“Nice”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #35 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We were in town from Michigan for an extended weekend wedding. Can't say I've stayed in too many Hiltons over the years but the whole wedding party ended up staying here so I was curious to see how the hotel was.

LOCATION: It's not far from the freeway which is nice for the out of towner to not have to GPS a bazillion different streets. It's also nicely situated next to some good resturants such as the Cheesecake Factory and a brewery called BJ's. BJ's is a nice lodge like atmosphere where I watched some football at. Well worth the effort. Lettuce wraps were quite good but be careful of the spicy mustard. It will get your attention! There's a strip mall across the street but once you get away from the immediate area, the neighborhood seemed to decline a bit travelling down Canoga away from the freeway/Hilton.
PARKING: Uses a public structure so I remind you all to bring your ticket to the initial check in because I didn't and was forced to run back to the car just to leave without paying double. It seemed secure and always had an open spot on the weekend.
CHECKIN: Painless and with virtually no lineup at 2pm on a Friday. Not bad. Elevators were always quick to respond.
ROOMS: The room was modern and updated with a nice view from the 11th floor. Bed was big, cozy and plenty of pillows which I'm always a big fan of. Nice business table however finding outlets to plug in portables was quite difficult and almost seemed intentionally hidden to avoid using their electricity or something! ; ) The one major hiccup though was the AC. It was cold but it certainly made a lot of noise kicking on and would startle us repeatedly in the middle of the night. Not sure if it's a particular issue with room 1122 or just the AC generally speaking. Other than that, the rooms seemed pretty quiet. We liked having the ice and beverage machine outside our door until someone else used it in the middle of the night! LOUD. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge and perhaps they offer it but we were a block of rooms associated with the wedding so maybe they just didn't reserve that type of room.
GENERAL DECOR: Lobby is nicely decorated and the hallway floors were heavily carpeted to reduce noise which is nice.
RESTURANTS: We didn't partake but they appeared busy.
FITNESS AREA: I enjoyed the elipitical with the buit in TV monitor and the free weights were nice. It would have been nice to have some sort of chest/bench machine though. That's seems like a pretty basic ingredient to a work out area. I guess the limited space won't allow for more though so I get it.
CONCLUSION: It's a quality hotel and worth the stay. Most places have their little quirks so nothing to worry about here. The price was right and I'd come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SofaKing
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Sofaking – thank you for taking the time and writing such detailed review. I am glad to read that your overall experience at the Hilton Woodland Hills was pleasant. It is always nice to hear that check in was fast and smooth and you enjoyed your guest room and the amenities. I apologize that the ice machine was a bit loud. Please know that we do offer complimentary refrigerators upon request at check in. Good to hear you had time to use the Fitness Center, and it was to your satisfaction. We hope to serve you in the near future! Francois Khoury, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past two years while traveling for business. Each time I am greeted by friendly valets and front desk staff. The rooms are always very clean and well serviced, quiet and beds are comfortable. Overall this is one of my favorite Hilton properties mainly due to the staff. They are professional, friendly and helpful. I would like to provide special thanks to Rosie in the exec lounge who goes the extra mile to help you relax at the end of a long day. Also to the morning crew at the the restaurant they all so attentive and helped me start each day with a smile.

As an HHonors diamond member I stay at alot of hilton properties and as I said this is one of my favorites. Kudos to the management for employing such a great team of people.

• Stayed: October 2011
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

DblDiamond1 - It is such a pleasure to read your review. I am thrilled that Hilton Woodland Hills is one of your favorite Hilton properties; this is what we strive for! Thank you for the wonderful compliments of our hotel and staff, I look forward to sharing your review with our team. Come back soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton in Woodland Hills LA from 9/25-10/1/11. During my stay I received exceptional service from the Valet parking staff: Danny, Mark, Maurice, Erwin and it all began with the first valet staffer who greeted us when we checked in on Sunday evening. He set the tone for our stay but I am sorry I did not get his name. However, needless to say they all left a Great impression on me and do an excellent job representing the Hilton brand. We also received excellent service from Laura and Rossy in the Concierge lounge. They always greeted us with smiles and made us feel welcome and were eager to accommodate our request. Last but not least, I would like to acknowledge the service of two people in the Brasserie Restaurant the manager and one of the servers (tall older lady).

All of these employees I've mentioned make a positive difference to your company and go the extra mile to turn a good experience into a GREAT experience.

Thanks for the great service!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the concierge floor gives you access to the conseire's louge which has complimentary fo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Stuart W - Thank you for your wonderful review! I am happy to read that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with our staff at Hilton Woodland Hills! It is great that we made such a positive impression. Our staff will be thrilled to read your comments! Thank you again and come back soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I enjoy my two week stay....the staff (Laura) was very friendly to all my needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Babette S, Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Thank you for your kind response about how Laura make your stay extra special. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her as she will be delighted. We appeciate your length of stay and look forward to your return! Babette Shade - Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Down to Business Hilton, no frills, with good service, large clean rooms, restaurant and attractive modern furnished lounge with plenty of large screen HD TVs and upper floor for private meetings. For HHonors members, executive lounge on 12th floor. Valet parking and shuttle service within 3 miles of hotel makes it easy to get to surrounding corporate offices and restaurants. Friendly attentive staff. Valet parking is now $19. One block to Farmers office, easily within walking distance.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the East side away from the main road for quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

XLR8TOR - Thank you for your informative review and kind comments about our staff. I am happy that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and found it easy to get to your office during your stay! I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Rosie in the Concierge Lounge is great. She makes everyone feel at home. She is so friendly and helpful. I'm away from home a lot, so it's nice to see her smiling face, and someone always so sweet. The valet's here are great and friendly, always helpful. The staff that serves breakfast and the front desk staff have all been great as well. Thanks to all of them, especially Rosie, it's easy to go back week after week.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Babette S, Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thank you for your kind response regarding the staff at our hotel. We were delighted to read of all the areas that made your stay extra special especially Rosie! It is guest such as yourself that take the time to share your experience with us and we will be sure to pass along your comments to the departments you listed. We look forward to seeing you in the near future ~
Babette Shade Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have stayed in this Hilton a few times for business and the location is perfect. It is a nice hotel and very clean. The staff is extremely friendly. Housekeeping always gets the room cleaned before I return. The internet connection is good, despite it being an additional charge. Self Parking has a daily cost of $14, just remember to provide your ticket to the front desk so they can validate it and it can be used your entire stay. I will stay here again on my next business trip to Woodland Hills.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Slickd23 – thank you for your review and kind comments about the staff and service. Our Housekeeping Manager will be thrilled to read your comments about the cleanliness of guest room and efficiency. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff. Come back soon!
Francois Khoury, General Manager