Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$319
US$284
US$259
US$235
US$497
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$591
US$463
US$174
US$138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$451
US$320
US$245
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstaples centercomplimentary transportationhotel vanfree breakfastconvention centerpurple linehi expressmile radiussleep qualitywithin milesthe shuttle driversubway stationhot tubthe breakfast areafitness roomtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I chose this hotel as I needed a suite to share with another family in the downtown area. The room was very large and had two queen beds and a queen sofa bed. Even with the sofa bed open, there was a ton of space left. The kitchenette included a fridge and a microwave oven. On the negative side, there was no door or even a real partition between the area with the queen beds and the adjacent room with the sofa bed so there was no privacy. The continental buffet breakfast was included and definitely a plus. We were told by the cab driver not to walk around the hotel at night for safety reasons, and we did not, although the neighborhood seemed ok by day. The hotel is 30 min from LAX and 45 min from Orange County Airport with no traffic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear EnricoNovelli,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is my first time staying in this hotel and honestly I was a little bit worried when reading their online reviews specifically the location and safety! When I arrived at the location I was very surprised that the location is not bad at all! I was very happy I chose this hotel. Staff was awesome especially Yasmin (night shift), shuttle driver and Jose in the breakfast area! This hotel is well maintained, decent price and has a superb customer service. I stayed in room 502 and had the city view which was really nice!! My wife and kids loves this hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor city view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Oh-oh-oh-0h
Reviewed 14 September 2013

+ No one was ever in the hot tub/ workout area. Great attentive staff. Plenty of free breakfast selections. Close to the highway. Typical urban area. I travelled with two small children and felt safe, but it may not look that way from the outside. Refrigerator in room.
- Wifi was spotty. They had several different ones and sometimes couldn't get it to work. Hallway roof leaked and they didn't seem in a hurry to fix. No microwave in room.
I paid a much lower rate than usually advertised which made this room seem like an excellent deal. If I had paid $200 a night it might not have seemed that way.

Room Tip: Wifi seems to work better on lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was a little cautious when I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read regarding its location, but my concerns were quickly alleviated when I arrived and met the staff. This is a great hotel, and if you're in town on business or vacation, it's a quick shuttle ride to the convention center, Staples Center, Nokia, and conference hotels. The front desk is especially helpful, and every single staff member that I encountered was exceptional. Kudos to this general manager, Xavier, for assembling such a strong team. Walter was extremely helpful, and Danny and Juan made sure I got where I needed to be and back again without fail.

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and safe. I would absolutely stay with this team again. Thank you for making it possible to unwind and get some much needed rest during my busy visit to L.A!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DonVB
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had the best stay ever. Front desk staff were very helpful and attentive to all my need.Specially Aida she was great and very professional at all times.Breakfast was delicious and not mentioned the free shuttle was very convenience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business