Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
Ranked #125 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
La Grange Park, Illinois
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

+ No one was ever in the hot tub/ workout area. Great attentive staff. Plenty of free breakfast selections. Close to the highway. Typical urban area. I travelled with two small children and felt safe, but it may not look that way from the outside. Refrigerator in room.
- Wifi was spotty. They had several different ones and sometimes couldn't get it to work. Hallway roof leaked and they didn't seem in a hurry to fix. No microwave in room.
I paid a much lower rate than usually advertised which made this room seem like an excellent deal. If I had paid $200 a night it might not have seemed that way.

Room Tip: Wifi seems to work better on lower floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was a little cautious when I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read regarding its location, but my concerns were quickly alleviated when I arrived and met the staff. This is a great hotel, and if you're in town on business or vacation, it's a quick shuttle ride to the convention center, Staples Center, Nokia, and conference hotels. The front desk is especially helpful, and every single staff member that I encountered was exceptional. Kudos to this general manager, Xavier, for assembling such a strong team. Walter was extremely helpful, and Danny and Juan made sure I got where I needed to be and back again without fail.

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and safe. I would absolutely stay with this team again. Thank you for making it possible to unwind and get some much needed rest during my busy visit to L.A!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DonVB
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had the best stay ever. Front desk staff were very helpful and attentive to all my need.Specially Aida she was great and very professional at all times.Breakfast was delicious and not mentioned the free shuttle was very convenience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed on night on points for the location near he staples center for a concert. As I approached the hotel at 3:00 pm to check in, I was nervous. The area seemed a bit rough and run down. However once inside the hotel the staff was friendly and helpful. They informed us of a free shuttle service to LA LIVE ( staples center) and that was a complete bonus. The room was huge and beautiful. I never left the hotel and my daughter and her friend took the shuttle, and I called in for food, as I wouldn't recommend walking or even driving In the neighborhood if unfamiliar. The shuttle service, manager, housekeeping; everyone we encountered was professional and friendly. The kicker was after I checked out and was home, I realized I had left an antique and sentimental ring in the room. I feared the worst. However, the kind and friendly housekeeping staff that greeted us as we left our room turned in my ring. They locked it in a safe and now are sending it to me! Not only was the staff everything listed above, they were ethical! So happy to have honest and trustworthy people working in a hotel. Awesome staff, just awesome!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was nice but it was located in a place where all the small vendors in the market were. It was scary to walk at night. In fairness, the room was clean. Typical of any holiday inn express hotel. Satisfied but was hoping I could walk to the better part of downtown

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank trixmac
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was upgraded on arrival to a suite, it is spacious but the decorations is very dull (all brown) and kinda dim. The suite was clean and the staff was nice but the hotel location is not so good. The area is not that clean and nothing to see or do around and even restaurants are scarce and close at 9pm. Breakfast is limited but ok and they provide free parking

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear telerian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with our location and your room accommodation. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Location may seem rough but community and convenience is top notch. Food of all cultures to be found just around the corner. Staff are very helpful and there is a shuttle service that is available on call to anywhere you wish within 4 miles.
There's free breakfast before 9 and the food quality is more than decent.
Highly recommend to anyone looking for a cheap and quality hotel near the downtown area and city centre.

Banberry