“Excellent location, excellent service, super clean, highly recommend.”
Review of Sea Rock Inn

Sea Rock Inn
Ranked #221 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Sea Rock Inn is the best. I'm really happy to have stayed for 3 weeks. Great value for the price. Terry was excellent, very pleasant and very helpful. I highly recommend this place to everyone, you won't be dessapointed.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Would certainly recommend.
Price is good. Location is very attractive. Spacious parking lot. There are different restaurants, casinos, convenience stores around. All the beaches of LA are also at drive by distances. Many car rental locations nearby.
Staff is very professional & helpful. Room service is excellent with an effort that is customer-oriented. Rooms are neat with a comfortable & clean bed,Cable TV & daily housekeeping.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Price is really good for what you get. Even we booked a non-smoking room, it smelled a little special, but doesn't matter. Important things were all good: Clean, Friendly Staff, Good Location! In L.A you need anyway a car, therefore the location is really good. Unfortunately the pool was always closed in the evening, so we couldn't go for a swim during our stay.
Receptionist was gorgeous, so nice, friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Hotel! :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

it is an excellent hotel which is value for money, exceptional service, the staff is very nice and friendly, I fully recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to have an access to all attractions of LA by the car within 30 min. Thank you very much again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mick K
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Ya... i agree that hotel is value for money. Anyway, i just want to share some experience i had recently.
i booked the hotel for 2 days. The first day, even though i put the sign "Do not disturb" outside of the door, there are still staff going in to switch off our air conditioner and lights when we are not around. 2nd day, we packed most of our bags in the car and going out for breakfast and i didnt check out yet (the "Do not disturb" sign still there), but when i returned to the hotel at 10am, our room door was open, 2 guys were inside our room (not sure what were they doing, definitely not room cleaning), the manager in charge came quickly towards me and said he was sorry and thought that i had left as his staff already saw me packing earlier on. He was then took my item that i left in the room to me.

Just some sharing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank adrianlau88
Reviewed 7 June 2012

So I missed the last flight of the night and was stuck in LAX overnight...and it just happened to by a big convention week in town, and the night the Kings were skating for the Stanley Cup...very few rooms anywhere west of the I-5 for less than 200 bucks.

Saw this place on a Google search, gave them a call, and - since I still had my rental car - was there in a few minutes.

Mind you, the Sea Rock Inn is nothing fancy - but it was clean, available, and priced competitively for what you get - no complaints.

What knocked my socks off about this property was the professionalism and care of the night manager, Michael.

From the way he took my details on the phone, I expected a trained hotel professional - but when I arrived I was surprised to meet a young guy not more than a few years out of college.

As an airline captain, I have seen more than my share of hotels in a lifetime - but I cannot recall the last time I was impressed with the kind of friendly, attentive, and professional service that Michael afforded this late arriving guest.

Moreover, Michael gets my "Above And Beyond" award for the way he handled an - admittedly - unusual request upon my checking in that evening.

Having missed the deadline earlier that evening for delivering a large parcel to an overseas courier service, I inquired if Michael would be comfortable in taking custody and holding the parcel until the service picked it up the next day - this so I could make my re-booked flight early the next morning.

Not only did Michael immediately indicate his willingness to help, but he took care to phone the day manager that would relieve him in the morning to ensure that there would be no surprises or glitches.

Who would think that 5-star service would be available at 11pm from a 2-star motel in South Central?

If you are a potential guest considering the Seal Rock Inn, I can only offer my positive recommendation - as long as you looking for cheap and clean and nothing more, you will be OK...

...and if you happen to be the managing director of the Seal Rock Inn, I strongly suggest you consider Michael for a position of greater responsibility - or be prepared to lose him, as any large hotel - or service-oriented company - will hire this young man in a heartbeat once they see his work ethic, attentive approach, and readiness to 'go the extra mile' for his guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The room was spacious with a comfortable king-size bed, smelled nice and had all the amenities for travelers that you would expect from a classical American hotel. It even had a microwave oven in addition to a desk, a big round table, chests, ironing board....

I was also impressed by the maids too. They tidied up my room asking for and taking into account my preferences.

For $58 including tax and WiFi this was an amazing value for Los Angeles.
The hotel is about half an hour drive to the Westside and less to Downtown LA. Not too bad.

It has a nice pool, which I did not use.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo