“Average”

Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #92 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed in the executive suit, room good size, however bathroom was so small it was impossible to get dressed in there. Quiet room, bed uncomfortable, executive lounge not worth paying the extra money. Had to pay for alcoholic drinks. I would not stay here again as staff rude. Sheraton LAX is much better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Rodney H, Assistant to the Director of Rooms at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Cliff-Ange,

Thank you for bringing these points to our attention. I regret to learn that you did not find our accommodations to your liking and that there were several service issues during your stay. I sincerely apologize that we've fallen short in these regards and assure you we are addressing these points with our team. If there is anything I may be able to assist you with in the future, please let me know.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night when in town on business. The room itself was not bad, but the hallway smelled like a smoker's lounge. The location is very convenient to the airport and the lobby was nice.

My primary issue was that my credit card was billed more than my checkout statement. I used the zip check-out at 8am, and apparently someone rented 2 movies started at 9am, which charged my credit card an extra $34! I left the only room key in the room when I checked out, so it had to have been a Hilton employee sitting in the room watching movies. When I called to dispute the charge, it took a few minutes, but they did take care of it. Having said that, seeing as the only room key was inside the room, some Hilton employee is watching movies in people's rooms. Beware, and if you do stay here be sure to check the amount that's actually charged to your card.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian B

Dear Brian B,

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing these points to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the charge errors on your account and am pleased to find that our team was able to rectify the charges promptly. Rest assured, I have alerted our management team to investigate the issue to ensure this does not become a recurring problem for any of our guests. Should there be anything I may be able to assist with in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed the stay. Before the trip, I contacted Tim Gilmour for room preferences and he was good enough to give us a corner room and lounge access (probably b/c I've been Silver or Gold with HHonors each year since '03).

Service throughout the stay was nice...Smiley in the lounge was very friendly and helpful as was everyone else we encountered. The room itself was spacious - as others have noted, you do hear some airplane noise but this is perhaps expected at an airport hotel.

The pool is heated so it was nice to be able to use it even when the ambient temperature wasn't hot - the sun shines over the pool in the afternoon since it's on the SW side of the hotel (as a tip).

The hotel has a parking garage underneath - anything <30 min is free so it's a nice way to unload and check-in without having to leave the car at the valet desk. Overnight parking is $27 (you will see a sign advertising $12.50 airport parking - this has a 2 day minimum and is for folks leaving the car longer term) - valet is a little more ($34, I believe). If you need short-term parking longer than 30 min, there are street parking spots ($1/hr between 8am-8pm but no overnight parking) just north of the hotel.

They usually have lemonade and/or another drink in the lobby each afternoon. There is also a terminal to do online flight check-ins there as well. Rooms have water bottles complementary.

Internet is $12.95/day per device. Location is pretty good - there's a shuttle every 30 min to the airport terminals. As others on this have noted, the lines can be long in the mornings.

For the price, the value is pretty good...I read it's the biggest airport hotel at LAX (17 floors with a cross-shaped design) so they can perhaps afford to be competitive in this area. I heard from others that the convention area is pretty good but we didn't use any of those facilities ourselves.

Enjoyed the trip...would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floor, corner.
1  Thank Deal_H0und

Dear Deal_H0und,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to learn that you found Tim and Smiley to be helpful. I will be sure to circulate your kind comments with the team. If there is anything I may be able to assist you with, please let me know.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights, needing the convenience of being near the airport for an early flight out on our last day. The hotel lobby in particular is very nice, rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. Breakfast in the executive lounge could be improved as well as having ice water available without having to ask. I was aware of the airport noise at night (but always travel with earplugs just in case, which made it a non issue) although no one else in my room seemed bothered by it. Still in all, would stay here again for it's proximity to the airport and good rate for the location.

1  Thank Laurie S

Dear want2getaway,

Thank you for your feedback and for complimenting our lobby and guest rooms! We have also shared your comments regarding our executive lounge with our Food and Beverage team as we continue to make improvements. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Airport Hotel in Los Angeles March 13-16, 2013 for a conference. The one thing that I really liked about this hotel was how large and spacious the rooms were. They were modern, clean, and had a nice decor. I thought the bathroom shower was a little outdated relative the rest of the room, but it was still very nice. The service at the hotel was also excellent. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ndcherman

Dear ndcherman,

We are very happy to learn the you enjoyed your room and were pleased with our team's service. Should there be anything I may be able to assist with in the future, please let me know.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed one night while in transit. We had booked online in advance, at an excellent price. While check-in was a bit chaotic, everything else was fine, especially the very good Northern Italian restaurant. Very quiet in the room, comfortable bed and pillows, good TV.

1  Thank Andrew A

Dear aanders0n,

Thank you for your review! We're pleased to know that you were comfortable in your room and had a positive experience in our Andiamo Restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed there one night in February, as we wanted to be close to the airport and the rate was very good. The hotel is huge, and the parking is probably twice as big :)

We got a very nice corner room, with direct view to one of the LAX landing strips. The rooms are very well insulated, aircraft noise is not an issue. We were able to see some A380 and B777 landing into LAX, great view!

The rooms are fitted with all the amenities, including a large 46" plasma/LCD screen with many HD channels. Although very modern, the work desk can be improved, as glass is not the best surface to use a computer on. Bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower, and 2 separate sinks.

Breakfast in the HHonors lounge is below Hilton US standard, which is a pity, given the amount of foreign and business travelers from Asia/Europe. Breakfast in the main restaurant is better, with a much wider spread, but average quality of the food itself.

For the price paid (<100$/night) and room received, this was one the biggest bargains at/around LAX!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexC_RO

Dear AlexC_RO,

We are happy that you were pleased with your room, but regret to find we missed some points in regards to the breakfast. We are going over these poitns with our Food and Beverage team as we continue to make improvements. Thank you very much for your feedback! Please let me know if there is anything I may be able to assist with in the future.