: Room was very confortable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

DMilas – thank you for your review and 5 stars. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and Laura was part of making that happen. I will be sure to share your comments with her. She will be thrilled. Francois Khoury, General Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Unlike a lot of the 4* reviews by business people perhaps looking for an upgrade by dropping in the names of staff/their buddies etc i havent encountered any of that.
I had great difficulty in understanding what the checkin member of staff was trying to explain about using debit cards. She seemed to be saying i would havetoay up front and couldnt get my money back if i didnt stay for all the days i used in the room...
Anyway - later the same person said she had booked a cab and hadnt - generaly thisis a terrible hotel if you want to get into town. It is $70 to the sunset strip by cab. Breakfast was standard with silly embarrassing voucher system to get fed. I waited for ever to be seated and eventually just sat myself down. Constant "is everything ok here" from staff (very annoying)
Also $8 for a small bottle of beer is just insulting. Its not that I dont have the money - its just so blatantly over priced. Like a lot of Hilton hotels.

Room Tip: Pay more money
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Squaredog - Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. I apologize that you stay was not up to your satisfaction. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests on tripadvisor and whether if it is an area of opportunity or compliments about the staff, the reviews are anonymous.
I apologize if the communication regarding using a debit card was not clear. When using a debit card, your card is authorized for room, tax and $25 for incidentals. However, because it is a debit card it will appear as a charge on your account. Whatever from the incidentals that does not get used, is refunded to your account. I apologize that the breakfast service and voucher system was not to your liking. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon! Francois Khoury, General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This Hilton was ok but nothing special as a Diamond HHonors guest. I got a regular room no upgrades. When the lounge was open, the breakfast was good with a variety of options and a cappuccino machine. The receptionist was very knowledgeable on traffic suggestions and activities.

The room was pretty large with an average view.

Mortons, Cheesecake Factory and BJs were within walking distance once the car was parked.

It was easy to get to various locations from Santa Monica to Palm Springs during the 405 closure.

Room Tip: Normally I advise to have
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Travelsal0t1 – thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage. She will be happy to read your comments. We often get comments about our location and how convenient it is to walk to all the shopping and restaurants around the hotel. Glad you were able to take advantage of that. Come back soon! Francois Khoury, General Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Only stayed here for one night but everything was very nice. Nice hotel, good breakfast in the restaurant and a Cheesecake Factory right next door.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

FFPointsGreat – thank you for your review and 4 stars. I am glad to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. Come back soon!
General Manager, Francois Khoury