“great service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
Ranked #114 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pros: Good price; there is a restaurant on-site which we took advantage of - average food, but it was getting late and we didn't want to leave the hotel; there was an issue with bedding, which was handled promptly; we slept well each night; wifi worked well; friendly staff; McDonald's is very close walking distance if you want a snack or meal.

Cons: We stayed in a suite which has a door to close it off from the "living room", yet no fabric on glass windows so you can actually have some privacy (so no reason for even having the door); elevators are slow & dated; breakfast lacked when compared to other La Quintas (for example, no fresh waffles, no bagels, very small yogurt cups they portioned out in only one flavor, no coffee lids that you can sip from)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Crestline, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I won this hotel on Priceline for $75.00. We stayed here overnight before a mid morning flight the next day. I asked and received a room facing north, away from the busy Century Blvd street. It was a clear day today, and out the window, way out in the distance, I was able to see the Hollywood sign! Amazing clear LA day! I could see airplanes land, but, never once did I hear any jet noise! The walls and windows, are insulated from the noise very well.

I found the staff nice and friendly. The TV had plenty of channels to choose from. The free Wi-Fi worked well. You have in and out parking privileges, just use your room key, to exit the parking lot. The bed was very comfortable, as well as the pillows. The shower provided plenty of hot water.

The only con I would say, is avoid the free breakfast! It was Nasty! The waffles tasted like reheated frozen waffles, yet, they were cold. Also said for the scrambled eggs, cold. There is not much else to choose from. The oatmeal looked like slop. Your better off walking to the nearby McDonalds for breakfast. Overall, we slept very well here, and I would highly recommend this hotel the next time I'm at LAX!

Room Tip: Pick a room facing north. Cool to watch the airplanes land, without hearing any jet noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We chose this hotel because it was close to LAX and wanted to avoid traffic problems with getting to the airport on time. Everything went well in that respect. The hotel was quiet, pleasant, clean and close to the terminal. We took a cab to the airport to save the time waiting for the free shuttle and left our car at the hotel. The fare was $8. That worked well. We decided to save time again and take a cab to get back to the hotel when we returned and got a very rude driver who told us our fare was not worth his trouble and we should be on the free shuttle rather than paying the minimum fare ($19) he was required to charge. That was no fault of the hotel but something I would have appreciated knowing in advance so am including it in this review..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here from Nov 6 to Nov 8.

My earlier review saluted the hotel's good breakfasts, wonderful beds, we'll appointed rooms and above 3 star appointments. Oh and reliable WiFi. All of these elements remain.

This time my time at the hotel suffered due to disinterest by one of the front desk staff, Elizabeth. a
At 0845 on Nov 7 I bought a bus ticket for the Tourist Bus (called "Ocean Express") for $5 from her. This bus takes you to two good shopping malls that would cost no less than $50 by cabs.

I knew from the timetable and she confirmed the bus comes at 9am.

I waited from 0850 until 0940 thinking there may be a delay on account of traffic and returned inside the lobby to ask her what she thought of a possible delay.

Her reaction seemed like I was imposing on her with my question.

Frankie, another front desk person, jumped into action saying that near LAX there was a major accident "on all the news reports" and that he will call the company to see when the bus is expected.

Lo and behold, he was told the first bus will arrive at 11am and if the traffic jams persists, it will arrive at noon.

Thanks to Elizabeth's inattention to detail, I lost 45 mins that day and had to reorganise the one FULL day I had in LA.

While I am returning to LA at the end of this week, I will not blindly book the La Quinta. Given my experience, I will check out other hotel sites, hoping they don't have an "Elizabeth" on their staff.

One more thing. Kudos to Lorenza for a quick, effortless and professional check in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Corridors and public areas could do with a little sprucing-up, but room was fine. Efficient shuttle to LAX (10-15 minutes). MacDonalds and Subway in same block, plus Holiday Inn next door with pleasant bar and restaurant (those in the La Quinta are rather lacking in character!). Overall, good for an overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX? Share your experiences!