“Bad lounge customer service!”

Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #82 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Arkansas
“Bad lounge customer service!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I went to the bar to order dinner to go. I went straight to my room after getting my order. When I got to my room I discovered that I was given different vegetables than what the menu said. (Big whole onions) I called and they said they would bring me the correct veggie. I started to eat the chicken and it was cold. I called back and asked if I could have a sandwich instead because the chicken was cold. I was told no because they normally don't give orders to go from the lounge and they were already bringing me my veggie. Keep in mind that the veggie they are bringing me is what was stated in the menu and I should have been given it in the first place. So, I had a cold dinner for $30. Very disappointing and very bad customer service!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank firebird_01
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Hello Adgoods,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide your honest feedback as this is very much appreciated from all of us. You as a guest and as a person paying for some type of service should always receive what they are expecting. Please excuse the inconvenience that was caused from the previous visit. You are absolutely right in being upset and as well know that this will be further looked into by us. An adjustment will be made and know that something like this is never to happen again. Furthermore, thank you once again for highlighting the aspects which need improvement as we are always open to hearing honest feedback as this allows us to focus on specific aspects and improve. Finally, if you ever decide to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly at Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so we can go over ways that can make up for this last experience. Many thanks once again for providing your honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

With compliments,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights at this hotel. Usually when we visit Los Angeles we stay in the LAX area as LAX is very conveniently located to visit the Los Angeles area as well as Venice or Beverly Hills. For this time we wanted to check out the LAX Hilton.
That was a mistake!
The LAX Hilton was very disappointing:
• As Hilton Honours members there was no special welcome.
• The room was decorated very luxury but there was a large stain on the carpet which gave the room a worn impression
• We couldn’t wash our hands in the sink; there came no water out of the sink faucet!
• We couldn’t flush the toilet; also no water!
We complained the next morning at the reception desk and they guaranteed that they would repair the sink and toilet immediately. When we came back from LA late that night nothing was fixed!
As we wanted to leave early the next morning we decided not to ask for an immediate repair, as we wanted to go to sleep.
Meanwhile this meant that during our total stay we had to go to the lobby restrooms, as our own toilet didn’t flush.
When we checked-out we complained that they didn’t repair the sink faucet and toilet. First the desk clerk didn’t react properly, he didn’t bother and so we had to raise our voices to come to a gesture for all our inconvenience: he offered 1 night free parking.
What a joke!
We will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Johanna62
Hello Johanna62,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide your honest feedback on your recent visit to our property. Your words are truly appreciated and as well valued so thank you once again for being honest. This allows us as a property to see what aspects need immediate attention and please know that this matter will be immediately confronted as well solved. If you feel a second chance is deserved sometime in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly at Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as we would appreciate another opportunity to truly demonstrate you the wonderful benefits that come with visiting our property. We promise to do our very best to hopefully meet and exceed all your expectations if the opportunity presents itself. Finally, once more, thank you kindly for your honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with my mom on the last night of our vacation before flying home. I actually really enjoyed this hotel and it felt very luxurious! The lobby is really nice and the staff are friendly. Rooms were great as well and beds were comfortable.

There is a free shuttle that takes you to and from the airport, and there are rental car locations within walking distance of the hotel!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hello Stephcaines,

Many thanks for all of us here at Hilton LAX for this very kind and honest comments you decided to write about our property. As well, thanks for highlighting the luxury setting that is provided by the property along with the friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. Along with the comfort provided by these rooms, did you notice the views that come with some of these rooms? They are definitely amazing as these views provide unique shots of Los Angeles and as well the airport. The views provided are definitely huge perks that come with visiting our property so hopefully you got to experience some of this. If you or your mother are ever in town and decide to visit, please feel free to contact me at Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so all your expected accommodations can be made according to your expectations. Finally, once again, thank you for your kind words and hope all is well for you in Calgary. Hope to hear from you soon and as well hope you have a great day.

Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A good Airport hotel with a good shuttle system. Check in professional. Hotel is used by several asian airliners for their staff. Rooms viewing the airport have some noise. Breakfast is reasonable but limited. But as stopover hotel a good choice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Torugbene,

Thank you for taking some time out of your schedule to write about your recent visit to our property. Your time is very much valued and as well appreciate so once again thank you from all us here at Hilton LAX. Furthermore, thanks for your kind words regarding our convenient shuttle system, efficient check-in and as well the overall convenience that is provided with making Hilton LAX the hotel of choice. In reference to the noise, there are a few options in the hotel which provide a much quieter nights sleep which hopefully you can experience for your next visit. As well, thank for bringing up to comments about the breakfast as this allows us to see areas which need enhancement. In an effort to provide only the best for visiting guest, this aspect of the property will be looked further into and improved so thank you for highlighting this. Finally, if you are ever decide to visit Los Angeles again and our hotel in particular, please feel free to contact me directly at Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so you can inform me of any particular accommodations in order to secure an excellent experience for you. Hope to hear from you soon and as well hope you have a great day!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had a flight that was arriving very late at LAX, so decided to book a room here for the night. Upon exiting the terminal, I spotted the shuttle within 2-3 minutes which was a good start. For check-in there was a short lineup, but nothing major.

The room was comfortable and did the job for the less than 10h I spent here. I noted lots of airlines crews, which I am going to assume is a good sign.

Is I had an early flight or overnight connection, would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hello Roombaguy,

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to provide feedback about your recent visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and as well valued so many thanks from all us here at Hilton LAX. As well, it is great to see that your stay at our property turned out excellent and hope to see you visiting us again sometime in the near future. Furthermore, thanks for highlighting some of the positives that come with being a Hilton LAX guest such as the speedy shuttle, efficient check-in process and the comfortable rooms. The convenience of the property is definitely a favorite for many as you've noticed with some of the returning airline crews so many thanks for noticing the good signs. Moving forward, if you are ever back in town and decide to give us another visit, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so you can inform me as to any accommodations you would like see be made for that visit. Once more, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here back in March and hotel has a 24 hour free shuttle to/from LAX airport.

Hotel has a very nice resteraunt and there is also a few resteraunts in the area.

Even though it is very close to the airport you don't hear the planes due to the hotels great triple glazing.

Very comfortable rooms which are very spacy.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John C
Hello Johnacoles,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment about your most recent stay at our property. Your kind words and honesty are truly appreciated by all of us here at Hilton LAX so thank you once again. As well, thanks for highlighting a few of the many features that come with being a Hilton LAX guest such as the convenient shuttle, delicious restaurant options and as well the spacious and noise-free rooms. Much pride is taken by us to meet every guests needs so glad to see that your expectations were met and hopefully exceeded. If you are ever in town and decide to give us another visit, please feel free to email me directly via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so you can advise me of what accommodations you would like see be made prior to arriving. Finally and once again, thank you for your kind words and hope to hear from you soon!

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had another very satisfactory stay. Lovely food in the bar and efficient transfer to the airport. Quiet rooms, especially if you ask for a room that faces away from the airport itself. Good gym, quite nice area with a swimming pool considering where the hotel actually is.

Room Tip: Request one facing away from the airport