Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Ranked #54 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very comfortable room but no refrigerator... I only care because I have to keep my insulin cool. It was very odd considering all of the other amenities that this hotel has.

There is a wonderful little spot downstairs to order pizza, pasta or something else. This was perfect for us because we did not get there until 9pm and certainly did not want to go out again.

Bed was very comfortable. A/C was pretty good. The shuttle ran every "15-20 minutes" with no set schedule. That was frustrating since you never really know if they shuttle just left or if it will be there any minute. From the airport, we waited for the shuttle for about 30 minutes. At 5am, we waited about 25 minutes and, once it showed up, everyone who had just come downstairs pushed right to the front of the pack to get on it. It was so crowded that people were standing, so this really frustrated me that people were so inconsiderate.

I found a killer price on a popular travel website and would absolutely staff at this hotel again. It was very comfortable and the service was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul1132, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and the services we offer. Thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza LAX and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Paul Gibbs

Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed at this location many times ...
During this visit in January of 2014, there was a lot of construction in the lobby.
There were signs explaining and apologizing. There was not dust or debris.
There were temporary lounge and dining areas that were enclosed with nice tents.
Everyone was helpful to direct you where to go.
The rooms in this hotel are clean and the decor is nice.
The bathroom counter top was large ... the toiletries are always nice.
I will definitely stay here again.
: -)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

So glad to hear that you are continuing to enjoy the hotel and the services we offer. We are now completely renovated in all ares. Thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you again on your next trip to LA!!

best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have stayed here twice. The start and end of a motor coach tour with American Tours International ( through Virgin Atlantic).
Hotel is nice. Wifi is okay but pricey at €14.95 for 24 hours especially as almost every hotel on our tour had FREE wifi. However, nice guy on reception, no names don't want to get him in trouble, gave me the code so I could access it free. My husband accidentally ( couldn't see what he was doing in the sun light) connected to the pay one. However we booked a late check out room as our flight was 10pm and when we went to pay for it the desk clerk said if we became Crowne Plaza members he would remove the charge....which he did. Late checkout room cost $50 till 6pm which we thought was a decent price. However, I had to complain as there was no hot water at 4.30pm - frankly the whole point was to have a hot bath before the long haul back to the UK. I called the operator, complained and she sent an engineer to the room. Didn't help me as I had already endured the cold bath and I didn't have time ( or the inclination) to have a second one. Anyway, the engineer was nice, came within 10 minutes and agreed the water wasn't hot enough and said he would adjust something downstairs to make it better.....hope it's good for the next guests.
The hotelsports bar is a great place to gather. Good service and decent snack food like pizza. We had a great last night in there with others from our tour.
The pool is very small, only a few sunbeds but there did seem to be enough as it is not well used. Pool used mostly by kids and not many adults bothered to sunbathe so if it's your bag ( and it is ours) you will probably find a bed or two when you want one. Sun is limited to the afternoon as it is sheltered by high buildings. Good between about 2pm and 6pm.
All in all a nice hotel and I would recommend it.....even though we had the hot water issue and were a little miffed that - that is what we paid the extra $50 dollars for a hot bath and somewhere to change prior to leaving.

Room Tip: Think one room is as good as the next.....it's near the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you overall, but also where we can improve. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I just stayed here for 1 night to allow for a connection between flights. As soon as we stepped out of the United Airlines Terminal the Crowne Plaza shuttle bus pulled up and we were checking-in at the hotel within 5 minutes - the shuttle bus we were in only served the Crowne Plaza so we did not have to deal with any other hotels along the way. All the staff at the hotel were professional and friendly and the room was much better than we expected. The bed was so comfortable and the room looked very modern and fresh. The room and bathroom were clean. You can hear aircraft noise as the hotel is close to the runways at LAX but then again you can also hear the same noises at other hotels in the area. The food offered in the hotel is very good however there is also a subway just a 5 minute walk away or you can walk to the legendary In-N-Out Burger and watch the planes pass just a hundred feet above your head. The only concern was that the vending machine on our level ran out of water and charged our credit card multiple times in error but this seems to be sorted out. Overall, this is the best value for money hotel in the LAX Airport area and we will stay here again. This hotel would also be good for anybody interested in watching planes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The777Man
Paul1132, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport. We truly appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is as close to the airport and Budget rental car as you can get. Our room was clean and looked like it has been renovated fairly recently. The lobby was under renovation.
On the other hand, the parking setup requires you to take an elevator ride down to ground level, walk across the street to the hotel, and then take another elevator up to your room. This can be annoying with small children and lots of stuff. Also, we previously stayed at another nearby hotel where you could not hear any outside noise. At this hotel however, not only could you hear the airplanes, but on the sixth floor, I could hear people at street level. The windows are made to open, but they do not seal well, so if you need quiet to sleep, avoid this hotel.
Finally, I was surprised to find a broken water glass was left for us to use one day, and there is no complementary coffee in the lobby, which most hotels now offer.
Overall, I would stay here again for one night before or after a flight, if it were the cheapest option near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank z28colt

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location is really close to LAX airport, which is very convenient. But, I didn't realize it is so close to the runway and the jet engine noise during takeoff won't quiet down till pass midnight. I stayed in a room with window facing southeast. I am not sure if rooms on the other side of hallway would be better.
If you are renting a car, don't stay at this hotel. There is a parking fee.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank muersen
Paul1132, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments and I am happy that you generally enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza LAX.

Next time request a lower odd-numbered room and we will do our best to honor that request. That side of the hotel tends to be a little quieter.

Regarding your comments on parking, I assure you that these charges are competitive among our local hotels here at LAX. As you might imagine, parking is tight around the area due to the airport location and we do not own the parking structure that services the hotel.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Los Angeles area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

For my first stay at this hotel, I was very satisfied. Upon checking in I was offered a late check out and beverage coupon from a friendly and courteous staff member as my stay didn't qualify for IHG points. That was a pleasant surprise. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was great. The workout room was accessible with plenty of options. I was a little disappointed with the pool as it is small and located in mostly afternoon shade. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanie L
Paul1132, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014