“Trip to L.A.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Union City, United States
“Trip to L.A.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The stay was quite good. My only real problem was how loud the air conditioning was. When it was running it was hard to hear the television without turning it way up. This was a bit unsettling. The only other problem was very minor. Cleaning crew did not leave any bath towels. Desk sent someone up in just a couple of minutes once notified.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for providing us with the feedback in regards to the noise from the air conditioner in your room. We will address the issue urgently.

Thank you once again for allowing us to be your host and we look forward to your visit again.

deepak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Hebrew first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My stay at this hotel was outstanding. The staff was always helpful and accommodated your needs immediately. The hotel is located walking distance to the mall but still a ways from the mall traffic. Restaurants surrounding the hotel gave you many of options to choose from. For all you fitness fanatics, the Gym is equipped with full body pulley weight system to include dumb bells up to 50lbs. The gym also has treadmills, elliptical machines, and a stationary bike. whaaaat!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, we are thrilled to know that you like the location of our hotel and enjoyed the fitness center and interaction with our staff during your stay.

We truly appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family.

Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hilton WH is located on a busy but pleasantly landscaped busy thoroughfare (ie typical L.A. street) near the Topanga mall and not far from a Whole Foods. I have stayed in better hotels in the L.A. area, but I have stayed in much worse places. It's all about traffic and location in L.A, and if you are visiting/meeting with someone in the San Fernando Valley, you don't want to stay by the beach.

To my tired eyes, the hotel, from lobby to elevator to room and out to the parking structure, was clean and I have no complaints about the room quality. Everything seemed to work, and all traces of prior occupants had been removed. Extra points to the Hilton for stocking the room with Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. I hate it when hotels cheap out on the soap, so I was happy to see quality products in generous-sized containers.

The TOT in Woodland Hills is high, I think 15%, plus parking, plus internet. The desk clerk told us the parking charge was $17 a night, valet $19. But if you're not going to be making multiple trips in and out, you can pay a flat daily rate of $13. Which still seemed like a lot -- this was not exactly downtown anywhere -- but the $4 you save will buy you a decent espresso at the e-bar in the mall. Then there was the internet charge of $12/item, which seemed horribly steep (I belong to their club, but am a blue member, apparently the wrong color for free wifi). Since we travel with a lot of wifi-hungry toys, we could have spent $60/day just on connectivity, but my husband went to talk to the front desk and we got it for free. Charm and movie star good looks will do that for you.

I can't say this is a destination hotel -- it's just a big Hilton -- but I'd stay there again if I had a trip to the SF valley.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your encouraging review of our hotel, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly take your suggestion in regards to the Internet charges to better service our guests.

Thank you once gain for recommending us to your friends and family.

Garden Grove, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent location. Close to a shopping center and close to the major insurance carrier corporate offices! Within walking distance to an gym and several restaurants. The The rooms have large windows and great views.

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our facility, we are pleased to know that you liked your room and the view from your room. Our hotel is well located in the Woodland Hills area and all our guest room have big windows and views.

Thank you once gaain for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to your arrival soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I mean come on...no pool and you still charge your guests $17 per day in parking and $12 a day in internet charges? I could go to Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn and get the same room quality and free parking WITH a POOL I've heard for the last 3 years you would have some sort of pool availability. Yet to be seen. I arrived with 3 large bags and was obviously struggling and the valet didn't even ask me, a 5'4" petite woman, if I would like assistance. The lady checking me in was nice enough but overall the front desk was not what I'd call service-industry-friendly. Let's add this up for my 8 night stay...17.00/day parking = $136 + 11.99/day for internet= $232.00. Roughly equalling a stay at a better hotel WITH A POOL AND FREE OR COMPED PARKING. Even Marriot, a MUCH nicer and friendlier hotel Will negotiate on parking. And last time I stayed at the Marriot I got breakfast vouchers. Be warned...hilton charges you an outrageous amount for the continental breakfast. Coffee is a buck 50. Seriously?!?!!? The breakfast buffet is a mere $16. I know very few people who can eat $16 worth of breakfast food. I am a Hilton Honours member and henceforth I no longer consider it an honor to visit this Hilton. All other Hilton's I've been to, from Alaska, to Florida, to Hawaii, and Texas, have been far more accommodating, friendly and reasonable...and didn't charge nearly 20 a day for guest parking. Of everything that's the deal breaker. Never again...I wish I had not paid for my stay up front because I still have 6 days to go. -Angela Fort

Room Tip: Go somewhere with a pool and cheaper parking.
Green Features: It was lost in all the other issues such as no pool, parking charges, internet charges, buffet prices. I could care less with all these other factors putting me off.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Angela F
Deepak M, Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback as you are staying with us. We will reach out to you to have the opportunity to discuss in detail your stay and how we can make it memorable.

We look forward to connecting with you.

Baarn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was a frequent guest at the Hilton Woodland Hills, but will definitely not stay there again. Their service level and the room qualities is no longer acceptable.

When I stayed there three weeks ago the room was not clean, the most disgusting thing was that apparently someone had blown his nose in the shower curtain. Yikes!

This week I stayed again and despite the fact that my Hilton Honour guest profile specifies that I prefer rooms away from the elevator to reduce the noise, I was given a room next to the elevator and right in front of the beverage vending machine. As a result I woke up each time someone was getting a beverage or ice, both very noisy processes.

When I checked out totally tired I forgot a 100$ shirt in the closet. When I called the hotel the next day, they couldn't locate the shirt. The manager I talked to showed a very indifferent attitude and insisted they had never had a complaint about lost valuables before. Well, here's your first one then!

I will avoid this hotel in the future, especially as there is a Mariott right down the street.

3 Thank AilaAlbrecht
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. Our sincere apologies for the less than perfecxt stay with us. I would like to have an opportunity to further discuss in detail your stay, when you have a moment please call upon me.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here last month-- and was on the 11th floor sleeping when LA experienced a 4.5 earthquake. That was freaky! OMG! The building swayed and shook! Apparently the hotel was designed to withstand sizable earthquakes-- so-- good new there! I have stayed at this hotel numerous times on trips to Woodland Hills, and basically, it's comfortable. But not really designed for the business traveller. One thing I just don't understand is why, when everyone has numerous tech devices to recharge, you have to move furniture and unplug the stupid clock-radio in order to get an available outlet. (The Anza hotel, recently remodeled, has a bunch of EASILY accessible outlets on both of the nightstands. COOL.) The lobby is standard fare also, not a warm and enticing place to hang out. (The Anza, on the other hand, transformed their lobby into a cool hang out spot with a variety of seating opportunities with tables, and a Starbucks-style cafe-- where you can get a good espresso drink, good pastries, etc.). So-- bottom line-- a comfortable hotel, nothing special however, and could be significantly upgraded to make life better for business travellers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I just wnated to update you that we will be undergoing guest room, Lobby an drestaurant renovation in the very near future and have taken suggestions like yours into consideration, the new rooms will have multiple and easy access power outlets and other upgraded conveniences for travellers like you.

We hope to see you soon to experience our new rooms and facility.