“Good value for price with friendly staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Ranked #229 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Very nice, helpful, friendly staff. Stayed on top floor of hotel. Top floor was a newly renovated studio with kitchenette and full refrigerator, and very nice. Room a new leather reclining arm chair with foot rest, 2 desks with mesh back chairs, and a 32 inch LG flat screen TV. I requested the top floor away from traffic -which increased the room price by $5 per night, but was well worth it. I never heard the people in the rooms next to and adjacent to my room, which was a big plus, nor did I really hear any noise from the parking lot. I ate almost all my meals at the hotel, and the Take & Go breakfast of an orange (or apple), cinnamon granola bar, muffin, oatemal and coffee was a pretty good deal. Staying a 7th day gave me the weekly rate which made it cheaper than staying 6 days at the regular rate. The quality of the room, halls, lobby, and building was a great value. There was even a rolling pull cart which you can use to load up your things from your car or room.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor on the quietest side of the hotel, if available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Tom - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated rooms as well as grab-and-go breakfast. It is really rewarding to know that all of our updates are truly being enjoyed by guests like yourself!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have stayed here twice because i have a conference in the area twice a year for work. The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. They always try to go the extra mile for me and my co workers, so i have no complaints in that department. Its an inexpensive place to stay and we were near the airport, the beaches, some malls and many places to eat. The rooms do need to be updated a little but they were clean and neat and spacious and we just needed a place to sleep because most of the time we were in our conference or out sightseeing. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. I would come back. Now if they had a pool that would be even better but the beach isnt too far.

Room Tip: corner rooms have more windows which brings in more light to the room. But they do have black out c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This hotel had 2 of the things I look for.( 1) is great customer service, my check in experience was excellent. The staff was very friendly, they made me feel welcome. (2) the cleanliness of the room, I was impressed... I thought that for being a 2-3 star hotel and the rate being so afortable I was going to get a small room, but I was pretty surprised when I checked in to my room... It was just the right size and best of all the cleanliness of the room was great. I would definitely come back:)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the property. I'm thrilled that you were pleased with our staff and the hotel. We are aware that you have many hotels to choose from. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Let me preface by saying that when travelling I usually stay in these types of 2-3* hotels so my review is based on comparing this Extended stay with others in the same category, even extended stays in other states.
Pros: Room was large, neat and clean. Everything was in working order, didn't have any problems with the appliances or fixtures (except window - see cons). Location was awesome, located close to a couple of malls, close to the fwy, only 10 mins to the airport, and there was a diner next door that served good food. Wi-Fi was decent although I got the impression they throttled it down (compared to wifis in other hotels) so you would upgrade to their "hi speed" package (extra charge). Nice big window which let in lots of natural light during the day. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Cons: Couldn't open/close the aforementioned windows so I had 1 fully closed window and 1 1/4 opened window for my duration. Small amount of Rust and stains on the kitchen countertop and bathtub. First hotel I've been to in about 15 years that didn't offer a wakeup call service. Extension number listed on the inroom phone was incorrect, had to ask receptionist for correct one. Hotel was pet friendly so in certain hallway areas there was a distinctly animal smell.
All in all I would rank it below average for this level of hotel, however, given that all other hotels in this area are approx. $30 more per night I think this hotel represents good value if all you're looking for is a bed to stay in a decent area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, and friendly staff. It's great that you recognized, took advantage of and enjoy our location with its easy access to many convenient venues. I am sorry to hear about your windows not being able to open and close or the phone extensions being incorrect. I am getting together with our maintenance department to make sure we correct these issues to ensure that they do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. The other issues you mentioned should be taken care of with our upcoming Upgrade to our rooms this summer. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lax@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Daytime not bad window lighting, but awful out-dated cheap knock-off of knock-off lamps with harsh fluorescent bulbs with a green-yellow tinge. No shampoo or lotion, just bar soaps. A faint urine odor persisted near the bed, but couldn't locate it exactly. Windows were very tight and stiff and required a Herculean effort to open. Staff were all nice and friendly. At night, I had to arrange the blackout curtains perfectly so that the screechy self-storage security street lights next door didn't wake me up all night. Even then, there were at least 3 or 4 gadgets like smoke detectors and such that had little bright indicator lights that glowed through the night - they could have been placed better. Bathtub faucet dripped. Water filter on the kitchen tap was a nice touch though. Utensil drawer was scary and unevenly stocked. No closet, just a corner area with the cheapest possible wire rack with 3 (three) hangers on it! Also, many hotels should stop using the magnetic cards with the Pizza Hut ad on them, because I always think that the pointy red hat indicates the direction of the card placement on the door lock!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a different room right away before investing too much time unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not completely enjoy your stay here with us. In response to your feedback, I am pleased to let you know that the hotel will be going through a full upgrade late April to early July of this year. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate honest and helpful suggestions. I invite you to contact me at lax@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I wanted to book a room in the LA area for less than $75 so I went on Hotwire and booked the two star room that was $72 ($90 after taxes and Hotwire fees) despite the fact that only 50% of the people on Hotwire would recommend it. I was expecting a dump based on the reviews and I was pleasantly surprised. Any hotel that has a full kitchen, free internet, free continental and free parking I tend to give more weight to. Most "high quality" hotels charge for parking and internet and do not offer a breakfast. And those same "high quality" hotels charge an arm and a leg and get great reviews while the budget hotels do not over charge for these items and they get bad reviews. This hotel does not have frills. There is no shampoo and no body soap but there is hand soap without a soap dish. There is a full kitchen with dishes and silverware, a very small breakfast. I do not think they clean daily if you stay 2-6 nights but you can exchange your towels at the front. In all I have to weight the price with the quality. If I had paid this price in some cities I would expect full service. Since I am in LA, I cannot expect the best if I am only paying $90. I would recommend this place as long as the total does not go over $90 per night.

Room Tip: The breakfast is very small but it will keep you from starving! They do not provide shampoo or any e...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanierich12
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

As one very unhelpful lady at the front desk said, " Uh, sorry, this is a no-frills Extended Stay." She wasn't kidding. This place is not only no frills amenities-wise. The staff has quite the no-frills, hands-off attitude as well.

Upon arrival, the lobby smelled due to the adjacent trash room. The staff was very rude too. I wasn't greeted or even acknowledged when I walked up to the front desk. I arrived at 4:00, one hour after check-in begins, yet I had to wait 40 minutes while my room was being cleaned up. It's true this hotel is inexpensive compared to some other hotels in the area, but it's still costly enough where customers shouldn't be made to waste the time they are paying for.

At one point, I asked the same unhelpful lady if there was any herbal tea available. She said she might have one in her purse but otherwise no--a strange and unprofessional response. The next morning, guess what, there was tea downstairs.

Customer service is in the details and the staff here obviously doesn't understand that. If you are looking for a reasonably priced room with a full-sized kitchen, this is an adequate option. Be prepared when you get here though. You might start to miss those "frills" pretty quick, like, oh I don't know, eye contact from the staff. If you want good service, you'll have to pay for it elsewhere.

One more thing: the facility is a bit old and I found an odd stain beneath my coffee maker.

Room Tip: If you're going to cook, be careful. The smoke alarms are super sensitive.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fernandita4
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait for your room upon check in and that my staff and I did not do more to make it right. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being retrained in customer service so that we go above and beyond each time. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lax@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#8 of 8 in Culver City
Ramada Culver City
Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport? Share your experiences!