“Decent hotel for overnight stay - ordinary wifi”

Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #82 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brisbane, Australia
“Decent hotel for overnight stay - ordinary wifi”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here overnight after arriving on a late evening flight from Honolulu. Location is good… close to the Airport and the free hotel shuttle was a bonus. Check-in was smooth and pretty fast. Room looked to have been recently refurbished but if you are a light sleeper you might like to choose another hotel as the airport noise was pretty full-on. Fortunately neither hubby nor I are light sleepers so it didn't really bother us. Room decor was very fresh, exceptionally clean and nicely appointed. Buffet breakfast was decent but nothing special. Service at breakfast was exceptional and the best thing about the meal. The downside of our stay was that the Wifi was pretty awful and there was a charge for it! I hate that! It was pretty slow and dropped out spasmodically. Overall a decent hotel for an overnight stay… a bonus for us was that it is within walking distance of Budget Car Rental for pickup.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room… if there are some which are on hotel side away from airport they may be a li...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello Wilsoncm65,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest overview of your overall experience on your recent visit. As well, hope the Honolulu trip was an experience to remember as that is a very beautiful place that many people wish they could experience. A trip that the hubby and yourself hopefully enjoyed. Moving on to your feedback, thanks for highlighting the positives such as the convenient shuttles, speedy check-in and recently renovated rooms. Hopefully, the recently renovated room was much enjoyed as the rooms were just renovated in a continued effort on our end to improve many aspects of the hotel. In addition, thanks for highlighting some of the areas which need further improvement. Rest assure, the mindset we strive for is continued improvement daily so these areas of concern will be looked into and properly handled as your satisfaction is our main concern. To add about the noise comment, you are right, there are many locations in the hotel which provide a much peaceful night for those light sleepers so a room away from the airport would be highly recommended for this. However, for those airplane enthusiast, a room overlooking the airport is recommended as this provides a unique and memorable view of the airport. Finally and once more, many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit and please feel free to email me if you ever decide to visit us again via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com. Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon!

With compliments,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We overnighted here on our way home. The hotel is large with an impressive lobby. The room we had 1060 wasn't cheap but likely priced like that of similar classed hotels around LAX. The Italian restaurant looked great but the prices were more than we wanted to pay. The pizza at the Bistro was quite tasty. Frustrating to have to go into the lobby to use complimentary WiFi -- are Hiltons' the only hotels that still charge for WiFi?

Grosmont, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was revisiting this hotel after a not too successful first visit. My comments directly to them last time resulted in them asking for a second chance, and this was it.

Whilst there was nothing wrong with the actual stay, I was only treated as I would have been if the first misfortune had not happened, given that I am a Hhonors diamond member. Sorry that they could not go the extra mile to compensate my first visit, so I left feeling cheated.

The Executive lounge is handy, but not a patch on many in the Hilton chain.

For that reason alone, I will not return, but if you have to stay this close to LAX, then it is acceptable.

Room Tip: rooms with access to the executive lounge are useful.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

By airport hotel standards, the LAX Hilton is pretty good. The rooms are spacious, quiet and clean and the staff friendly. The rates are also pretty reasonable. There are the usual number of airline staff staying there and they seem to like it OK which is a good test. The shuttle to the airport leaves regularly but be careful to allow a LOT of time to get to the terminals - it's not a long distance but our trip took 45 minutes because of the gridlock. Also, if you stay here, don't use Dollar Car Rental as its a $20 taxi ride.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Muskegon
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here after a 30 hour flight within and from Australia. We were denied early check in unless we wanted to pay a $40 extra fee .We arrived at 8:AM but could not check in until 12 Noon (early check in). On the morning of our check out our toilet would not flush (no water in tank) and our shower control was so loose that it rotated independently resulting in hot scalding water flowing freely.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel and personally encountered multiple problems.

Employees were not aware even about the most essential things in the hotel, they did not know where the restaurants were located in the hotel, when they open, when and if they have a buffet ( personnel managed to give me all possible wrong and contradicting information), alarm clock awakened me at 3.30 am (I did not know it was set), shuttles are not capable to service number of guests in the hotel( I was in line but the number of guests exceeded the number of seats in the bus and I was late to the airport. I was given wrong info about the next shuttle time-it comes when it comes, no schedule, not enough transportation for the volume of guests) As a result I did not have enough sleep and I was late to the airport.

I called to the General Manager's office Grant Coonley. Next couple of days the phone call was returned. The lady offered me a complimentary night at the same hotel and was very apologetic. She told me to call the hotel back and that she will notate the system about the complimentary offer to me. I told her that I might come back around Christmas.

I called Christmas night and I asked to book my complimentary night in the hotel. I was told that they had vacancies but asked if I had the complimentary certificate or if I had anything sent to me in writing. I explained exactly was transpired. Then they informed me that I needed to talk to Jasmin. Jasmin did call me back stating that I called her at a bad time, that she was with her family preparing at home for Christmas. Then she informed me that nothing she could find in the system about my complimentary night offer. She accused me of lying. How would you like to be treated like this and to be accused of lying during Christmas!!!

Hilton LAX refused to schedule the complimentary night they themselves offered.

I talked to several front desk managers over the next couple of days. They all came up with many different ways how the person on the phone should have documented the offer, what I should have done to prove the offer was made. Clearly I have never worked in their hotel nor did have anything to do with how and where the person that offered me the complimentary night should have documented it.They treated me horribly, I was shocked. It is not enough that I had a terrible stay in their hotel, this hotel showed no regards or respect for their guest.One of the front desk managers, Chris told me straight out that I was not their guest now only before!

Please, do not believe anything that the management might fabricate in their smooth reply. There is no doubt that the customers have a right to expect a much better hotel stay.

There is no doubt that this hotel has a magnitude of problems I observed.

There is not a doubt that this hotel's employees are allowed to abuse their clients which they proved by their actions that seems to be allowed by the management of the hotel.

I called the corporate office of Hilton Hotels. i was informed that Hilton LAX is privately own but still needed to follow certain Hilton requirements. They assured me that the Hilton LAX would be contacted on my behalf and that they would need to resolve the situation. In a few days I received an e-mail from the same Jasmin who again asked me for the proof of the offer. It is like the comic book story material!

Grant Coonley, the General Manager showed again and again that he has no need or time to get personally involved into the situations with the clients of the hotel and/respond to the phone calls/messages. It is no doubt that the person who showed such indifferent attitude towards people should have not been allowed a position of leadership in this Hilton Hotel or in any other hotel where a correct human attitude to people is required. I left several messages on Mr. Coonley's phone, I left two messages with both of his assistants but no call back. I was connected to someone named Ben who is supposedly responsible for "the rooms" who continued their vicious circle of abuse asking me again for the proof of the offer.
There is only one hope here that the owners of this hotel care and read this review.

I do not think that it is worth it to support this, no guest should be subjected to such inane arguments, such circular reasoning by management like that of the Hilton LAX< Mr. Coonley and his staff.

In fairness to the front desk while there they did offer me access to the Member Lounge... it took 40 minutes for the staff there to verify the actions of the front desk. All that said all the issues with the shuttle, alarm clock, etc. occurred.

Today while still trying to reason with these people, Jasmin and Ben both told me to not call them unless I can provide the proof of the offer of one night's stay....How am I responsible for their own shortcomings and inability to follow I assume some protocols to document such issues and offers as where made to me.... They should be embarrassed by their un-professional attitude and disdain for there clientele. They will no doubt respond to this post by stating they are "just following procedures", or that it didn't happen...believe me I would not waste my time or yours to relate this saga if it had not happened. I made multiple contacts, giving this hotel many chances to resolve their problems and only after being told to not call anymore have I resorted to this review post.

Inna O

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, too many potential problems
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank inna o
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here two nights last week. Its a good hotel near LAX and good for if you have an early flight out in the morning. Room and lobby are good. You will definitely hear the planes taking off inside your room. The only issue i had was that parking my car there for 24 hrs is $27 which i think is a bit high. Here is a free airport shuttle that takes you to LAX in about 10 minutes. I was disappointed to find the restaurant closed at 930 pm on a saturday night. Instead was able to eat at the bar/lounge which had decent food/service. Overall not bad considering the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo