“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #85 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stay at the Airport Hilton every time we visit LA. It is convenient, the rooms are great, and the staff is most helpful.m another added feature is the Hertz drop off and complimentary ride to the airport. The combination of these 2 features saves a lot if time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello Jim T,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments, and hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Assistant to the Director of Rooms I Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I loved the experience I had at Hilton LAX as I always have staying at the Hilton and I would stay there again if that's the area I want to stay in, but since it was my first time visiting California, it would not be ideal to stay here if you want to be close to Hollywood. Everything was quite a drive away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Cassandra S,

Thank you for taking the extra mile, and reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your efforts in sharing your story. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, as I am at your service.

Calif.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We live locally, but stayed two nights to attend UCLA’s Parent’s Weekend and avoid a daily 80-mile round trip. I’m usually leery of airport hotels; it’s been my experience they tend to be noisy and marginally comfortable. I also have lingering suspicions about the quality of the rooms when I make reservations through a third-party website (Orbitz in this case). But the Hilton LAX exceeded all my expectations. We arrived fairly late on a Friday night, after an exhausting day on the campus. Not just any Friday night, but the evening after the tragic shooting of a TSA officer at the airport. When we arrived, the check-in line was fairly long, with several people whose flights had been cancelled trying to find a room. The front desk staff was extremely fast, pleasant, and efficient, and we waited less than 10 minutes. I was particularly impressed when a customer in front of us, who had no reservations, asked if there was a room available. These days, most front desk representatives would simply say “no” and move on. Instead, she pointed the customer to the concierge’s station, where two more employees were helping people find rooms for the night. That kind of service is rare these days.

Our room was as impressive as the staff. It was quite large for a standard room, with a good-size desk and excellent lighting. The bathroom was sparkling clean, roomy, and well-appointed. Our room had two double beds, which were very comfortable. The hotel is literally across the street from the runway, but you would never know it from inside the room. Although I could hear the low-frequency rumble of departing jets, it was more like white noise than anything bothersome. After a long day running around Westwood, it was nice to come back to a quiet, restful room; the blackout curtains overlapped to shut out almost all outside light. It was an excellent value for $99 a night, considering the area and location.

The only caveat I would add is you have to be pretty sharp-eyed to find the self-parking entrance. The valet and main entrance is prominent from Century Bl., but you have to keep your eyes open for the small “Hilton Self-Parking” sign just past the main drive. If you need to stay near LAX, this is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from Centruy Bl--that's the side that faces the airport.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello Mstimc,

I want to thank you for such a generous review. The friday of your arrival is not one we will soon forget. I appreciate you sharing your observation of our staff during such a tragic time. Our hearts go out to those effected by the incident.

Thank you for taking your personal time to expand on your experience. We welcome you back at any time, and look forward to your return. Please contact me personally if you have any questions, comments, or concerns as I am at your service.

Best regards,
Henderson, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great location. Perfect for fly in business. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They want me to write at least 200 characters. They want me to write at least 200 characters. They want me to write at least 200 characters. They want me to write at least 200 characters.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings James S,

Thank you for taking the extra step by leaving your review! Also, thank you for writing 200 characters!

Best Regards,

chicago, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hilton always provides consistent service and clean room. But the LA Hilton had Great Service, Rooms and Food and I would recommend it to anyone who was staying one day or one month...and it is very easy to find and get too and from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Jerry F!

You are too kind! We look forward to your next visit, be it a day or month!

CalgaryAB
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here for one night but this hotel was key to getting our vacation started and it served our needs perfectly.

The shuttle from the airport picked us up promptly. It had a lot of busy traffic to get through on a Friday night, and that took some time, but there was nothing anyone could do about that. Once we finally got off the airport property, the hotel was very close by.

The public areas on the main floor are very big and they're beautiful. The hotel is large.

The deli is open 24 hours and that proved really helpful after we'd arrived and needed something, but not necessarily a big meal, to eat. It was handy in the morning for a few items as well.

The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I have not put Excellent for Sleep Quality only because there was noisy work being done in a courtyard outside our room around 8:00 in the morning. That seemed early for a hotel.

All in all, I'm very glad we chose this hotel and it would have been nice to stay longer at it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoTraveller
Hi Jo Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great reveiw! We appreciate your kind feedback! Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns as I am at your service.

Best regards,

Punta de Mita, Mexico
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here after a long flight from Tokyo (11 hours). The shuttle was convenient, but the driver seemed very distracted by all of the electronic "gadgets" that were on his dashboard. A little disconcerning! I was not the only passenger who noticed! That said, I don't believe he was a hotel employee. The front desk clerk who took care of my check-in was efficient and very friendly. My room was on the 11th floor. It was roomy and very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable, I probably could have slept for a week! My only disappointment was at the Landings bar in the lobby. The service there was horrible! Granted, I was a single woman traveling alone. I sat at a small table in the lounge area and was basically ignored for 20 minutes at which time I managed to flag down a server. I ordered a couple glasses of wine since I had been so well fed on my flight and explained to the server I was ordering 2 glasses so I could take one to my room. I also asked him to bring my check with the wine as, "I can see how busy you are". He brought my wine after another 10 minute wait, but not my check. After 30 minutes, I was ready to leave, so I asked for the check again. It was delivered in a speedy 10 minutes! As I woman traveling alone, I guess I must have been invisible. I left a tip as I didn't have correct change and I didn't want to wait again! It's a shame that this very nice property left a bad impression because of some very poor service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo