I have decided to write this review after my third time staying here since Jan-13. Overall Hilton hotel has always maintained a standard of excellence. I am based in Singapore and travel widely in ASIA, I had stayed in Hilton Beijing and Doubletree Shanghai just the week before I check-in to Hilton Woodland Hills. There is quantum different between the "luxury" Hilton group hotels in ASIA compare to the Hilton in N. America. There is no "tips"culture in most ASIA cities but the customer service people bent over to impress you with the service "without" expecting a tips.
I was particularly annoy with the housekeeping during my stay, as a HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to Executive floor, room 1218. Fully aware of the tips culture, I never failed to leave a couple of dollar on the bedside table for the housekeeper.
However, I kinda felt they do not deserve this additional gratuity based on the service provided, - I can quote three example here - (1) I was given a double bed room, I normally left my shirts, jackets on the additional bed, these shirts, jackets remain as messy after housekeeping makes their rounds - something unthinkable in ASIA (2) with four pillows on the bed, I had dropped one of them onto the floor, I picked it up and left it on the sofa and it remains on the sofa for the next two days ! (3) the WORST - I had accidentally left the Iron plugged into the power socket one morning, the Iron was placed upright on the bedside table, the "tips"is right beside the Iron. After I came back from a day in the office, the Iron is STILL PLUGGED IN, but the Tips has been removed! Apparently, the housekeeper is more interested in taking the money than making sure the room is SAFE.(Fire Hazard?? )
I would grade the Housekeeping 5/10, barely passing.
Fortunately, the hotel has a good concierge department, Laura from the concierge on the 14 floor has been exceptionally helpful during my stays and her achievement should be recognized if not rewarded.
I am sure I will be coming back to Hilton Woodland Hills again, not next month but probably in Jun or July. I hope the Housekeeping department would have buck-up by then. Otherwise, you can be sure my "tips" will remains in my pocket instead of the table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated (2016), full-service hotel located within Warner Center in Woodland Hills. The Hilton Woodland Hills hotel offers modern amenities in the warm, Southern-California climate and is located near Los Angeles attractions including Universal Studios, The Getty Center, Malibu Beach and Hollywood. Our 330 guestrooms are BRAND NEW, spacious and sleek with wireless internet access, 37" LCD HDTV's, and Hilton's Serenity bedding collection, including rarely seen Double King rooms available. RUNWAY, the hotel's new restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, happy hour, fresh California cuisine, craft cocktails and local wines. The hotel is walking distance to many fine restaurants, premier shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Woodland Hills Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Hotel Woodland Hills
- Los Angeles Hilton
- Hilton Los Angeles