We were in town from Michigan for an extended weekend wedding. Can't say I've stayed in too many Hiltons over the years but the whole wedding party ended up staying here so I was curious to see how the hotel was.
LOCATION: It's not far from the freeway which is nice for the out of towner to not have to GPS a bazillion different streets. It's also nicely situated next to some good resturants such as the Cheesecake Factory and a brewery called BJ's. BJ's is a nice lodge like atmosphere where I watched some football at. Well worth the effort. Lettuce wraps were quite good but be careful of the spicy mustard. It will get your attention! There's a strip mall across the street but once you get away from the immediate area, the neighborhood seemed to decline a bit travelling down Canoga away from the freeway/Hilton.
PARKING: Uses a public structure so I remind you all to bring your ticket to the initial check in because I didn't and was forced to run back to the car just to leave without paying double. It seemed secure and always had an open spot on the weekend.
CHECKIN: Painless and with virtually no lineup at 2pm on a Friday. Not bad. Elevators were always quick to respond.
ROOMS: The room was modern and updated with a nice view from the 11th floor. Bed was big, cozy and plenty of pillows which I'm always a big fan of. Nice business table however finding outlets to plug in portables was quite difficult and almost seemed intentionally hidden to avoid using their electricity or something! ; ) The one major hiccup though was the AC. It was cold but it certainly made a lot of noise kicking on and would startle us repeatedly in the middle of the night. Not sure if it's a particular issue with room 1122 or just the AC generally speaking. Other than that, the rooms seemed pretty quiet. We liked having the ice and beverage machine outside our door until someone else used it in the middle of the night! LOUD. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge and perhaps they offer it but we were a block of rooms associated with the wedding so maybe they just didn't reserve that type of room.
GENERAL DECOR: Lobby is nicely decorated and the hallway floors were heavily carpeted to reduce noise which is nice.
RESTURANTS: We didn't partake but they appeared busy.
FITNESS AREA: I enjoyed the elipitical with the buit in TV monitor and the free weights were nice. It would have been nice to have some sort of chest/bench machine though. That's seems like a pretty basic ingredient to a work out area. I guess the limited space won't allow for more though so I get it.
CONCLUSION: It's a quality hotel and worth the stay. Most places have their little quirks so nothing to worry about here. The price was right and I'd come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated (2016), full-service hotel located within Warner Center in Woodland Hills. The Hilton Woodland Hills hotel offers modern amenities in the warm, Southern-California climate and is located near Los Angeles attractions including Universal Studios, The Getty Center, Malibu Beach and Hollywood. Our 330 guestrooms are BRAND NEW, spacious and sleek with wireless internet access, 37” LCD HDTV’s, and Hilton’s Serenity bedding collection, including rarely seen Double King rooms available. RUNWAY, the hotel's new restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, happy hour, fresh California cuisine, craft cocktails and local wines. The hotel is walking distance to many fine restaurants, premier shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Woodland Hills Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Hotel Woodland Hills
- Los Angeles Hilton
- Hilton Los Angeles