“Very good value for money”
Review of Sea Rock Inn

Sea Rock Inn
Ranked #215 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Parma, Italy
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The room was clean and it was quite comfortable. These are the important things to stay here and book again after two weeks around west Usa. The site is really close to the international airport so it was easy to reach it early in the morning. The value delivered is what we can expect for that price.

Room Tip: Inside 102 it was almost impossible to use the internet wifi connections, the antennas are close to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kazan, Russia
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed at Sea Rock Inn 6 or 7 times during last months, and liked the place. It's one of the cheapest motels in LA area, and it's a good choice. The rooms are basic, but pretty clean and well maintained. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Free coffee for breakfast.
Wifi is free is you book using their own website.
Don't expect anything special from this place, but if you're looking for a basic cheap motel in a short drive from LAX, it's a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IldarAkhmetov
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I recently moved to LA from Boston and stayed at Sea Rock Inn for 2 weeks. This is a clean hotel in the heart of LA and have very resonable rates. Their employees are very friendly and I enjoyed for stay at Sea Rock Inn.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dennis_s_87
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Rooms stinks , horrible lighting and the place is kinda shady . My experience was bad enough to spoil my LA visit. We could not change after check-in as most of the hotels were booked by that time and we were on plan to meet other friends in LA.

Bad experience :
- The fridge in the room was not working , we reported it next morning but no response came for next 2 days . Given we stayed there for 3 days this caused huge inconvenience.
- Our booking for from hotel.com - in booking the hotel stated to provided WIFI , but when checked IN - we were asked to pay for wifi separately .
- Rooms are stinky with bad lighting .
- Looking at the bed linens , I wast sure when it was changed last time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank CHANDRIKA G

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This motel is close to LAX, and about 1 minute drive to the nearest highway, (110). Stayed here for 8 nights in total. The rooms are clean, and have a fridge & microwave (which I didn't expect, so this is a bonus). The staff here are very friendly, and very accomodating. I managed to lock my key card in the room 4 times over the course of my stay, and the guy on reception let me back in every time without so much as a hint of annoyance. My one and only gripe, is the shower head is strangely very low. I'm not a very tall person myself, but the showerhead is as high as my shoulders. So a bit of bending over to wash your hair is a bit of an inconvenience, sure, but other than that it's really good value for what you get.

I would definitely use this motel again, as it is decently situated near the airport, about 20 mins drive (not rush hour) to downtown, about 25 mins from Long beach, and probably about 20-30 mins to Disneyland. I do not know what public transport is like around this area, so I would recommend a hire car while you are here. You get 1 free parking space per room.

There is also a swimming pool, but I did not use this while I was here.

Rated sleep quality 4/5 as there is a main road just outside, but if you get one of the rooms at the back of the property, this may not be too bad.

The wifi is $15/week which is very reasonable, and the signal is good throughout the room. I was paying $13/day at the hotel I was at the previous week, and it was far worse than what the motel provides.

If you want a no frills place to stay on a budget, this is great. If you want something super flashy, room service, valet parking etc, go stay in a Hilton!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 102Paul
Romanel, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Clean hotel, comfortable rooms, staff is very nice and friendly, good location near LAX and not far from the beaches and downtown, I will definitely go back to this hotel on my next trip to Los Angeles!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Groveland, California
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The motel is close to lax so when we arrived we could go straight to bed without the hassle of driving through half of the city. The people at the reception are very friendly and the room was clean. You even get a hair blower which is rare in this category. Probably a good idea to ask for a room downstairs. The upper ones are pretty heated up in september. Would go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple