“2 Visits, 2 Completely Different Experiences”
Review of Terroni

Terroni
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #583 of 10,308 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Curson
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our first visit was wonderful. Our server was a delightful young man with a lot of body art. He was very attentive, funny and charming. Service was 5 stars. We ordered grilled octopus, which was probably the best in L.A. Then, we ordered the Branzino, which was de-boned, but served with head and tail. It too was delicious. We also ordered two pizzas to go. The C't Mang is a white pizza with mozzarella, gargonzola, fresh pears, walnuts, speck (smoked prosciutto) and honey...5 stars, utterly divine! The other one, San Nicola di Bari is tomato, mozzarella, Italian tuna, red onions and capers... rather bland, we wouldn't order it again.

Our second visit, must have been the night that they weren't on television. We just came in for pizza. Our server was a pretty, dark-haired woman with all the charm of a prison matron... she gets 1 star. I ordered the Peppino pizza, with tomato, garlic, grilled eggplant, zucchini, roasted red peppers and parmigiano. I asked that they leave off the zucchini. I was told that they didn't leave anything off. Strike One. I ordered San Pellegrino water. She said okay, but brought out another brand in a green bottle without bothering to tell me. Strike Two. My friend ordered San Giorgio, with tomato, mozzarella, spicy calabrese salame and fresh mushrooms. We were taking them to go and wanted to share them, so we asked her to cut each in half. She snapped that they don't do that, she grabbed a knife and fork and started sawing a small piece rather sloppily. We stopped her. Strike Three!

If I were only rating the first visit, it would have been 5 stars. But the second was such a disaster, that I reduced the overall rating.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

There's another Terroni which is located downtown @ 802 So. Spring St. Corner 8th and Spring. Been there now about a year I'm told so not sure why it doesn't show up on the TA radar but I can attest to it's quality. Personable server, we joked about the no substitution rule. Strictly enforced it seems but not in any sort of didactic manner. Pasta was fresh and the burrata delicious. Not something I have very often but glad I did. Beautiful old bank bldg. renovated w/ some modern touches that don't detract from it's origins. Valet pkg and a fair amount of foot traffic so all in all highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The classic old bank interior transformed into a sleek restaurant makes for a marvelous dining atmosphere. Equally impressive is Terroni's attempt to be authentically Italian, emphasized by the fact that they had Fellini's La Strada being projected on one of the walls. Yes, it's noisy, but not nearly as bad nearby competitor Bottega Louis.

We had appetizers and house made pastas which combined well with our wine from their regionally eclectic list of vini italiani. The perfectly al dente Sicilian spaghetti I enjoyed is an item rarelly seen on Italian-American restaurant menus, and yes, just like I had in Siracusa and Noto Sicily. Service couldn't have been better--all in all, recommended.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I work in downtown I was walking one day and saw it and said to my self should give it a Try so we did with my family we drove from la crescenta It was worth the drive it is one of the best Italian don t hesitate to give it a try

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We ate the best meal we had in Los Angeles at the Spring street branch which is in an old bank building.
There was a great buzz about the place and the staff and owner were very helpful and friendly.
it was recommended to us by a chef in LA and we took his parents to dinner there as a thankyou for their hospitality.
We had such a fun evening with loads of good food and unusual Italian dishes.
The pasta and pizza were delicious as were everything else we had.
I don't know about their other branch but this one is to be recommended highly!