“Nothing fancy but exceptional service that was 'above and beyond'...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Rock Inn

Sea Rock Inn
Ranked #214 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Seoul, South Korea
“Nothing fancy but exceptional service that was 'above and beyond'...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

So I missed the last flight of the night and was stuck in LAX overnight...and it just happened to by a big convention week in town, and the night the Kings were skating for the Stanley Cup...very few rooms anywhere west of the I-5 for less than 200 bucks.

Saw this place on a Google search, gave them a call, and - since I still had my rental car - was there in a few minutes.

Mind you, the Sea Rock Inn is nothing fancy - but it was clean, available, and priced competitively for what you get - no complaints.

What knocked my socks off about this property was the professionalism and care of the night manager, Michael.

From the way he took my details on the phone, I expected a trained hotel professional - but when I arrived I was surprised to meet a young guy not more than a few years out of college.

As an airline captain, I have seen more than my share of hotels in a lifetime - but I cannot recall the last time I was impressed with the kind of friendly, attentive, and professional service that Michael afforded this late arriving guest.

Moreover, Michael gets my "Above And Beyond" award for the way he handled an - admittedly - unusual request upon my checking in that evening.

Having missed the deadline earlier that evening for delivering a large parcel to an overseas courier service, I inquired if Michael would be comfortable in taking custody and holding the parcel until the service picked it up the next day - this so I could make my re-booked flight early the next morning.

Not only did Michael immediately indicate his willingness to help, but he took care to phone the day manager that would relieve him in the morning to ensure that there would be no surprises or glitches.

Who would think that 5-star service would be available at 11pm from a 2-star motel in South Central?

If you are a potential guest considering the Seal Rock Inn, I can only offer my positive recommendation - as long as you looking for cheap and clean and nothing more, you will be OK...

...and if you happen to be the managing director of the Seal Rock Inn, I strongly suggest you consider Michael for a position of greater responsibility - or be prepared to lose him, as any large hotel - or service-oriented company - will hire this young man in a heartbeat once they see his work ethic, attentive approach, and readiness to 'go the extra mile' for his guests.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

The room was spacious with a comfortable king-size bed, smelled nice and had all the amenities for travelers that you would expect from a classical American hotel. It even had a microwave oven in addition to a desk, a big round table, chests, ironing board....

I was also impressed by the maids too. They tidied up my room asking for and taking into account my preferences.

For $58 including tax and WiFi this was an amazing value for Los Angeles.
The hotel is about half an hour drive to the Westside and less to Downtown LA. Not too bad.

It has a nice pool, which I did not use.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

So we reserved a room for a few nights and this was our first time at sea rock.. horrible just horrible.. first the exterior n building is run down I am not picky at all but when the mgmt ask u to sign a paper saying if anything is stolen jewelry money or u R injured they are not responsible..that does nothing but make you think about who enters your room and if u keep reading it says mgmt can enter anytime and without notice.. this place is in the hood and the room was dirty the sheets had a stain and the walls have black stuff everywhere.. no refunds by the way.. don't stay here I'm sure motel 6 is better

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Janesville,WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here in March 2012.will defineately return. Great value & location for $$. The room was super-clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location is quite convenient as well. The Staff, Mr.Terry is very friendly and spent a bit of time talking to me on the phone and explaining the different accommodation options, and even showed me...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I'v been staying at the sea rock for two months and I have no complaints, the staff is very freindly, i'v been more than taken care of. An employe even offored his AAA service. I'm definitely coming back again and again. Thank you sea rock inn.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank darkshackle84
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

WOW! WOW! Triple WOW! The service provided by the staff is far beyond excellent. Great information, very polite, extremely helpfull. With extra star compliments to Terry! Thank you very very much for your help and kindness.
Rooms are clean and basic. Pool is clean. Don't expect the Hilton, if you want that,...well then stay at the Hilton. But the service here for sure equals the Hilton!

Thank you for everything!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank famousgoldstrike
san jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have to say that this was the best motel I have ever stayed in ! First off, I was pleased to see that Sea Rock Inn is in a location that is safe, quiet, and convenient. The manager was very friendly, and ensured us that if we needed anything to just ask. Once we walked into the room, we were sold ! The rooms and bathrooms are clean and updated, beds were comfortable, and there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

This is a budget hotel and as such for high maintenance people who are looking to pay $60 and expect too much should stay somewhere else. I would absolutely recommend this motel to everyone and would be staying again.

name: Darrell