“Hallmark Marriott Service”

Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
Ranked #78 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Spent July 4th weekend at Warner Center. After reservation mix up at the front desk, the staff person gave me a nice room with upgrades. Classic Marriott brand hospitality and taking care of the customer. There are other competitors in this area of the San Fernando Valley. But I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and the service is top notch. Some of previous reviews note that the building is aging, dated. But the rooms are clean, location is clsoe to Highway 101, beaches (Malibu), Simi Valley, shopping and points east and west (LAX, (downtown). The hotel staff exhibits trademark Marriott service. Friendly , courteous and professional. Room rate was very competitive.

Room Tip: Overlooking Oxnard Blvd. Room oversaw July 4th firworks in adjacent park. Awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The overall stay was average. Check-in was pleasant and the front desk staff seemed eager to please. Upon arriving at our room, we had to open the patio door to air out the moldy odor. The room was somewhat outdated including the popcorn ceilings and the bathroom was very basic. All-in-all the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but I expect a bit more of a Marriott.

We ordered dinner at the lobby bar and though service was slow (seemed understaffed) the food was very good.

The small outdoor pool area was nice and clean. There is also an indoor pool, but I thought it was somewhat humid to workout in space shared with an indoor pool.

Parking - $17 self / $22 valet per day
Internet - $12.95 per day

All of the staff and especially valet attendants were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to stay in a room that is not on the Topanga Canyon side, as the traffic...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels and own 4 weeks of Marriott vacation property so I have a chance to give what I hope is constructive feedback on the properties I like and some I find lacking.

This property is WAY OVERDUE for a remodel. It is NOT up to the standards of the Marriott brand. The quick overview: Dirty room, noisy halls, horrible internet, gray food, overpriced parking, poor value, unresponsive management.

The details:

1. How many engineers does it take to adjust the spring-hinge on auto-closing room doors? Just one and I've stayed at enough hotels that have figured out how to regulate that mechanism so don't let them blame it on fire regulations. The doors close too loudly and it resonates throughout the entire floor.

2. Paper thin walls and popcorn ceilings… so 1970! I could hear my neighbors talk at conversation levels.

3. Not a BUSINESS hotel IMHO. The internet is slower the most lowly Fairfield Inns I've ever stayed at on the road and no wired connection even though the outlets and wiring are present. Come on! This is LA, not Patagonia.

4. Old furnishing and worn chairs.

5. Bad and old grouting in the shower. Can you say YUCK factor? Not to mention the tiny black hairs on the shower walls, my hair is light brown.

6. Dusty intake HVAC grate. Nothing says poor upkeep like filth in the HVAC system. No excuse!

7. Badly smudged slider windows. Yeah kids make a mess, that's why there is maid service!! I ended up wiping down the windows with a towel. All it takes is dusty carpet covings, refrigerator tops, and smudged windows to make one feel lousy about the rest of the cleanliness (and that housekeeping management should get the can).

8. Spill stains all over the in-room dinner menu pages… come on!

9. Gray vegetables in the stir-fry, way over-cooked. Room service however was very friendly and prompt.

10. I gave management 4 days to respond to my issues and specifically asked for NO compensation, adjustment, or refund... just to raise these issues. They still have not addressed my concerns.

On the good side, the AYS folks, bell, and room service staff were friendly and helpful - the towels are nice - the balconies/views are great on high floors - the indoor pool/spa are nice!

Room Tip: High floors are best but the concierge level is not on the top floor and services are closed Fri PM...
1  Thank Kassey22000
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice hotel and location but service was not up to part. Room was very dirty with dust all over, stains on glass tables, bedding and carpet. Manager Anothony Elisi was rude and dishonest. Very disappointed in stay would have expect from a motel 6 but not a Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Grand450
WarnerCenterMarriott, Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Grand 450,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel and great location. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

I have sent you a private message for more information about your experience with our staff and the cleanliness of your room. We will address these concerns with the appropriate departments to better serve you in the future.

Best,

Natalie Terceman
Associate Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed here multiple times for business and they are always consistent. Good service, nice rooms and Starbucks opens at 5:30am on weekdays, which is wonderful. Small but nice pool area. Very comfortable and convenient location. Breakfast can be busy and they seem to be consistently understaffed in the am, so leave extra time to dine. Aside from that the staff is very accommodating and food is great as well.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel itself was very nice. Nice facilities, including pool area, and nice lounge in the lobby, and there is an indoor pool. In the lobby there is a Starbucks and a gift store adjacent to it. The rooms were of ok size and were pleasant. But it is noticeable enough to mention that the staff were strict. One example was not allowing us to order pizza for our softball team of 10 year old girls to be brought in the lobby or pool area where our girls were playing with either each other, unless we took the pizza upstairs to our individual rooms. Well half of the fun on a softball team during all - star season is enjoying the experience together as a team. I left the lobby quite frustrated that they would not accommodate us, as it was the first time we have been turned down for food by a hotel. I was on the phone canceling my order when a hotel employee approached me and made accommodations for our team to eat together. I truly appreciated what they did and it made our stay that more memorable. Lighten up Marriott, this is a nice place and allow people to enjoy it. We had twelve families occupy your hotel. But thanks for assisting me and our team. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Always clean, pleasant stay, with connecting rooms for families. Recommend the buffet breakfast. Kids enjoy the indoor pool. There's also an outdoor pool. Mall across the street has great theaters. Maggiano's has good family style food. And, there is a Macy's if you forgot or need a clothing item.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#85 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!