“Perfect California-style pizza..”
Review of Terroni

Terroni
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #430 of 10,753 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Curson
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

On a recent trip to Los Angeles, we made our way to Terroni for dinner on a busy Saturday night - the wait for a table at this bustling Italian restaurant was fairly short (about 15 mins) but would have been worth it even if we had to wait for a half hour!

The menu is comprised mainly of pasta and pizza dishes (as you'd expect from an Italian restaurant) and all looked amazing. Pricing ranges from approximately $12-20 for a dish, but my recommendation is the pizza.. I had the Quattro Staggione which was perfect. A glass of wine will cost you around $12 and $6 for a beer.

The restaurant is busy which means it's very loud..

The service is attentive, even if they sometimes seem a little overwhelmed..

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had lunch at this restaurant and I really Enjoyed it. The charcuterie plate was phenomenal, great quality of meat and cheese. The pizza was really good and the pasta was very well prepared. I was really impressed by the staff, everybody was friendly, attentive and helpful. I will go back next time I am in LA

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fun bar with quality Italian wine list. Bartender will let you try some options before selecting a bottle. Menu is diverse, but not complicated. Pastas are great and the fish specials are usually worthwhile. East to walk in if you're patient.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Came here for last minute dinner with my love and had the pasta a limone. Amazing. Great energy and downtown crowd. menu had a ton of great offering all around.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our first visit was wonderful. Our server was a delightful young man with a lot of body art. He was very attentive, funny and charming. Service was 5 stars. We ordered grilled octopus, which was probably the best in L.A. Then, we ordered the Branzino, which was de-boned, but served with head and tail. It too was delicious. We also ordered two pizzas to go. The C't Mang is a white pizza with mozzarella, gargonzola, fresh pears, walnuts, speck (smoked prosciutto) and honey...5 stars, utterly divine! The other one, San Nicola di Bari is tomato, mozzarella, Italian tuna, red onions and capers... rather bland, we wouldn't order it again.

Our second visit, must have been the night that they weren't on television. We just came in for pizza. Our server was a pretty, dark-haired woman with all the charm of a prison matron... she gets 1 star. I ordered the Peppino pizza, with tomato, garlic, grilled eggplant, zucchini, roasted red peppers and parmigiano. I asked that they leave off the zucchini. I was told that they didn't leave anything off. Strike One. I ordered San Pellegrino water. She said okay, but brought out another brand in a green bottle without bothering to tell me. Strike Two. My friend ordered San Giorgio, with tomato, mozzarella, spicy calabrese salame and fresh mushrooms. We were taking them to go and wanted to share them, so we asked her to cut each in half. She snapped that they don't do that, she grabbed a knife and fork and started sawing a small piece rather sloppily. We stopped her. Strike Three!

If I were only rating the first visit, it would have been 5 stars. But the second was such a disaster, that I reduced the overall rating.