“Ehh”

Ranked #112 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Bernardino, California
“Ehh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

It'll do if you need a place to stay. We stayed two nights. If you plan on showing up late, don't bother making a reservation. They give it away. But I'm pretty sure if you don't show up they will have no problem charging you. The girl at the front desk was very rude and told us it was our fault our room was given away because we showed up late even though I called several hours earlier to let them know I was coming late, and they told me no problem. She gave us a really small room for two adults and two young children. no roll away available at the time. She told us she could give us two separate rooms but we didn't want to do that. We were able to trade for a double room the next morning, but we had to wait an hour longer than they told us. Parking is a joke even though they charge you fifteen a day to park. Spots are small and hard to find, and they like to wrap caution tape blocking several spots for apparently no reason. Breakfast is ok. not many choices, absolutely no meat. Plain scrambled eggs, small waffles, oatmeal, toast, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, apple juice, milk and coffee with plain half and half or non dairy creamer. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Maintenance seems to be a little off. Towel rack was obviously repaired, poorly and lopsided. the metal covering on the faucet in the shower was loose. The drain plug in the tub was old and didn't work, so no bathes. The air in our second room kept turning off when it got to the right temp but wouldn't turn itself back on to keep it cool. We had to keep fiddling with it. At checkout the guy at the front desk was really nice and understanding. He asked how our stay was. When we told him, he gave us half off our first night and removed the parking charges. We felt so much better after talking to him.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Heather B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and travelled from India with family. Value for money hotel and parking is really convenient here. Considering its near LAX Airport, parking is below the hotel and thats helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Restaurant is good too. And in case you want to eat out, there are plenty of fast food joints in adjacent blocks.

Hop-on-hop-off starts in front of the hotel and for tourists that's surely a very good. If you are staying near LAX, staying in the hotel makes lot of sense. I realised, ideally, one visiting Los Angeles should stay in Santa Monica/Hollywood area but good hotels in those areas are surely costly.

Room Tip: No particular side but corner rooms are surely better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tehachapi, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is the second time that we've stayed here. The first time was six years ago. We had a one-bdrm suite. I like the fact that it had a separate bedroom. What I didn't care for was that the door separating the two rooms was glass which doesn't leave much for privacy. Also, in our room, a few of the outlets didn't hold our chargers into the wall. They kept falling out. The hotel had a small bar, pool, wifi, free parking and breakfast. Breakfast consisted of mini waffles, eggs, mini muffins, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruits, yogurt and juices. There are several fast food places nearby and a sit down restaurant at the Westin Hotel. It was a little pricey but very good. Overall it isn't bad if only staying for a short time.

Room Tip: Noisy next to the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Longmont, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had never ever been to california before so i did not know what i was getting myself into when i reserved 4 nights at la quinta LAX.I arrived to La Quinta from Las vegas after staying 3 Nights at the Bellagio and felt depressed when i got there.Rooms are very tiny and the entire hotel had a horrible smell, and to throw salt on the wound The rooms have sealed windows and my tv didnt work.I called some people up for maintenance and they did not speak much english.By that time i was just tired and wanted to have some sleep so i had to stay in that room.The carpet is old and doors are old as well. The pool is cold and the water is salty.I did not see one person at the pool during my stay so it was kind of creepy.There is nothing to do around there, only a bunch of bail bond offices up front and a Mcdonalds next door. I was charged over $600.00 to stay at this hotel at the end! There were hidden costs that i was never told about while at check in. $15 For parking a day? Really? My family and I were very unsatisfied and knew we had made a very poor choice. We could have stayed in Bellagio Las Vegas for the same amount of nights for the same price i was charged at la Quinta.First and last time i will ever stay here.This hotel is very old and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Very Very poor hotel. I guess I will think about Vegas again for my next trip, didnt have a pleasant stay in La Quinta LAX. Wayyyy OVERPRICED. Holliday Inn next door looks better, but the area is bad,very ghetto and nothing to do unless you're willing to spend every day at mcdonalds.i drove for about an hour and a half to Hollywood, it was great, i loved hollywood. I hated the fact that I had to drive back to this very old area Hotel with nothing to do but sleep.

• Stayed July 2014
Scottsdale, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Upon arrival for a 7 night stay I was told there would be a $15.00 per day charge per day to park!! What a surprise and what a rip off. What hotel charges you to park? Plus the noise from the rear is unbearable at times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Santa Clarita, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel. My room was clean and did not have a funky smell. I slept very comfortably. Walking distance to near by restaurants for dinner or breakfast. I will consider coming here again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX? Share your experiences!